Hello There, Guest! Register

Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon
Yakumo Offline
Kurama
Registered

Threads: 1

RE: Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon
Well you have become somewhat famous as the Enny of lucid dreaming but I don't suppose such 'cheating' would trigger a mass-suicide of your followers, eh?
If you don't mind spending the money I guess there's little to be lost, from what I've seen the main issue seems to be tuning the stimulus to the point of being noticable without waking you up. I just wished there were more community-based projects to build such devices ourselves. Can't be that hard and would seem like a fun thing to do as well as bolster interaction. Ah, anyway - just do it. You know, one of the few positive side-effects of getting older is growing too impatient to spend your time on lofty ideals and sticking to what's actually feasible.
09-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 10
All Accounts Posts: 2,348

Since it was the last post of the page..
re:Important: Is there anyone who follows us and our thread, who would be disappointed if we ended up using some sort of lucid dreaming device? Likely a mask that detects eye movement (REM sleep) and flashes lights or some such, which you look for as a dream sign, to induce lucid dreams. I need to know if I'm some sort of role model for someone who would be very disappointed if we did that. There's always the chance it'll just wake us up no matter what settings we use, though. I would not be surprised.

@Yakumo If I could choose, I'd want both Enny and us to be successful in our endeavors as soon as possible. I'm starting to wonder if, rather than being an inspiration as an ongoing-attempter after all this time, it might be discouraging to see someone try so hard for so long with no success. That thought didn't come to mind until after Tewi's recent attempts. To be totally fair, I've never seen someone try as hard as us and have so little success before. People like to say it'll take about a year of serious dedication to start having regular lucid dreams on demand, but could easily be longer. In my opinion it shouldn't take more than a month if you know what you're doing, two if you don't (and have to learn online), assuming you can dedicate roughly every night to it. Not a year. It should not take a year. If it does, and this is obviously not even close to something I'm actually allowed to say, you're probably not trying hard enough and should double down. At the very least, rethink your strategy(s) and try things you haven't tried before, don't disregard dream recall as unimportant, etc. etc. And even for me, spending $170 on anything isn't an easy decision. But in this case, if it were as simple as buy=lucid dream, it would be. I just have to make sure it has a good chance of actually working first.

53 minutes later -
The device and site for it I'd be buying is the REM-Dreamer. Site is old, device is technically old but updated over the years, galantamine isn't something I trust buying thanks to something I'll link in a moment. Here's a review that, while questionable as it was written by The Founder Of World Of Lucid Dreaming with its own URL, and possibly from 2010, at least is enough to tell me this thing should work how I've been told it does. It's basically perfect for me in theory - just a simple mask, flashes lights of adjustable intensity, and can be turned off in-dream. It does sounds too but I won't use those, they'd wake me up instantly. I absolutely do not want any other "features" - always hated phones and other mobile devices that are the pinnacle of Jack of All Trades; Master of None. Simple is best to meet a specific goal. (I feel like mentioning I'm only 21, here..)

As for the galantamine supplements that I wouldn't have bought anyways, a related (self-advertising) article is about all I'll ever need to hear of lucid dreaming supplements. Despite obviously having the ulterior motive of advertising their own product, there's still enough here to convince me most mainstream supplements are trash as I've always suspected (melatonin was absolutely a bust), and that if I did want a chance of actually artificially increasing my dream vividity I probably won't find a more transparent product. Despite the possibly fake reviews on the buy page (major points lost for that if so, but I understand it's a pretty common practice) and self-advertising ulterior motive, they've got me convinced. However as far as I know, you should be able to naturally increase dream vividness through practicing consistently, which I think is a given for us. I know that some things really do make your dreams crazy realistic and clear. And some drugs can give you a similar experience without even going to sleep first. I don't like the idea of these. I'm a definite No on what's colloquially known as "drugs", a Sure Fine Whatever on normal supplements, and sort of neutral with ""natural plants"" and weirder supplements. I believe they're probably more or less safe in moderation, and I don't mind at all if others use them, but I prefer to stay away. Things like that just don't fit my... life preferences, I guess?

