Humble Beginnings

Plague Doctor

Uhm, hey there. Im the Doc from Germany, and this is my first post here.

I have researched Tulpas for a while now. Funnily enough, the reason i started this was because i read a Creepypasta named "Tulpa" on Bogleech.com

(about a Tulpa that torments and tortures its creator, shockingly enough^^)and someone described in the comments what Tulpas actually are.

Now, after about a year of looking into it, i finally decided to try it myself

(since i have a ton of free time atm), and wanted to make a progress report here.

So the first thing i want to say, to explain some of my thoughts below, is that i literally have not a single shred of self confidence, so my doubt factor is pretty high, and i constantly think that im screwing this up somehow.

I started yesterday, and i use the "Tulpas for Dummys" guide as a general outline.

First i came up with a form. Since im not terribly creative when it comes to design, i gave her the form (though not the personality) of one of my favourite fictional characters. I kinda expected it to be hard, but probably because im Daydreaming constanly anyway the form was pretty easy for me.Not just the form, but also movements, quick and slow, the voice, and

the wonderland. All that stuff didnt even take an hour.^^

Then i started with the personality. My notes are thus:

curious

optimistic but still realistic

a jokester/sarcastic

tough

reliable

tolerant

a small dose of selfishness

sceptical

intelligent

patient

reasonably morbid

I know these arent a lot, but they are the most important for me right now.

Then i sat down with her, and fed her the traits as muffins, which was kinda fun.^^

After that i began passive forcing, talking to her about pretty much everything i do as i am doing it. Its feels pretty weird right now, but i think im gonna get used to it.

The biggest problem i have right now is the active forcing. I just dont know what to do or talk about with her there. I dont have that many interests, and i really dont have anything to do for the next 2 months, so i cant really talk about my day, since it consists of nothing.

To be honest, i dont even kow if im doing it right. Just to clarify, while forcing are you supposed to see your Tulpa and Wonderland clearly before you, or more like when you daydream? Cause i can only manage the latter right now.

Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day.

:)

The best feedback I can give you right now is to read some more guides (different kinds/newer ones aswell) to get a better overview about what you can do and what you have to expect. The "Tulpas for Dummys" isn't a bad guide, but the understanding of some aspects have changed over time. Vocality for example is regulary handled different today, as a developing process. (The Question & Answer Section provides quite some information, too.)

Your traits are alright, it isn't necessary to have a huge number of traits as a base.

I can relate to your active forcing problems. Well the general idea is to spend active time with your tulpa, without getting distracted by something else. The classic thing to do is to do some meditation with your tulpa, focusing on your tulpa instead of yourself. One read tip I read about is to imagine your tulpa sitting in front of you. Ask it to touch your head and focus on you, while you focus on the tulpa before you. Also you can symbolically feed your tulpa its traits in a way comfortable for you. One thing I like to do is to reflect about certain things at the end of the day. (This might just be stuff you liked seing in a episode of a show or something like that. It doesn't really matter.) Another great activity is to take a bath together. Simply but effective.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Thanks for your reply. I looked at a ton of guides, and used some of your active forcing tips, which helped a lot. :)

So, since you didnt comment on it, i assume that youre only supposed to see them daydream-like before your minds eye, which is a relief if true.^^

So, while there understandably hasnt been a lot of progress yet, there was a funny coincidence that i wanted to share.

Today while i was active forcing, i got a little headache. I sometimes get them when im concentrating a lot.Its rare, but it happens, and it seriously reduces my ability to concentrate.

Now i know that it is extremely unlikely that my tulpa can communicate with me yet, what with me being just in the first week of creation and all, but just for fun, while i was showing her around the wonderland, i said:

"Hey, if your responsible for the Headache, could you stop for a bit, it really distracts me from being here you know.".

...I know the sentence is a bit awkward, but it makes more sense in german, i can assure you.^^

So anyway, about 30 seconds after i said that, my headache vanished for almost 15 minutes. It only returned shortly before the end of my forcing session.

Like i said, it is unlikely that it was my tulpas doing, but i thought it was a funny enough to warrant a little Progress Report entry. ^^

Im gonna update again when some real progress happens. Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.

So, since you didnt comment on it, i assume that youre only supposed to see them daydream-like before your minds eye, which is a relief if true.^^

Oh, you're not doing anything wrong with that. It doesn't matter that much how exactly you see your tulpa, most people will start with some "mind eye" vision and aim for imposition later on, which would be the manipulation of your real senses, so you see your tulpa with your own eyes.

Today while i was active forcing, i got a little headache.

This is like super common when you get started with tulpamancy and can be a sign of overdoing it. You will experience more headaches depending on how much time you spend with your tulpa around, especially as long as your brain isn't trained for this. It helps to stay hydrated, I recommend to drink orange juice against headaches.

Guest Anonymous

Today while i was active forcing, i got a little headache.

Heh. Remembers me of my early times with Rina.

She was always "non-stop-active", meaning we basically spent our time together non-stop. That turned out to be straining for my mind, so we found a solution in her going to our wonderland alone.

