Just a fun and quick experiment.

motorheadlk

You know this gif?

bailarina.gif

It is a simple thing, if you look at it, it will appear to be spinning either CW or CCW, whatever be the case, people claim that if you can consciously switch the direction of which the ballerina is spinning, you have more control over your brain.

It's not something so hard to do, if you focus or if you take a walk and come back it's possible that she will be spinning to the other direction. Also, if you look at her with your peripheral vision and then look at it focusing again it's possible that you see her spinning to another direction.

Apparently, it has something to do with your most active brain hemisphere, but that's probably pseudoscience. Just as a test that could not work, I propose to you to ask to your tulpa to try to change the direction in which the ballerina seems to be spinning.

So, TL;DR:

1) Look at the ballerina.

2) See and remember if she's spinning CW or CCW

3) Try looking at it with your peripheral vision or go do something else and let a tab with the .gif opened

4) Try looking at it again and see if the direction changed

This proves absolutely nothing, and probably achieves nothing too, but I find it to be nonetheless a interesting experiment to see if your tulpa can also alter the way you see things (That is, of course, only for those who still aren't able to impose). Report the results here!

Edit: I just asked my tulpa which I didn't believe that was actually sentient to try this and the direction actually changed from CW to CCW, it was funny because for 3 times it seemed like she stopped spinning and was doing some kind of pendulum motion and for some reason after I asked my tulpa she was just spinning CCW. Sentience confirming test? Probably no, but I can't stop laughing because it worked lol.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving it off the screen and then thinking she will move the other way and then scrolling back up seems to make her change the spinning direction.

I guess keeping it in my peripheral vision and then just thinking hard enough that she will change direction, she will, but it's not something that happens right at the moment I start thinking about it. It's funny when it happens though, you will notice it right away.

if I ask Roswell to help, looking away and then back has really good success rate, only a few times it hasn't changed. Keeping it in my vision seems to be more or less just as fast as if I were to do it alone. I think.

I don't think I have good luck with actually looking it and trying to change it, sometimes it happens, but it's difficult.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Just tried it again. It was moving CW so I decided to try to make the ballerina change the direction shes rotating, didn't work, so I thought: "Now I'll ask Kuruminha to do it" the moment I said out loud "Kuruminha" she did not even let me finish the phrase and the ballerina already changed directions, and then I just thought, ok, now back to CW, instantly she changed again. I might write this down on my progress report later.

Moving it off the screen and then thinking she will move the other way and then scrolling back up seems to make her change the spinning direction.

I guess keeping it in my peripheral vision and then just thinking hard enough that she will change direction, she will, but it's not something that happens right at the moment I start thinking about it. It's funny when it happens though, you will notice it right away.

if I ask Roswell to help, looking away and then back has really good success rate, only a few times it hasn't changed. Keeping it in my vision seems to be more or less just as fast as if I were to do it alone. I think.

I don't think I have good luck with actually looking it and trying to change it, sometimes it happens, but it's difficult.

Yes, it seems this could have some application after all, since even my tulpa that still can't talk was able to pull it off, it could be used to confirming sentience, but it could also be a placebo effect because you think your tulpa is going to do it and then when you believe your brain starts to make the ballerina rotate in another direction, but I can guarantee that I didn't think my tulpa would be able to pull it off, specially because I thought she wasn't sentient yet. Now I know almost for sure that my tulpa is sentient, I should just work more on her and she should be able to talk, but I thought I would confirm sentience only after I started hearing her voice (mindspeak, of course). She's probably not really fluent yet.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

It seems to be, did it without the help of Kuruminha (might start calling her Kuru for short). That's probably because the motion has less frames.

Whoa, this is weird.

At first, I saw it spinning counter-clockwise and could NOT see it going clockwise no matter how hard I tried or how many times I looked away and back.

I asked Link what direction he saw it spinning, and he replied clockwise. A couple moments later, I suddenly noticed it was now spinning clockwise, too.

I currently cannot see it going counter-clockwise anymore.

EDIT: I figured out how to make it switch directions at will now, but it takes a LOT of effort.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Whoa, this is weird.

At first, I saw it spinning counter-clockwise and could NOT see it going clockwise no matter how hard I tried or how many times I looked away and back.

I asked Link what direction he saw it spinning, and he replied clockwise. A couple moments later, I suddenly noticed it was now spinning clockwise, too.

I currently cannot see it going counter-clockwise anymore.

EDIT: I figured out how to make it switch directions at will now, but it takes a LOT of effort.

I see. It seems that this would only work as a sentience confirming test with someone that doesn't know the how to manipulate the directions yet. I still take a lot of time to be able to change directions and my tulpa can do it in a blink, though.

I was having a hard time trying to change the direction, and when I asked Mei to change it, it worked in seconds. Awesome.

Even I kept trying, and when changed again I hear her saying "That was me [laughs]".

Nice experiment!