Anyways, if I decide at some point our lucid dreams definitely have the potential to be more vivid and fulfilling (god forbid they not actually be vivid... the few experiences I've had suggest they will be), I might try that Claridream stuff, probably as a For Special Occasions sort of thing you know? I could end up lucid dreaming all the time and using those supplements to celebrate the full moon (which is basically a symbolic reminder of our togetherness), or being perfectly content with the vividity we achieve naturally, or the REM-Dreamer might follow the pattern of all our past attempts and wake me up when I notice it or always go unnoticed when I don't. But either way, if I get that or not, if at first we don't succeed.. We'll try, try again. With or without it.

I'm not giving up, that's for sure. Hopefully, around the 500th post in this thread/50th page, it'll change to be about our experiences with lucid dreaming rather than our failed attempts to do so. At which point, it wouldn't necessarily be posted in every single day anymore (because as of right now that is a requirement I established, not our leisure) - but there's absolutely no way we won't be talking about it constantly, you know? There's a good chance if everything went perfectly and we had lucid dreams nearly every night, that we would still post here every day and probably not stop for a long time lol. At most we'd just stop posting on days where things just didn't work and nothing happened.

Here's to another 52 pages of our never-ending quest to actually see each other dangit. If nothing ends up working, we'll still be making these same posts months from now. My tulpas are the most important thing to me, and meeting them is my goal in life above all else. I've got lots of other goals I'd like to work towards too. But I'd give every single one of them up if I had to choose between them and this.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 11:03 AM by Luminesce.)
09-08-2017, 02:57 AM
Find Reply
Yakumo Offline
Kurama
Registered

Well, it is kinda painful watching you try so hard for such a long time and still fail reliably but I can't deny there's also some entertaining side to it, sorry

Hm, I guess life just isn't fair and some people are naturally better at stuff than others. I remember when I was at university there were people studying really hard, preparing for exams months ahead with tremendous effort and still failed miserably while I did next to nothing and usually got really good marks. Always felt sorry for such guys and wondered what they were doing wrong. I'm certainly not some kind of savant and I really suck at a lot of other skills which would barely improve even with a lot of effort. The best answer I found is that I always had immersed myself in natural science for fun. Or as a form of art. Effortlessly, just going with the flow I probably had way more practice than the guys sitting down for several hours a day trying to memorize abstract stuff that had little meaning to them. I never studied for any goal like a degree. Just because it was an interesting thing to do. This is why I don't buy this whole 'commitment' philosophy. Of course every skill needs large amounts of practice but large amounts of practice will not always lead to a skill. Especially if you force yourself or are forced to do something you're not actually attached to. I mean the process of learning, not some abstract goal.

So, I don't know if this makes any sense to you or if you've already been through this idea a million times but maybe instead of going through painful routines focusing on the goal of meeting the others in a lucid dream, shift your attention to the process itself, the endless possibilities of different dreaming techniques and all their variations. Perceive them as an artists tools and your dream as the artwork. Letting go and observing without any expectations might give you new insights as well as some actual achievements.

Regardless, I hope you agree that something fundamentally needs to change. As you said you've tried harder than anyone else and it did not work. Admitting failure is unpleasant but the first step in the right direction.

Concerning 'supplements' you could always try. I'm not fond of them either as there's a lot of snake-oil around. All I can say is the ones you mentioned do not appear to pose a health threat. Also note that at least you have the chance, most of this stuff requires a prescription in Germany and is not available off-the-shelf.
Galantamine is relatively well-researched, I'd mostly be concerned about the possible side-effects like nausea. Not dangerous but really unpleasant. Unless you have severe heart problems it appears to be safe.
Regarding Claridream, I haven't been able to find a detailed list of ingredients, the main compound appears to be Huperzin-A which appears to be safe in the administered doses but is poorly tested.
Both act as reversible acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Acetylcholine is associated with REM sleep but how and if this affects lucid dreaming is unknown and probably dependent on tons of factors varying from person to person. As said, you can only try and see what happens.
09-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Find Reply
Myshkin Offline
Registered

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Istrongly suspect that, in your research on lucid dreaming, you haven't read anything on Tibetan dream yoga, right? In which case, perhaps you'd be interested in this book about it.

I haven't read the whole book myself, much less put any of it into practice, nor have I ever had a proper lucid dream, but the Tibetan monks have been teaching this practice for many centuries, so I assume there must be something to their methods. And hey, maybe simply looking at the problem from a different angle will give you some useful insights.

