If other people portray tulpas in a way we don't like, we should portray it ourselves

jean-luc

There was a very strong negative reaction to MTV's episode on tulpas, myself included.

I realized that there isn't much out there meant to explain tulpas to normal people in video form. The closest that seems to agree with most people is the Reply All episode.

I propose that we create our own video to explain tulpas to the common person, in a way that we like. Tell me what you think, and if you're willing to participate then tell me what you have to offer!

I have a microphone and a voice, as well as decent (at least I'd like to think so) audio editing skills. I've dabbled in video editing and animation. I can host mumble server/files/whatever on my server if need be.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While going to sleep a day or two ago I imagined making a video to introduce THE MASSES, AS IN THE INTERNET WHERE WE ARE DANGIT to tulpamancy, though I didn't use the term tulpamancy just tulpas. It was posed in a realistic way to address the types of things skeptics question/want to hear about. And I ended up going through a whole five or so minute video too.

Of course, I've also been watching Youtube Poops for ten years and consider the ideas for them I come up with absolutely amazing, very funny and very detailed in how I'd do them.

But I'm me. I'm "lazy" and never "do" anything, so it won't happen. I lose motivation to do any and everything (up until this year with tulpamancy) very quickly. So I'm not contributing anything to this problem like I could be. But then, I was never really passing school either.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I could participate but all I have to offer are opinions and personal experiences... If they're worth anything I guess.

EDIT: I thought I should add that I'm a relatively normal person, just some social anxiety and introversion. I'm not counting in loneliness and depression because they only came maybe a year or even two after I had already created my tulpas, although none of the things mentioned above except for introversion were present when I began.... I don't exactly know where the line between normal and not normal goes, so meh. I don't have a mic or anything like that, and I'm way too shy to even make phone calls so I could only reply in text. But would like to be part of something if I can be of any use. And my tulpas of course, mostly Desmond or L though.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

I should probably clarify my post. The first caps part is addressing the fact that nobody who attempts to "portray tulpamancy in a positive light" understands anything about who their audience is. They care about outside opinion, but then make content more appropriate for those already on the inside. That MTV video was a perfect example of this. (Although to them it was just ~quirky content) It put some ideas out there, but the audience it'll get on the internet is absolutely not the audience it was oriented towards. No scholarly stuff either, there's already plenty of discussion like that here and elsewhere. Address the bulk of the world. Answer the questions they undoubtedly have, show some understanding of their skeptical perspective yourself, and just generally keep it down to earth. If you can't do that, then you can't do it.

The rest was just me complaining about the cards I was dealt, not contributing to the thread (which was paradoxically on-theme); disregard.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I could also participate if it was needed. But much like ClianthaMuria, I've got nothing else to offer than my opinions and anecdotal "evidences".

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

I could possibly do interviews and post them if this is something people want done. Say Skype interviews and such. I already have the equipment for it and production experience.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

We'd love to be part of such a project ! Although, all we could offer are personal experiences aswel :).

I think I would be seen as a "normal" person from the average human watching this. By that I mean I don't have Asperger or any brain condition whatsoever.

I also have a microphone and a voice, and a pretty decent webcam aswell :)

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

I was thinking about writing a book yesterday (coming to bookstores 2024). But there is no way I'm getting in front of a camera.

If for some reason you need a scriptwriter or editor, I can do that.

...You know, the number of aspies on this site is way below the number on the other site I'm on. So that's one debunked stereotype.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

All of it is personal experience. We just have to portray it in the right light and take as scientific as an approach as possible until we get the interest of someone willing to do a scientific study.

For starters, we shouldn't use the term imaginary friend. If we believe tulpa to be more than imaginary we should use terms reflecting that.

Second is we shouldn't call it a Wonderland. Something like "mindscape" is much better because it is real to the Tulpa and that is what matters.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Thank you everyone for the replies/support.

As for what to offer; How about ideas! I have no idea what the format/theme of this will be, and I'm open to ideas.

I was thinking about writing a book yesterday (coming to bookstores 2024). But there is no way I'm getting in front of a camera.

If for some reason you need a scriptwriter or editor, I can do that.

...You know, the number of aspies on this site is way below the number on the other site I'm on. So that's one debunked stereotype.

I would assume a script needs to be written. Welcome aboard!

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc