Mentors In Training?
Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 12
Linked Accounts

RE: Mentors In Training?

Bear system PMs are open. (Some might say too open) ರ_ರ

[The Bear System] - [Bear Chat] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw] - [Art]
02-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Registered

Threads: 20
1 Attached Account

I am really surprised to hear of 'not so nice' mentors... Cat got ghosted? Even if there are no present mentors, I would imagine any forum mod would be open to messages and would help steer people reasonably well. I'm also surprised there isn't a list of 'safe' people to approach with questions. Usually you can tell just by the way people write how personable they will be. Jean-Luc, Vos, Apollo, Pleeb... They may be busy, but I have always found them helpful. AB, Ranger, Reilyn come to mind... There are good people here, I think one only need to ask "may I ask' and allow someone permission to decline or recommend a thread or another person to ask.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 05:02 PM by solarchariot.)
02-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Find Reply
Apollo Offline
Sun God
Global Moderators

Threads: 22
3 Attached Accounts

The "bad experience" Reilyn is talking about is when a user asked me to read their PR, however I was in the midst of taking finals, graduating, and then moving to another state for the summer. It was a huge change for me, I needed time to adjust. If they had sent me a reminder when I was settled, there wouldn't have been a problem. I was just too busy and forgot. I am less busy now, however, so I'd be happy to take someone else on.

I'm Apollo Fire, the "Sun God" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa created December 2016. My systemmates are Piano, Luxio, & Indigo. Form images: 1 2
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 06:53 PM by Apollo.)
02-12-2019, 05:12 PM
Website Find Reply
Dreamer13 Offline
Dreamer-chan
Registered

Threads: 6

Do we still do this? Would love a mentor

Dreamer&Limme

An Aspie System
02-12-2019, 06:01 PM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 12
Linked Accounts

It's not a formal thing right now.

[The Bear System] - [Bear Chat] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw] - [Art]
02-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Find Reply
solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Registered

Threads: 20
1 Attached Account

(02-12-2019, 06:01 PM)Dreamer13 Wrote: Do we still do this? Would love a mentor

If you have a question or concern that you don't want to make public, approach someone you trust and ask if they're open, contact a forum mod. Most of them of them are pretty smart folks. And then there's me... I only play smart on tv.
02-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Find Reply
Apollo Offline
Sun God
Global Moderators

Threads: 22
3 Attached Accounts

I have an idea. How about a less formal "PMs open" thread, where people can provide a description of what sort of things they can help with and be put on a list, and then can get taken off whenever they want

I'm Apollo Fire, the "Sun God" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa created December 2016. My systemmates are Piano, Luxio, & Indigo. Form images: 1 2
02-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Website Find Reply
Dreamer13 Offline
Dreamer-chan
Registered

Threads: 6

I like it! Where will it be?

Dreamer&Limme

An Aspie System
02-13-2019, 09:13 AM
Find Reply