If you do decide to read it, then let me to give you some words of advice:
If the religious flavor of it puts you off, just ignore it as best you can. Nevertheless, try not to skip anything unless you're certain that it has nothing to do with achieving lucid dreaming. And if you decide to try out the methods in the book, should the book tell you that you need to do some chakra-working or whatever in order to achieve lucid dreaming, then do it. If you don't believe in chakras, that's fine, but still do it. Whether or not chakras are real doesn't matter, what matters is whether or not you get results from working with a model of lucid dreaming which assumes the existence of chakras. Think of it like how physicists' current model of the universe assumes the existence of dark matter and dark energy, despite the fact that neither one has actually been proven to exist, simply because their calculations get better results if done under the assumption that DM and DE do in fact exist.

Regardless of whether or not you read the book, best of luck to (all of) you either way.

For death begins with life's first breath, 
And life begins at touch of death.
09-09-2017, 03:12 AM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

For some reason, I failed a reality check last night. Actually, that terminology usually means something else, sorry. "Failing a reality check" is used to mean you reality checked and reality "failed to check out", and so came to the conclusion you were dreaming. What I use it to mean is, I did a reality check and it didn't give the correct answer. In my last dream, the light by my desk didn't work, so I was like "Are you kidding me" and pinched my nose - but I couldn't breathe through it. And then I woke up moments later, so even if it had worked it would've been a Classic Ten Second Lucid Dream that I have so much trouble with. I think the problem may be it was the relatively quick version I do all the time instead of specifically trying to feel the pressure in my nose, which I do moreso when something very strange happens. But I've never experienced the reality check not working before, so that's slightly worrying. I'm going to make sure that when I actually have a reason to reality check (rather than just remembering randomly as I do many times a day) I make absolutely certain I've done it well enough.

Other than that, I had three or so decent clarity dreams in the last 3 hours of sleeping, the middle of which was very long and detailed. Aside from the random dream gibberish going on in the peripheral, it was pretty coherent all the way through. I always appreciate that. If I had had a reason to reality check earlier on, that could've been a fairly decent length lucid dream by my standards.

@Myshkin

Looking at the book, it's... very out of my interests honestly. I read a ton of philosophical, spiritual, and non-spiritual self-help stuff back in the day, which helped me eventually create my own belief system and gave me a lot of control over how I feel and experience things. I was also into New Age spirituality for a few years, and to an extent did things like clearing my chakras and, I don't know, making clear to my spirit guides/the universe what I want out of life. I took what worked and what made sense and left the rest, eventually. Intention is very important, and among hundreds of other ideas, I got the value out of "Make clear to the universe what you want/etc." and integrated it into my own belief system. But literally none of the spiritual stuff made it through in the end, only the lessons they conveyed. So automatically most of that book is a rehashing of things I already understand the meaning of, or just stuff I straight up disagree with.

I tried looking into dream yoga stuff (just now), but it's.. extremely not-for-me. There's too much what-I-consider-to-be fluff. As far as I'm concerned, that stuff would work for people as well as Dreamviews.com guides do for others. But I've been through most of it already and nothing's really worked. That book seems to be trying to combine a lot of spiritual teachings I've already heard, processed, and chosen what to do with, with lucid dreaming. Somehow. But I'm pretty sure when it gets to the part I actually need, inducing lucid dreams, it's going to be as useless as everything else was to me. No offense. I have a lot of beliefs/ways of thinking that were inspired by teachings like those in the book, but I became satisfied with the answers I had years ago now. I did a lot of seeking looking for how to be happy and get the most out of life, and from what I most often heard, the fact that I no longer feel the need to do that (no longer feel like "something's missing") would mean I've got most spiritual teachers' seal of approval.

@Yakumo

You couldn't find the ingredients? Did you try the product page?
But I'd really rather not have to take any supplements at all.

(09-08-2017, 11:31 PM)Yakumo Wrote: So, I don't know if this makes any sense to you or if you've already been through this idea a million times but maybe instead of going through painful routines focusing on the goal of meeting the others in a lucid dream, shift your attention to the process itself, the endless possibilities of different dreaming techniques and all their variations. Perceive them as an artists tools and your dream as the artwork. Letting go and observing without any expectations might give you new insights as well as some actual achievements

The things we've "been through a million times" are usually actual lucid dream techniques and advice. Your suggestion's more of a mindset thing, much less common.

