Jean-luc breaks-your-wish, longpost style.

jean-luc

So in the Break-a-wish thread I have made a few posts that are very... long. Some others have done something similar. Some posts bridge the gap between normal wish-break and longpost.

Well, when I write my long wish-breaks, I always get annoyed by the inherent time-pressure of the awkwardness of being ninja'd by 10 people. You may notice that almost all of the posts I linked were ninja'd. It's cause it takes awhile to write. So here is my solution:

In this thread, post your wishes. I will grant you wish but make it horrible in Break-a-wish style, in a short story.

There may be (read: I hope there will be) multiple people that post wishes, and I will pick whichever one spawns a story idea in my head. Expect several days years, apparently, from wish post to grant post.

Also it'd be great if you could post details about your life. When I'm writing these things I have to try and figure out how to make things consistent. Writing "you can't go to work the next day" breaks when you're still in school. So questions that you can answer if you want to make things easier for me, otherwise I'll just guess like I did here.

• Gender?
  • First name and/or name that people call you IRL.
  • Living situation. Are you living with your parents? Do you have a roommate? Wife? Kids?
  • Work situation? Do you work? Do you go to school? What do you do there? Do you enjoy it?
  • What do you do for fun when not doing the above?

WARNING: These posts can get quite gruesome and shocking

They're supposed to be shocking. I mean no ill will towards anyone in this community. I do not wish for the things that I write about to actually happen to the person I'm writing them about. By posting a wish here you are saying that you are okay with me writing a gruesome and shocking story about you similar to those linked above using the information you give me.

Huh, unexpected legalese. Now we know how that language developed. Anyway,

Wish away!

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WANT TO BE THE FIRST!!!

My wish is to be the best artist on this planet.

First name: ..Welp. Selin.

Living Situation: With Parents. Will be moving out.

Work Situation: School. No, I don't enjoy it all that much. (Forgot to add this. I study International relations.)

What I do for fun: Video games. A lot of video games. Drawing, writing, reading books. Sometimes exercising.

Make it better than Cupcakes.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

I like that the majority of the linked wish breaks are related to me, either written BY or FOR me. I've gotta look for a certain one that Redline did that was REALLY good. I'll get back to you when I find it.

Also, I wish for a mech suit from titanfall.

First name: Nathan

Living situation: With parents... Such is life of a high schooler

Work situation: School/ Lifeguard part time

Fun: Making shitty memes and photoshops along with gaming

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I was actually talking about this one here.

It's always been one that I remembered.

Also, I'm glad that you enjoyed the longpost I made today.

EDIT: I dunno if you figured it out, but the assistant was supposed to be me.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

oh hey i missed that one! That was cool. And yeah i got that, it was pretty obvious.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• 1 month later...

Is this ever gonna happen, or did you give up?

Oh! Uhm, I, uh....

I definitely didn't completely forget about this. Totally. Definitely. sssshhhhhh

• 5 weeks later...

BTW, still doing this, it is a thing, I have a draft, its not dead, yadayadayada