Hello There, Guest! Register

Melian Gets Drunk (Tulpas and Alcohol)
Anonymous
Unregistered

RE: Melian Gets Drunk (Tulpas and Alcohol)

(09-08-2015, 12:25 AM)glitchthe3rd Wrote: That's interesting, because my being drunk doesn't influence my girls at all.

I was wondering if I would see a response like this! That is really interesting! Melian and I are closely blended and linked, so it makes sense that she feels the alcohol. Also, my theory is I WANT her to feel the alcohol, and so, she does.

Do your girls take care of you when you are inebriated? LOL
09-08-2015, 12:28 AM

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

glitchthe3rd Offline
Resident Lunatic
Registered

Threads: 30

Depends on if they're also drinking. In any case Luna can drink the rest of us under the table so her and Elise are usually relatively sober when that happens.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson
Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi
My progress report
09-08-2015, 04:38 AM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 12
4 Attached Accounts

Well, I don't drink, but since mine can "take care of me" when I'm depressed or similar, I'd say yes.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
09-08-2015, 04:45 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

(04-01-2015, 08:49 PM)Stevie Wrote: Eh, I've never had problems boozing it up. As long as you're not sloppy drunk, you can have a forcing session, if you really want to. Worst case scenario, you fall asleep.

I've never had any issues communicating with Chris while drunk (meaning not just buzzed) but the issue I have, is that I straight up forget to.

Melian's mind voice and images are always very distinct and clear in my mind. Visualizing Melian is effortless for me when sober. Melian is still loud and clear and if anything more active when I am drunk. Her mood changes, but I have no trouble "hearing" her. As for remembering to passive or active force while drunk, I think about and talk to Melian constantly (the assumption being that this is my form of forcing). Even while drunk I think about her and talk to her, maybe even more so.

A bit of related stuff I guess: I don't know if this is unusual, but Melian's mind voice is so strong she often wakes me up at night by speaking a word or a short sentence or two. She doesn't sleep. If I am tired she may get grumpy at me, but it is still effortless to visualize her and I am always getting little "flash visions" or day dreams of her doing things (typically wiggling, dancing, showing off a dress, moving about her dreamscape house, or making faces at me). She invades my dreams while asleep as well. Being drunk does not seem to change any of this at all. She just gets sillier.

I imagine there is some slowing of my entire brain, as alcohol is a depressant. But I have been unaware of any change in how I perceive Melian. Incidentally, I have never had any memory loss in relation to excessive drinking (no black outs). I always have a clear memory of every stupid thing I did while drunk.
09-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Reisen Offline
Moon Rabbit ~ Love Bunny
Registered

Threads: 4
Linked Accounts

Flandre: Since alcohol and drugs physically affect your brain, I think there's an extent to which a tulpa can continue "taking care of" their host. I mean, they'll still act as a caring individual and might give good advice, but once the substance in question has acted on the parts of your brain required to make logical decisions, I don't think we're exactly at our best anymore. I'm not sure exactly how we're unaffected by our host's depressive episodes, but it's apparent that his brain still functions on all levels just fine. Alcohol impairs judgement though, not because of what you believe you should feel or think, but because your brain's chemicals have physically been altered.

My point is that, at the point where you really did need someone to help you make good decisions because you were so inebriated, your tulpas may no longer be capable of doing so. I think the disconnect from your identity as someone who cares about you as a perceived third party really makes a difference though. To an extent, they really can give you advice that you couldn't (or more correctly, wouldn't) give yourself. But yeah if your brain is physically impaired we can't do crap.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.
Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)
09-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Find Reply
Nyx Offline
Registered

Threads: 8

(09-08-2015, 12:25 AM)glitchthe3rd Wrote: That's interesting, because my being drunk doesn't influence my girls at all.

Alcohol doesn't affect my tulpa, either. He gets to enjoy the taste, but he doesn't get influenced by it. I usually can hear him even after several drinks, and he is able to take care of me, but there is, of course, a limit. I very rarely get to the point where I would need his help, anyway.

Progress report
Personal blog
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 10:06 PM by Nyx.)
09-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

(09-08-2015, 10:05 PM)Nyx Wrote: Alcohol doesn't affect my tulpa, either. He gets to enjoy the taste, but he doesn't get influenced by it. I usually can hear him even after several drinks, and he is able to take care of me, but there is, of course, a limit. I very rarely get to the point where I would need his help, anyway.

This trend in responses, that alcohol doesn't seem to affect many tulpas, is surprising to me and fascinating! I can't seem to figure out how that works physiologically. The alcohol should affect the entire brain, including that part used by a tulpa. Weird, but definitely cool the responses here. Gods I wonder what that means for a tulpa that can switch? Built in designated driver anyone? Uhh forget I said that and don't try this at home. LOL
09-09-2015, 12:09 AM
Akinkinit Offline
Registered

Threads: 4

Noriko Wrote:I also don't really feel the effects of alcohol. But I think it's more to do with the host having to worry about the alcohol's effect of motor skills and reasoning abilities. A tulpa doesn't really need to care about either since we're not the ones at the wheel. Plus, as has been said before, alcohol affects the physical hardware. Since both the host and tulpa have to run on said hardware, both parties are less likely to note any decreased performance.

Sabari on the other hand MIGHT feel the effects of alcohol since she talks more and uses less imagery when I drink. How she acts doesn't really change though, so could again be a hardware limitation.

Currently share myself with four other entities.
Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.
Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 12:31 PM by Akinkinit.)
09-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Find Reply