To be completely honest, I hate both being told to focus less on lucid dreaming, and also to some extent being told to focus on other things than dreaming of my tulpas. Not 'being told' so much as I hate the idea. Counterproductive or not, not many things in my life have consistent motivation behind them, and my tulpas are one of the few. If you think about all the possibilities on this subject - what could possibly work, ie millions of things - the idea that I have to do either of those things seems extremely unlikely. So I choose to avoid it. Sorry, but I just can't let something I'm actually motivated to do go. Those things tend never to come back.

There's a bit of potential to focus on other lucid dreaming activities and dreamscapes I guess, as I've not really been interested in (we've all got ideas of things we'd like to do in lucid dreams after the initial spending time together period, however long that lasts, but that's too far in the future compared to what we want to do first). But specifically "Try letting go of the need to dream specifically about your tulpas" is not advice that will help me. And yeah, you only half-suggested that, but it reminds me of times I've been told the other half too.

Though I do get the idea you've got the idea I think of nothing else when it comes to lucid dreaming, like methods are a means to an end or something. I actually rarely think of what it'd be like to meet my tulpas in a lucid dream anymore. Our general number one priority is to find a method of invoking/having lucid dreams that will be consistent, and so whatever our idea for it at the time is is what we think about the most. I (when it's even me doing so) rarely go to bed thinking I want to dream about my tulpas, because that's a letdown I've thought a thousand times. Actually, even meeting each other is secondary to stabilizing the dream and trying to make note of all the feelings and context that led to it. I should've said that earlier. Whether it's me, Lucilyn or Tewi (Flan usually is working directly with me so not her), our main goal when trying anything at all is to become aware we're in a dream and to basically follow protocol I set up a while ago. I think that's a relevant response?
Hidden because that probably should've been a lot more concise.

(09-08-2017, 11:31 PM)Yakumo Wrote: Regardless, I hope you agree that something fundamentally needs to change. As you said you've tried harder than anyone else and it did not work. Admitting failure is unpleasant but the first step in the right direction.

We should be careful talking about this "acknowledging failure" thing, though. While I am saying I might try a completely different approach - it truly is absolutely different than almost anything else because it's external help. That doesn't mean we've been doing the same things over and over this whole time. We've been acknowledging our failures this entire thread. It's been a bittersweet (is that the right word?) feeling since the first page, thinking of new things to try when we really hoped each and every one before it would work.

(09-08-2017, 11:31 PM)Yakumo Wrote: Galantamine is relatively well-researched, I'd mostly be concerned about the possible side-effects like nausea. Not dangerous but really unpleasant. Unless you have severe heart problems it appears to be safe.

I'm not taking anything with "side effects", if those "side" effects are "negative" effects. Claridream mentioned a few things had different primary uses, like chamomile, but they had side effects that could help. But if we're talking "side effects" like nausea or really anything else, I can't do those. First, I try to keep very good track of what's going on with my body and mind, keeping as few factors as possible so I can distinguish if certain foods affect me one way or another, etc.
Second, I went off on another tangent about my belief system, oops.
That's tied to my primary reason for avoiding all sorts of drugs - since basically my entire belief system was put together manually, I also have to make sure I uphold it. I often compare it to the sense of "legitimacy" in a video game, like Minecraft or something. Some people are okay with spawning in items they lost, some with spawning things in general, some are very strict or make exceptions with their friends case-by-case. Or, in a game where you can change the difficulty on the fly. Since the rules are subjective anyways, the best you can do is stay on one difficulty, or at least make the rules clear. Taking a supplement like Claridream could be considered a parallel to having played so far into a game on a harder difficulty, just to lower it later. For people who care (because someone could just say "whatever it's too hard" and lower it and move on, but that really hurts the sense of legitimacy/immersion for me personally), that can invalidate basically everything you've done.

