Hello There, Guest! Register

Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon
Miri Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

RE: Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon

Given how lucid dreams work mostly on expectations, how come it is so easy to fly (I've read lot of people can fly without problem in their first LDs) but not something different like change the landscape or summon something? you're ignoring the way reality works either way.

Akai: 5'6 female with red hair, blue eyes and fox ears/tail.
Miri: 5'5 female with brown hair and green eyes.
10-15-2018, 03:47 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 6
Linked Accounts

RE: Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon

well this is just guessing, but our system is probably extremely qualified to guess about these things!

the reason it's hard to change the environment usually is that sort of thing never happens in real life, so usually you have to like spin around or close your eyes or go somewhere else to subconsciously feel like it's okay for things to change (the first 2 just make you stop seeing the environment for a sec so it can change). but with flying, I think most people associate lucid dreaming with flying, and so they go into it fully 100% expecting to be able to fly, whereas we're.. uncreative, and so we know we can't fly unless we believe we can, and.. it really works against us lol. also, people see flying in things like movies and cartoons all the time, we've heard TONS of people say they flew like Superman did in lucid dreams so that probably helped them a lot.

I can say for sure that when I tried to see one of us around a corner in my dream last night, I was thinking before I even did it that it wouldn't work because it never does because we can't convince ourselves it'll work, and then counter-thought that thinking it won't work is why it doesn't work while I walked over.. all that happened in about 3 seconds lol

aaaaaahh.. I just need to follow our protocol for once and then everything will go great...

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas. I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written.
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
10-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Find Reply