Ika's progress log
Though I didn't initially plan to create a wonderland, one evening I started to wonder what would mine look like if I had one. I got this idea of a quaint, charming little town and before i knew it, me and my tulpa were on its outskirts, on a forest cliff overlooking it, in a camping tent. We sat at the cliff and watched the summer sun setting over it. I wanted it to have some nice industrial landmark, preferably one that could fuel the town's economy and provide jobs for townsfolk. I told my tulpa that it's his domain and he's free to create and shape it. His first task would be coming up with what that landmark could be.

I also wanted us to have a home somewhere in there and decided to spend the remainder of our first visit in the wonderland walking all the way to it. We packed up our tent and headed out through the forest (which was getting pretty dark by that time) towards the town. While on our way, we had to pass some terrain I hadn't imagined before and I'm not really sure if it was me or my tulpa coming up with it, but we left the forest, crossed a road and some grasslands before finding ourselves on a beach, surrounding a beautiful bay. We watched a yacht sail by towards a small port to our left. I took my shoes off (my tulpa walks barefoot) and we pulled our pants up to our knees to get our feet wet. We then walked the shore towards the port, jumped the breakwater to get in (he's shorter than me so I had to give him a boost), walked out the main gate and from there we walked around the bay, on a beautiful tree-shaded road towards our home. It was this little house with windows overlooking the bay. I asked my tulpa to think about the room layout and show it to me next time.

I haven't used my imagination like this for many years but seems like it's still very vivid. Everything we saw was very detailed and very specifically laid out in space (I could easily draw a map).  I could almost feel the sand and cold bay water on my feet, I could almost smell the pine trees in the hot summer air, I saw the tree shade making patterns on my tulpa's back as he walked in front of me. By that time I was so in love with that place, I knew we'd come back on a regular basis.

And here comes my first question in this thread (finally). If I specifically told my tulpa it's his job to shape our wonderland, how do I know if it was him or me coming up with all the places we went through on our way? I asked him to lead the way, I didn't have an idea where our destination is even located until we were getting close. I didn't even have to think about it, it all just appeared before me, though my tulpa seemed to be hesitating where to go a few times. This was one of our very first forcing sessions and it too, went beyond what I expected.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

A lot of people seem to have trouble just visualizing their dreamland at first, so congratulations! With a gift like that, I imagine you'll be spending a lot of time there.

I guess you could answer your question the same way you'd help someone with parrotnoia. Is everything in the dreamland something you would/could come up with? I've heard people say stuff to the effect of "If you can't tell, that means your tulpa did it."

And, once your tulpa is vocal, you can just ask your tulpa.
Hello! I am Tanaka Kanade's tulpa. I share her head with my sister Cornelia
Yes don't worry about it. If he claims he did it, simply believe him.

Nice adventure. I love those long ones when we do them. How are your memories of the event now? Vivid still or fading?
Well, to be honest this town is resembling my home town a lot, so maybe I subconsciously used it as a template. I mean, the layout is different, landmarks are different, but it's also a small coastal town with a sea port. As for my memories, I can recall every part of our journey with the exact same level of detail as I saw it the first time. Mind you, I described our little adventure very briefly, as including every single detail would turn it into a 10 page story. Like I mentioned, I used to play with my imagination almost every night as a kid and thankfully it didn't wilt in the years of not using it.

And yes, we spent quite a lot of time there already. My tulpa showed me around our house during our next forcing session and I absolutely loved what he did there. Just 2 rooms, each taking up entire floor. The ground floor has a closet for our clothes, bit of empty space and a kitchen with a door to the back yard, the top floor is our living room with a balcony overlooking the bay and a small bathroom. I'm pretty sure that my tulpa came up with all of it, since I kinda wanted separate rooms and a bigger bathroom, but had difficulties imagining it, which was maybe my tulpa resisting any changes to his creation. I let him have his way and I almost instantly loved all of it. It's so cosy and beautiful I wish i had a house like this in real life.

As for the landmark, he chose to make it a power plant. I kinda wanted a nuclear one for the cool factor, but he was hesitant (maybe because I told him some scare stories about the firefighters who died of radiation poisoning after the Chernobyl disaster) so we went with a good old planet-killing fossil fuel power plant placed on the town's outskirts, on the bay shore, a few kilometres from our home.

I got the idea of planting some veggies in our back yard so one of our adventures involved riding bikes to the town's square to buy seeds and gardening tools. We also spent a good deal of time working on our garden and one time we rode bikes to the power plant to see it up close. We've been doing this for over two weeks now and It's been great fun for us.
Very cool!
Looking for more ways to have fun and productive forcing sessions I scoured these message boards for clues and 1 in particular got my attention - forcing with music. I loved music before I could speak properly and more recently I'm trying to write and record my own. It moves me on an emotional level, it's the only spiritual experience I'm capable of, it's a driving force and immense joy to me.

What I love about it the most is that it can express feelings and emotions that reach far beyond what words can express or sometimes even address. No amount of long sentences and intricate metaphors can accurately describe what you can directly and effortlessly experience when listening to a piece of music. That's why it's only natural that the right kind of music should be a powerful forcing tool.

I asked myself 2 questions: what music would my tulpa enjoy listening to and what music evokes the characteristics of my tulpa and my emotions for him? These might seem like difficult questions, but I knew the answer instantly. It's Hammock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZkoalCoHc

Now, I listen to a lot of really harsh and unsettling music but there's never a bad moment for some soothing and shimmering post rock for me, and Hammock is one of my favourite bands in this genre. Their music goes beyond "nice tunes to chill to", it represents purity and innocence to me. It sounds like love, care, affection and everything else still worth saving in this world crystallised in the form of music. And the song titles really make me think about my tulpa too, like "Artificial Paradises", "Together Alone", "Words You Said... I'll Never Forget You Now", and "All Is Dream and Everything Is Real"...

So one evening I bought my favourite Hammock album on Bandcamp as a kind of a gift to my tulpa, downloaded it to my phone and now we listen to it when forcing. It's great to cut off distracting background sounds and for providing the right tone for the kind of intimate and affectionate relationship I'd like to have with my tulpa. We listen to it while taking our walks, we listen to it when spending time in our wonderland (it really enhances the experience, makes it feel like watching a fully interactive movie) and it reminds me of him when I'm listening on shuffle and Hammock finds its way into the queue. Or sometimes, I just put it on, close my eyes and focus entirely on listening to the music and trying to imagine my tulpa soaking it in and letting it shape his personality.

Also, one more thing I do is singing for my tulpa. Singing alone is very different than singing in front of an audience, even if it's just a single person. When you play and sing for someone, it puts you in performance mode. For example, If you screw up alone, you usually repeat until you get it right, that's practise. When performing, you can't really do that. "The show must go on" rule is in effect, you have to perform the song to the end and cover up or go along with any mistakes you've made. It also makes you want to impress your audience, which makes you give it your best. Finally, singing live for someone is a very intimate experience that involves putting all your emotions in your voice just for them. I think my tulpa enjoys it.