Let's Discuss Video Games

Brassow

So let's just talk about our favorite video games, and why we like them. Make sure to talk to others about their favorite games too, I don't want this to be a non-integration thread. Also NO SPOLIERS (Anything before "halfway" mark in a game is okay I guess.)

My favorite games of all time is the metro series (2033 and Last Light). The premise of the game is nuclear war happened in 2013 and centers around the survivors in Moscow, who can only inhabit the tunnels. The series is fun with good combat, a nice stealth system, an AMAZING story, as well as characters that are hard to forget.

The largest con is how linear it is, stabbing you with a "go this way" feel. Both can be purchased together for $40, and I would definitely reccomend them, especially when on sale for Steam users.

So what games do you guys like?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DID want to get Fallout 4, but didn't want the $60 price tag. Knowing Steam, it will go on sale around Christmas, when I'll most likely grab a copy.

So for now I'll just keep playing Skyrim.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I like so many games, it is really hard to pick a favourite. I like the witcher series a lot. They tell a great story and your decisions aren't black and white like in most games. Most of the time you end up choosing between two different evils hoping that it was the right thing to do, often enough these games will slap you with unforseen consequences. Like you decide that a group of children is spared from certain death, but by doing so you're dooming some major characters you're trying to save a bit later in the game.

It is a plus that you're able to load your progress from the first game into the second, and from the second into the third. The price tags are pretty fair aswell, most of the time you get a load of free shit (16 DLCs in witcher 3) too. And of course everything is DRM free.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Favourite? What a hard question to answer.

Series - I'd have to say the Ratchet And Clank series.

With a favourite single game, I'm torn between Skyrim, Legendary, and Dragon's Dogma

I .. I uhm .. play Tetris.

Game of the century right there.

I see a lot of you guys are into fantasy games. I can't really say the same with the sole exception being Skyrim.

Okami - the only game that I can play again and again and again without getting bored. It's been my favorite game for.. idk, 6 years or something?

Besides of that.. basically anything with a catchy story. And yeah, Portal is really great!

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Game of the century right there.

I see a lot of you guys are into fantasy games. I can't really say the same with the sole exception being Skyrim.

We all know your main genre is forum games :D

Well I mainly like RPGs (Fantasy, or Sci-Fy), Real Time Strategy and Shooter, as long as they're containig more than basic stuff. The borderlands series is a great example. Survival games are a "maybe" for me. I can't play them too long before getting bored

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.