Making Tulpa the old way

rtsvet

Some article from Guardian:

The strange world of felt presences

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/05/the-strange-world-of-felt-presences

So if you want to make Tulpa "the easy" way follow the century old advise:

"Extreme physical conditions, threat to life, and social isolation all seem to trigger the feeling of a presence, which will often feel as if it has a spiritual or guiding purpose."

Go to the mountains, live in a cave don't meet and talk to anyone :-)

The good part - it seems a sort of psychological defence mechanism. So once you activate it you are better off and potentially stronger. :-)

what is this, Frankenstien Tulpa edition?

get it guys, its the book right?

this joke sucks

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion

There's actually a lot of information out there that points to social isolation causing a lot of mental and even physical problems, even in people that choose to be in that sort of setting (i.e. researchers in the Antarctic) and risking the emotional strain of doing so would probably cause a lot more harm than good.

Here's a pretty decent article on solitary confinement in prisons that touches on some other instances where one is socially isolated, and across the board, there's issues, even in people who are above average intelligence.

Even Thoreau talked to people while he was doing his whole Walden thing, generally, humans are social creatures, and putting yourself through what is essentially trauma to make a tulpa doesn't seem like such a good idea.

We're all gonna make it brah.

There's a good chance that'll get some mental problems along with the tulpa if you do it that way.

And that your tulpa will rip you a new one (mentally) for trying to completely substitute social interaction for them.

-Melody

And that your tulpa will rip you a new one (mentally) for trying to completely substitute social interaction for them.

-Melody

Is it really such a bad thing?

現実に抗え!

Is it really such a bad thing?

Well, I think so at any rate, and I've heard at least a few other tulpas take a stance that hosts need social interaction with non-tulpas in addition to with tulpas.

...Interaction with tulpas and non-tulpas: Great! Interaction with nobody but tulpas: Eh... I'm wary, and I say that as a tulpa myself.

I dunno if everyone agrees, but I don't imagine that it would be particularly healthy to deliberately interact with nobody but your tulpa(s).

-Melody

Well, I think so at any rate, and I've heard at least a few other tulpas take a stance that hosts need social interaction with non-tulpas in addition to with tulpas.

Yeah, that's what Yami says. Precisely why i'm asking.

...Interaction with tulpas and non-tulpas: Great! Interaction with nobody but tulpas: Eh... I'm wary, and I say that as a tulpa myself.

I dunno if everyone agrees, but I don't imagine that it would be particularly healthy to deliberately interact with nobody but your tulpa(s).

I guess it varies from person to person. What's so different about interaction with tulpa from human?

現実に抗え!

Yeah, that's what Yami says. Precisely why i'm asking.

I guess it varies from person to person. What's so different about interaction with tulpa from human?

Well, I don't think it's so much about tulpa vs. non-tulpa interaction really, so much as it is about interaction outside of your own head.

Let's say you somehow managed to form a circle of real-life friends and acquaintances that consisted entirely of other peoples' tulpas; you never talked with the tulpamancers, they're always switched when you interact (yes, it's ridiculously implausible, but bear with me).

...I don't really think there'd be anything overly wrong with that. That's interaction outside your own head, and that its with tulpas doesn't really factor into that. It's restraining your interaction entirely within your own head that's worrying.

As for the why: Well, I'm sure there are people who're better suited to explaining that than I am, but I guess in the end all I can really think to say about it is that we all have responsibilities: to our minds, our bodies, the people around us, and tons of other things, and that while some degree of escapism is fine (read a book, play a game, everybody escapes a bit now and again), too much of it will interfere with your responsibilities, cause problems with your life, and who knows what else.

Now imagine this: You're a tulpa (if you aren't, try to think for a minute how you might feel if you were), your tulpamancer is neglecting their responsibilities in favour of you. Their social life is falling apart, their school or work ethic is deteriorating, they're lamenting that their life is getting worse and worse... and then they shut all of that out and turn to you because you're a point of goodness in their life. But you realize that shutting everything else out is making things worse. YOU are making things worse for the person who is probably the most important person in your life; and perhaps that person is somebody you outright love (it seems to be a common sentiment). Think how it feels to come to the conclusion that they might be better off without you.

I push Missy as hard as I can to be social, and to try and do well in life because the thought of that feeling scares me. A lot.

...Well, that's just my thoughts, anyway, and maybe they're not applicable to anyone else. I don't know. I spent a long time before learning the word 'tulpa' being terrified that I was some symptom of a mental disorder and that I was going to destroy the life of the person I love most. I never want to feel that way again, and I want to see Missy do well in all aspects of life, so I push her to be more social, to work hard and be the best she can be. I guess it's selfish, but I'm determined to be a positive influence on her life not just because she's the most important person in the world to me, but also so that I'll never have to feel the pain of being a negative influence.

Guess I rambled a bit there on what should have been a quick and easy question.

-Melody

That's interaction outside your own head, and that its with tulpas doesn't really factor into that. It's restraining your interaction entirely within your own head that's worrying.

Ok, now i get it. Guess it may actually be a bit weird to only interact with other entity inside your own brain.

Now imagine this: You're a tulpa (if you aren't, try to think for a minute how you might feel if you were), your tulpamancer is neglecting their responsibilities in favour of you. Their social life is falling apart, their school or work ethic is deteriorating, they're lamenting that their life is getting worse and worse... and then they shut all of that out and turn to you because you're a point of goodness in their life. But you realize that shutting everything else out is making things worse. YOU are making things worse for the person who is probably the most important person in your life; and perhaps that person is somebody you outright love (it seems to be a common sentiment). Think how it feels to come to the conclusion that they might be better off without you.

Interesting. I never looked at it from that angle. Until now i only thought about it from my, host's, standpoint where discarding some useless stuff from my life and spending time with my tulpa instead were something if not plausible but at least understandable. But now that i imagined Yami doing something like that for me, it does feels pretty terrifying.

Also Yami says (non verbatim): Melody, thank you for opening Nemo's eyes on that issue. You did very well explaining to him why this is so important and why i keep insisting on him treasuring the few relationships with people he still has.

Guess I rambled a bit there on what should have been a quick and easy question.

No-no, by all means. It was quite interesting to hear someone elses opinion on the matter.

現実に抗え!