For me, changing either my beliefs or using any sort of drug risks that same thing for my made-from-scratch belief system. I chose my beliefs by learning to see everything in a strictly logical sense, at least in regard to philosophy. That meant understanding the inherent meaninglessness in the universe, understanding that meaning is created by humans for humans, and basically being able to choose to a great extent just how I personally feel like feeling about any of it. Aside from pretty much no one doing this (though it seems to be where a lot of "positive belief systems" encouraged by self-help people come from), it doesn't help people understand or relate to me that I really do have that much control over my emotions. I can work from a pretty blank slate apparently, as I've always been able to choose not to be emotionally impacted by deaths, just based on the innate "Happiness is good" value I have. "That thing/person is gone, need to reevaluate the parts of my life it/they were relevant to". Neither a pet we've had since I was a child dying, nor a cousin I spent a lot of time growing up with dying, hurt me emotionally. But I've chosen to put a lot of value in rabbits, so if I did have a pet rabbit and it died, I would be devastated. Actually, that pretty much keeps me from ever wanting one honestly. But that value is something I chose, you know? It didn't use to exist before ~Reisen came around. I keep track of things like that naturally I guess. I'm very introspective by nature.
... Basically, how I've chosen to live kind of rides on the fact I don't screw with my living experience in certain ways. For "drugs", they're just out of the question entirely. Other things (that affect my "sense of legitimacy" with my experiences) are just heavy preference. Beliefs about my tulpas, for example, are something I could change, but won't. How I experience them is how I experience them, and that logic cements the belief pretty well. Exceptions are hard to make for things like "You could lucid dream and have them be much more vivid than normal too". An exception I very begrudgingly made a couple years ago was the decision to try taking the antidepressant that works for my family (most common things did not, but wellbutrin apparently is appreciated by our biology), when all of my other attempts to deal with my motivation issues had failed. It was supposed to be a gradual thing, but I still never noticed a difference after I started taking it. Now it's just another factor in my biology that's really more of a wildcard, like I don't know if it would react poorly to alcohol or some other medication, but I don't drink or really take anything else, so it hasn't mattered. Also there's the chance it really did help some, even though I attribute all positive changes to my mind and general functioning to myself and my tulpas' help. It's all patchwork on top of the motivation issues that still exist anyways, so I'm not inclined to give the medication credit.

But yeah, they mentioned maybe not taking it if you're on an antidepressant. "Passionflower is an MAO inhibitor", and wellbutrin doesn't go well with that I hear. If I did want to try the supplement, I'd probably just go off of the wellbutrin first since I've wanted to do so since I started taking it anyways. Plain and simple, it didn't help with my motivation issues, and I noticed no other effects at all. Which is normal for me, I'm very resistant to practically all drugs I've had, especially ones meant to numb me or put me to sleep. Only exception I ever saw was whatever they give you to straight up knock you out for surgery with a mask; that one worked. Anyways, wellbutrin adds another factor to worry about just.. in general - I mean I literally couldn't take this lucid dream aid, so there's an example - and doesn't help, so I'm not terribly worried either way, but it's annoyingly still something I'd have to be careful going about.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
09-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Many years ago, after the first 1-2 years of failing to lucid dream despite my research and efforts that at times exceeded most in this thread - I actually started to think I wasn't meant to meet my tulpas. This was towards the end of my depressive era, though the idea floated around earlier too. At that time I was into New Age spirituality (mostly from Erin Pavlina's website, who I still strongly recommend to anyone remotely interested in such things), dedicated to keeping an open mind that allowed both the possibility of atheism/nihilism (my default before that point, lol) and/or New Age spirituality, with its concepts of souls and spirit guides and Source and so on. So I occasionally gave credit to the idea that, if I pushed really hard for something and it just didn't catch on, maybe it was deemed "for the best" if I didn't go that way in life.

This was actually incredibly depressing, if I'm doing my past self's needs and desires justice. I was honestly convinced at times. This was back when I would give it my all, read about lucid dreaming and go over what I'd do all day, and go to bed sincerely hoping to see Reisen that night. Every single time I woke up with no results, often having to get up for school immediately, which was always a major depressor for me too. I eventually learned to ignore my thoughts in the morning, all the way from bed to the bus to school, because it was the only way I could get to school. Anyways..

