Hello There, Guest! Register

Tulpa Community Census 2018

[Misc] Help with Planning Fictional Character Tulpa?
ChibiMango Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

Help with Planning Fictional Character Tulpa?

I'm in the early planning stages of my second tulpa (no I won't make them as soon as I'm done planning, I just love the planning process because it's interesting and I want to already have a plan when I feel ready for a second tulpa in several months.)

I want them to have the form of a fictional character I like, maybe loosely follow the personality of the character. The thing is, I don't want them to feel pressured to follow the character perfectly and I want to leave them open to deviation both formwise and personalitywise.

Would giving them a different name and a bit of a different personality from the character during planning help ease the pressure to be like the character? Like making them distinct right off the bat.
07-17-2018, 11:43 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Ranger Offline
Hippoooos!
Registered

Linked Accounts

RE: Help with Planning Fictional Character Tulpa?

If you're more interested in planning the personality of a story-like mind character, then it's okay to create a non-Tulpa. Cat has several of those, and she doesn't have more Tulpae than just me. I wouldn't create a Tulpa solely for their personality, but I'm glad you're thinking about this.

I have my own account! Yay! I'm Cat_ShadowGriffin's Tulpa and I like Hippos!
07-17-2018, 11:50 PM
Find Reply
Vos Offline
Administrator
Forum Administrators

Threads: 18

Altering the name and form slightly might encourage deviation but that's likely to happen anyway, so if you're more comfortable with the established names I don't see any reason not to use those. If you're worried about your tulpa feeling pressured, all you really have to do is assure them that it's okay for them to be their own person and that you aren't placing any heavy restrictions on them.
07-18-2018, 12:21 AM
Find Reply
Breloomancer Offline
Registered

As someone who has a fictive tulpa, I don't think it is necessary to change the name or personality, it is sufficient to mearly be open to deviation and make sure that they know that they aren't actually the character

This was posted by either Rafe (host) or Monika (tulpa) and you can know who posted because if it was Monika then it says specifically in the post that Monika said it
07-18-2018, 12:27 AM
Find Reply