Seems unusual as far as I can tell, but that somehow... well, "cuts" the connection between us. It's basically as if she literally just leaves for a few hours.

You'll definitely find a good solution for the two of you as well!

Greets,

AG

Okay, so im confused.

I assumed it would be normal that your tulpa doesnt really do anything at first. But now i see in other progress reports that that is appearantly not the case?

Right now, if i dont puppeteer my tulpa, she doesnt do anything...at all. She just sits there. Doesnt even change facial expression if i dont do it. She doesnt talk, doesnt move, she just sort of....sits there. But in other progress reports i read that their tulpas are way more active....or active at all.

So, my insecurites are telling me once more that ive done it wrong since the beginning.

Am i overreacting here? I hope i am.

Am i overreacting here? I hope i am.

You are. It is a subjective experience it may take some time before your tulpa does anything on its own, just keep up with your schedule and interact with your tulpa as much as possible. And most importantly: don't try to actively not puppet or not parrot your tulpa too much. The thoughts of your tulpa are very similiar to your own in an early state, and you may mistake them as your own.

So you should ask yourself instead: Did I let her move or say something on purpose, or did it just came up? Did she do something because I expected her to do so?

People say there is no thing as unintentionally parroting or puppeting, so if you get a reaction without you actively and consciously provoking it, you should assume that it was indeed your tulpa doing it, even though you can't be sure about it.

Okay, so im confused.

I assumed it would be normal that your tulpa doesnt really do anything at first. But now i see in other progress reports that that is appearantly not the case?

Temar:

It's okay to read other progress reports, but do yourself a favor and don't compare yourself to them. Other people's progress reports are good for getting ideas on how to handle your own tulpa and tackle any questions or problems that might come up, but every experience is a little different. You are not other people. Your tulpa will develop differently than everyone else's just because it's yours.

Creating a headperson is really surprisingly hard to screw up. Like, me and my headmates were puppetted up the wazoo in our development, and I would say that we actually came out pretty strong because we had molds to grow into, rather than in spite of it. So don't worry too much. Just do this at your pace and in your way. You're not screwing up. The only way to screw up is to give up.

Though don't be afraid to ask for advice. We're here to help. ;)

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

Still no progress, but a question. Two actually, but one is kinda...wierd.

Okay, so the wierd one first: What to do if your mind is actively working against you?

Let me explain. Like i mentioned before, im an avid daydreamer. Have been since pretty much forever, But heres the thing.

Everytime im daydreaming, something goes wrong without me wanting to in the most absurd ways.

(Im daydreaming a continous story in a fairly fleshed out world that i have created and continously worked on since i was a kid.)

E.g.: Im daydreaming a serious conversation, and suddenly one of the characters transforms into a T-Rex and starts speaking in a posh english accent, ori m daydreaming a battle and suddenly the loosing side starts "fyring ther lazohrs!!!!!!!"

Stuff like that happens all the time without me wanting it to happen, and i constantly have to force the story back on track. Now the same thing starts happening while tulpaforcing.

I sit down with her to narrate and suddenly her head starts spinning around like a gyroscope, or she looks like an old samurai for two minutes, or she takes her sword and cuts my limbs off(although i found that last one kinda funny^^)

Everytime something like this happens i know i did it, but i didnt want to....Its really hard to explain....i hope you get what i mean. It really takes me out of the moment and what little concentration i have evaporates completely.

The second question is more normal, but also more serious. Ive read in multiple guides that total concentration is necessaey to create a tulpa. Is that true? Cause if it is i can just stop now and save me the trouble.^^

I have a serious concentration problem and through years of hard work i managed to concentrate on what im doing

at a rate of about 80 percent. And my Doc says thats as high as its gonna get with me.

Not only that, but to achieve the 80 percent concentration i have to be somewhere where it is extremely quiet....Which is impossible. I live directly next to a giant childrens home, which means lots of screaming and loud music pretty much the whole day long. And not only that, but the walls in my flat are so thin that i can pretty much hear everything everyone in the house is doing at all times. (I can hear it when my neighbour above me makes coffee ffs)

So yeah. All that led to me being only able to tulpaforce for aout half an hour a day, and even then only with lots of interruptions. I sometimes get up to an hour, but thats really rare. Sometimes i can only get to do 20 minutes tops.

So yeah. At the moment im thinking if it is even possible for me to create a tulpa under these conditions.

Well someone else around here had to deal with "glitches" like this aswell. There isn't much you can do about it, beside trying to fully ignore it, so it happens less, and trying to get back on track again when it happens.

The concentration one is a bit exaggerated. It is necessary to focus on your tulpa, like actually doing stuff with your tulpa while not being busy with something else all the time. And you should try to slightly keep your tulpa in mind while being busy with something else, for passive forcing. Of course it helps if you're really good in concentrating on things, but it should work out aswell even if you struggle with keeping your mind clear. It will be harder, for sure. Maybe you will need more time for it. If you actively concentrate and focus for 20 to 60 minutes a day it is alright.