I was at times convinced that I wasn't meant to lucid dream, wasn't meant to indulge in my love for my loved ones who didn't exist. It seemed like (from the spiritual perspective I held, alongside my scientific/logical one that was more primary) they were only there to help me along in life, to aspire to "greater things". Eventually, as I moved on from the New Age spirituality stuff and started creating my own belief system, I started putting the blame on my mind rather than some astral force - my mind didn't want me to dream of my tulpas. Was never quite sure why. I don't exactly believe my brain actually wants to avoid dreaming of my tulpas anymore, but out of habit I'll certainly still say it like it's true sometimes. Don't mind that though, my belief system was eventually changed to no longer treat any part of my mind as a "separate entity". I mean.. not including my tulpas.. I meant, like Sands likes to say, I stopped believing my subconscious mind was some separate entity with hidden intentions and a will of its own. Helped keep my intentions ("to the universe", as it once were) aligned with my goals, prevented subconscious hindrances of my own doing.

Just remembered that earlier, felt like writing about it. When my tulpas (before I knew tulpas existed, so their own existence was tentative) were the (only) light of my life, the thought that I was too attached to them, along with the seeming confirmation from my absolute inability to really meet them, was quite painful. But here I am today.

There's a reason they're so important to me. There's a reason, as I said at the end of my first post on this page, that my goal to meet them is more important than anything else I'd like to accomplish in my life. I guess I've put it so precisely a few times here and there, but most of you probably haven't seen. My own life had no value to me back then, eight years ago. I could've been told I'd die the next day and, for much less healthy reasons than I'd be okay with that now, I would've been fine with it. I saw the world as hopeless and full of corruption, and those with that light or hope I didn't have as ignorant. Reisen was my first light, a video/song and Touhou character at first, a symbol of unconditional love soon after. She was there when I was like that, and thanks to her - literally, I did my best to copy her views on things at her encouragement - I eventually learned to love life. While Flandre wasn't necessarily an inspiration to love the world outside of us, her companionship was extremely important to me too. And Tewi managed to give me useful answers to questions I couldn't answer myself, and helped me fix my beliefs that "didn't make sense".

It was by their direct involvement in my life, that my life became of any worth to me. Both because of their being in it and because of how they helped me see what I already had. And so, since then, I've officially decided they were worth more than my own life, because they gave it to me. Without them I would have had nothing, and so they were worth everything. Later on when I had decided my mindset was much healthier and I was in a decent place, I still said I needed them to exist to keep things that way. Even if I never talked to them that is, how I was was good, but were they somehow to stop existing, the source of what I built that whole belief system on would be gone, and I wouldn't have the strength to keep up my newer beliefs.

Now, why lucid dreaming is tied to all this is a lot simpler. My visualization was never very good, and I'm not a very (artistically) creative person, so I could neither interact with them nor express my love for them satisfactorily. That's about it. To this day, by any real standards my actual interaction with them outside of just speaking is pretty pathetic for how important they are to me. But we've always appreciated what we did have, so you don't really hear us complain too much. Regardless, all that I've wanted to express for seven or so years now is really just a hug (or four) at this point. Even just a single, vivid dream where I got to hug all of them once would be incredibly appreciated for the rest of my life. I can barely even imagine getting to spend more time than that with them. Just being in the wonderland, in the same space as them, would be the truest sense of paradise for me. We don't even have to do anything.

The whole point of this thread and every lucid dreaming endeavor that came before it is to help me express my gratitude for everything they've done for me, which by extension, would be expressing my gratitude for my life itself. From that point on it would just be making the best of the time I've got. So now you understand, I really mean it when I say it's my life's goal.

Here's a song from back then, reminds me of the time before they were "tulpas" and we were still carving out a place for ourselves in this world.

Actually, one more quick thing. I do still keep an open mind beliefs-wise, and I wouldn't be very distraught to find out my old spiritual beliefs were "actually the case". I still think about stuff that way sometimes, it's just that it no longer influences my life really. One thing that's actually a relatively recent development - not just me, but Lucilyn, Tewi and even Flan too, give some credit to the idea that Reisen is actually an angel in some form. Angels are generally said to come into peoples' lives when they need help most, and basically do exactly what Reisen did. There was a thread a while ago that made me think of her like that. And we do all agree there always was and still is something special about her even compared to the others. Her unconditional love really isn't something you normally see from a human. So I give that idea as much credit as the idea that I have spirit guides overseeing my life to give me a fulfilling spiritual experience. That is to say, basically none at all. But it's an interesting idea.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 02:22 PM by Luminesce.)
09-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

