"Invisible" Friends

Frost

Did you have an "invisible" friend as a child that only you could see?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have an "invisible" friend as a child that only you could see?

• Yes, I could see them.
    • Yes, but I couldn't see them.
    • No, I had real friends.

Did anyone have a friend that only they could see as a child? In doing some research I have concluded that this category of "Invisible" childhood friends are actually basic Tulpae... I would really like to hear your stories. Also, to make this more of a research thread, I want to know if you can "revive" him/her. So, if you understand this, I would like your assistance.

How do we Ascend through the falling clouds?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had many when i where a child, but their act more like puppets than like real friends. Actually i shared them with a friend of mine back their. I wouldnt say they are similiar to tulpas, they are way more complex.

Lacie(my tulpa for my everydaylife and also my best friend)

Noah together with Lynn are my spirituell tulpa´s im using for meditation

Darcmanish Me

Lacie´s and my progress report.

The reason I brought this up in the first place is because someone posed a question to me. "Would you consider a so-called "imaginary" friend to be a Tulpa? I thought about this for some time, and came to the conclusion that they seem to be overly simple Tulpae...

How do we Ascend through the falling clouds?

I sometimes shared imaginary friends with real friends. My cousin also suggested an imaginary girlfriend when I was 11, and I stuck with her for five years. That was more of a wonderland-only thing, and I wouldn't even call her a servitor. Maybe more like an NPC. I guess they were all NPCs.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I've been wondering about this myself. I think that imaginary characters ARE basic tulpas, because I'm sure that if a child took their imaginary friend and did all of the things that we do to get our tulpas "complete," then it'd be the same results. Perhaps they'd have a head start, as children are generally more creative than teenagers and adults.

I also think it's safe to say that some imaginary friends are fully developed tulpas, but this probably isn't too common. Take Amber and Toby, for example. Toby might have been a tulpa when she was younger, but she would have only called him her imaginary friend, or something of the like, and even if she didn't in her case there's still several billion other people in the world.

James: Hello, all!

when i was but a boy i seen/ connected with all the characters from cartoons and video games, and just said that they where my friends that hung out with me.. and i guess i mental rp'd with them, although i didnt know how to do in wonderland only movements while keeping focused on other things as i grew older to now, looking back it just seems that most of the characters where like NPCs, they wouldn't interact with me unless if i interacted with them and some of the out of character banter seemed... robotic at first to indifferent to quirky. it was kind of odd seeing mario and charlie brown discussing things but really who was i to blame, i when i was a boy was the owner of my own "studio" while i was imagining. lol.. so i guess to now i never really thought much about invisible friends not being as imaginary, but just.. there and we never knew their existence until you found out about them

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

• 3 weeks later...

I've been talking to someone for anywhere between fifteen and twenty years. At times I felt like I was getting responses but in the end it really was just me doing it. When I began creating a tulpa this person was the one I intended to build, only to find out that 'he' was actually a 'she'. Since finding that out I stopped parroting and started forcing to develop her further.

Lucy is my only tulpa to date. I 'created' her on February 1, 2015.

(Why the airquotes? Well, I'd been talking to someone in my head before that but always assumed that person to be male...then I found out she wasn't.)