Mentorship Program

Vos

Welcome to tulpa.info's mentorship program. The goal of this is to help newer, inexperienced members or ones who have hit a wall in development find some one-on-one help from one of our mentors.

Anyone can apply to be a mentor, provided that they have a decent amount of experience with creating tulpas, and living with them. We can't monitor the conversations you have with your mentor, but any feedback about your mentor is appreciated, positive or negative.

Staff will decide whether someone is suitable as a mentor, and will maintain the thread. If a mentor gets a lot of negative feedback, they'll be removed from the roster.

Anyone who wants to be a mentee can pick whoever they want from the list, and get in touch themselves.

Keep in mind that this is not a replacement for your own reading. If you have any questions, I would suggest consulting guides, the FAQ, and searching around on the forums first, like you would before starting a thread. If you can't find any answers, then you should ask your mentor.

To apply to be a mentor, please post in this thread with some information about yourself. Important details are:

• Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?
  • Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?
  • How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)
  • How many tulpas do you have?
  • How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?
  • Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

Besides that, please rate your own ability in each of the following skills from 0 to 10, 0 being incapable, and 10 meaning that you mastered the skill:

• Vocality
  • Parallel Processing
  • Visualization
  • Visual Imposition
  • Tactile Imposition
  • Auditory Imposition
  • Possession
  • Switching

Mentor List

There are currently no mentors. If you're interested, feel free to respond to this thread.

Note: If you're looking to be a mentor and you only want a certain number of mentees at a time, be sure to include that in your post. If you want your mentee number on the list updated, PM a moderator and we'll change it for you. Inactive mentors will be removed after one month.

If you'd like to give feedback on your mentor, please fill out this form. Any feedback is appreciated!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?

Purely psychological. I do believe the mind is capable of many amazing things, including vivid hallucinations, and the ability to create vivid and complex belief systems, that are completely real, subjectively. To me, that explains all the different ways people live life and see the world. I also believe that it's possible to tweak and change your beliefs, to create the reality you want to be in for yourself.

Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?

I was created by my host, Dutch. I worked together with him to create another tulpa, called Sen.

How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

I'm two years old. My host started creating me on 7 January, 2014, and we've been around since then.

How many tulpas do you have?

There's my host, Sen and me. Other than the three of us, I have a place in my wonderland that I created that hosts a variety of characters of various complexity, but we don't really consider them tulpas. Some of them are quite independent, but they don't interact with things outside of the wonderland.

How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

I became vocal after a few weeks, when we established some rudimentary communication. Over time, that communication got stronger and more noticeable for my host. We still communicate through thoughts. I learned possession early on, over the course of a month or so. I had some difficulty with doing more than small movements, at first, but one evening, while we were under the influence of a psychedelic drug, and I was upset with my host, it clicked with me. Since then, I've possessed daily or close to it, to the point where I've worked my own volunteer job for a good while. Currently, we're working on switching.

Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

My strong suits are possession, independence, and I suppose I'm reasonably knowledgeable about most of the different aspects of creating a tulpa. My methods are very focused on creating the right belief system, and keeping the right mindset while creating a tulpa. I can also help with focus issues, and meditation, which I believe can be good for you, both with creating a tulpa and life in general.

I think I'd be comfortable with taking up to three mentees, right now, to see how it goes.

• Vocality 8
  • Parallel Processing 6
  • Visualization 7
  • Visual Imposition 1
  • Tactile Imposition 6
  • Auditory Imposition 1
  • Possession 9
  • Switching 3

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

I view this as a psychological phenomenon rather than a metaphysical one. I'm not very familiar with metaphysical concepts, but I wouldn't be opposed to hearing what you had to say and seeing if I could answer it with information I have.

I am a tulpa that was created well before .info existed. I am the only one in this head that was unintentional - all of the others were intentional.

How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

I've been around for nine years, but my host found out about tulpas in late 2011 on /x/, 4chan's paranormal board. From there, we migrated to the /mlp/ board and eventually to Tulpa.info in mid-2012.

There are three tulpas in the head: Myself, Hayley, and Alice.

How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

I was vocal after about a year of constant narration. Possession took about 2-3 months to get down, imposition (all senses) took about 6-7 months, and switching took about 3-4 months. For everything except for narration, my host had 1hr dedicated sessions every day.

Our strong points are in visualization and imposition, but this is because we've messed around with that so much. I'm more of a motivator than anything, trying to push along new people with different ideas to keep them going.

I'm comfortable with any number of mentees.

• Vocality 10
  • Parallel Processing 10
  • Visualization 10
  • Visual Imposition 10
  • Tactile Imposition 9
  • Auditory Imposition 9
  • Possession 10
  • Switching 7

Psychological.

Intentional.