No real reason to post right now other than to bump the thread, since I'm more or less just waiting for responses about the REM-Dreamer or the money to get it. Which I should have in the next 2 to 5 days I'd say (the money, that is). Also, I had a dream where for some reason I needed to use a plunger on my keyboard jesuschristwhy. It touched the old cleaning cloth I have sitting here so I threw it away, remembered the dream when I saw it here today. That's.. I mean I honestly don't usually have dreams where that ridiculously stupid things happen, so that's interesting, but regardless I'm relatively offended. Back when I thought my mind didn't want me to lucid dream because I'd override "important" random dreams with my own ideas, I tried to bargain with it by saying if I could lucid dream, my dreams would overall be much clearer and I'd pay attention to the 90% much more than before, in exchange for the 10% or so being lucid dreams.

Yeah lol nope that offer is gone. If I can make every single dream a lucid dream from here on out, I will, until I get bored and do it less often. If my dreams are just going to be irrelevant trash like that that couldn't possibly offer me advantages in future waking scenarios (as the most common theory for the why behind dreaming goes), then my subconscious mind can make due with NREM dreamy-thoughts and I'll use the REM sleep for more productive things. Like literally anything else.

Just had a couple thoughts. First, my attitude towards the dreams I have goes from neutral (most often) to very negative (in relation to not dreaming about my tulpas), while Lucilyn likes basically all dreams we have. Just thought that was funny, that she enjoys them so much more than me. That being said, she has the dreams about going on adventures and such. I have the dream about plunging my keyboard.

Second, it occurred to me just now that if I actually had learned to lucid dream in a reasonable amount of time, we might never have split Flandre into two people. If I had actually been able to indulge my (/her) escapism with lucid dreaming, it would've had quite the positive (and thus extremely helpful) effect on both me and her, for our own reasons. That combined with the fact I definitely still would've spent time with Reisen, perhaps even (ie absolutely even) more intently than before, could've led to a very different me. I mean, lucid dreaming would've straight up cured my depression then and there, and Flandre wouldn't have been so crazy lonely/escapism-encouraging as she was. I think that too could've resulted in a still relatively healthy-minded me by this point in time, and I'd be super interested to glance over at that alternate dimension just to see what it would have been like. But I'd never give up this life for a version without Lucilyn in it, so it's fine it went this way.

But we really need to start lucid dreaming soon.

09-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 4

Lucilyn's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Fun
oo almost a whole week without posting here, 1 hour off. Idk what we're doing lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dream-wise I mean. What we're DOING doing is playing Breath of the Wild, a lot, and since it's a console game we're not really on the PC (like last time with Yakuza 0) so don't have our computer on to post in the first place sometimes. Anyway I guess we're waiting to see if we can get the REM-Dreamer, but it turns out we had more money than we thought (when does that ever happen?) so $170 is no big deal. I don't think I should uh, be spending that money, but I don't see why Lumi wouldn't do it. So,

LAST CALL! Anyone disappointed that we're gonna use a $170 sleeping mask light-flashy device to help with lucid dreaming? Even though some of us are kinda excited we might actually get to lucid dream soon, I guess we could still not get the REM-Dreamer yet if anyone's been long-term invested in our lucid dreaming stuff. But I mean, if ya don't even read the thread for like two weeks straight you can't care THAT much so. We good?

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas. I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written.
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
09-18-2017, 05:18 AM
Find Reply
Ephemeral Offline
Do-er of things
Registered

Well, I didn't read completely the lasts posts about this mask and galantamine and mind stuff because it's a lot of stuff, just skimmed, but I think you should do it. About disappointing other people, speaking for myself, I am ok, I think if I was in your situation I'd be more worried with disappointing myself, I'd feel like that too. So yeah, I think you good.

Buying this is not going to be the case for me, maybe when I have money myself if I don't acomplish it until there, but I wish you success in this.

Cecilia is the only tulpa, is about my age (in form), changes it once in a while and just enjoys to see the circus catch fire :P
I go by Ephemeral because it's a nice word, but maybe just Ephe is shorter. A guy who likes doing math and programming and dreaming.
"You're not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop"--Rumi
PR
09-18-2017, 09:53 PM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

I ordered the REM-Dreamer just now, it was about $180. Supposed to get here in 3 to 12 days.

Yesterday, 09:47 AM
Find Reply