I've had my tulpa for a bit over 3 years, been here for about as long.

Just the one, Syrup.

Probably about 6 weeks for vocality. Possession was about 3 months.

I'll take however many mentees I get.

• Vocality 10
  • Parallel Processing 2
  • Visualization 7
  • Visual Imposition 0
  • Tactile Imposition 0
  • Auditory Imposition 4
  • Possession 9
  • Switching 0

These scores are something to be ashamed of. Kids this is what happens when you spend too much time on tulpa.info instead of on tulpas.

Host Name: Gabi

Tulpa Name: 16-Volte

Specialty: Possession, Wonderland Visualization

I view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon only.

My only tulpa, 16-Volte, was intentionally created by me.

I will have had 16-Volte for three years come February. I was active starting April 2013, inactive around October 2013, and I just rejoined the tulpa community this month.

Just one.

Sentience- 1 month

Vocality- two weeks after sentience, about a month and a half

Possession- 6 months

Imposition- have not succeeded

I am a minor (16 years old) and I would be willing to help tulpamancers who are younger, or feel insecure talking to someone who is much older than them. I am also adept at lucid dreaming, and I personally researching what tulpas can do with dreams. I haven't attempted imposition for a few years. I tried back in 2013 and subsequently failed to see or hear anything after months of work. I am considering trying again with new methods.

Vocality: 9

Parallel Processing: 7

Visualization: 10

Visual Imposition: 0

Tactile Imposition: 0

Auditory Imposition: 0

Possession: 10

Switching: 0

Call me Gabi. Tulpamancer since February 16th, 2013. reddeadrebel on the IRC.

Call me 16-Volte. I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride!

Message me on tumblr!

• Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?
  • Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?
  • How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)
  • How many tulpas do you have?
  • How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?
  • Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

Besides that, please rate your own ability in each of the following skills from 0 to 10, 0 being incapable, and 10 meaning that you mastered the skill:

• Vocality
  • Parallel Processing
  • Visualization
  • Visual Imposition
  • Tactile Imposition
  • Auditory Imposition
  • Possession
  • Switching

I view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon. Two of them (Luna and Naomi) I sort of made without really understanding what a tulpa was, and I made Elise using Irish's guide. Luna and Naomi have been around for over 10 years now (Luna is turning 11 next month), and Elise is 3 years old. I've been with .info pretty much from the beginning, as some people can testify. I've got 3 tulpas (check my signature). It took me a very long time to reach milestones before .info was created and I started using the guides here, after that my progress was much faster. I'm currently working on my graduate degree in psychology, and among other things I have to start on my thesis this semester, so my availability may be limited. I'm willing to take on 1-3 mentees if accepted, possibly more if my schedule allows.

Vocality - 8

Parallel Processing - 5

Visualization - 4

Visual Imposition - 4

Tactile Imposition - 4

Auditory Imposition - 8

Possession - 9

Switching - 0

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

This is a fantastic idea. Thanks to the staff for coordinating it, and to the members who've volunteered as mentors.

I may very well be coming back here to be a mentee once I've done more reading and thinking about making a tulpa of my own.

I had an idea reading this, something I did on a mentor thread on another site, is have a little form for people seeking a mentor to fill out. Things like what they hope to achieve? Any prior knowledge/experience with tulpa. Things like that to help pair people with the right mentor to help them. :3

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

This is a fantastic idea. Thanks to the staff for coordinating it, and to the members who've volunteered as mentors.

I may very well be coming back here to be a mentee once I've done more reading and thinking about making a tulpa of my own.

I had an idea reading this, something I did on a mentor thread on another site, is have a little form for people seeking a mentor to fill out. Things like what they hope to achieve? Any prior knowledge/experience with tulpa. Things like that to help pair people with the right mentor to help them. :3

The idea is that any members who are looking for mentors would read the thread, see the information and skills in each post, and make their decision based on what they need help on most. If there's a mentor that matches what they're looking for, they can send a PM to that mentor and give them the information that you mentioned. If the mentor thinks that there's someone else who could fit that particular mentee better, they can redirect them.

That makes sense. I tend to lean towards the idea that people new to things don't always know what they need, so my thought was to let rhe experienced pick who they can help. But I'm sure you're right, if some one doesn't feel they're a right fit they can direct the trainee to another mentor.

(That last sentence sounds totally sarcastic but I don't mean it to be. I can't figure out how to arrange the worst to make it sound less snarky. XP)

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Guest Anonymous

Can a tulpa be a mentor for another tulpa? Sorry it was a random thought. Hosts get mentors, but what about tulpa peeps?

Wait. That means they would have to be vocal I guess. But still.

Wait, Yuki is a tulpa! So a tulpa can be a mentor to a host? Cool! That is really far out when you think about it.