NoneFromHell's Three task tulpa revitalization exercise

NoneFromHell

Question

Introduction - The Metatask

The general idea behind this exercise is to help hosts who struggle to perceive their developed tulpa, may that be because of a stressful time or simply because they temporary lose their sense for it. However it can be used as a simple forcing exercise as well, but I would recommend to have at least a partly developed tulpa before trying it.

This exercise consists of three smaller and very different tasks, which are all meant to be done at the same time during the duration of the exercise. I recommend to practice each of this tasks alone until you have a general idea about how they work before trying to do them all at once. You should be able to do them semi-passive without them interfering each other, but it isn't necessary to master them beforehand.

If you struggle with handling this three tasks at once you have the option to start them up in phases. In this case you will start with the first task, and always add the next one as soon as you're really comfortable with keeping up the current maintained tasks.

First Task: Creating an imprint

This basic task aims at imagining every aspect of your tulpa without allowing any kind of feedback, like you would do during a regular day 1 forcing session. Visualize your tulpa and force every aspect of their personality you're aware of onto this image. Do this like you really want to burn this information inside your brain without questioning it. Like a programmed order you want to imprint on a soldiers mind.

The purpose of this task is to strengthen the existing image of your tulpa as a foundation.

Second Task: Sensing the essence

This task is pretty much the opposite deal, and it can be tricky to keep both up at the same time. During this task you should try to calm yourself down to feel everything about your tulpa. Try to remember yourself about everything you're aware of about your tulpa. The visual appearance, the voice, every little trait or quirk, and even their way of thinking. Whenever you think about one of these aspects try to remember every detail of it, and how every of these details feels to you.

Try to receive these feelings coming from your tulpa, until you reach a complex impression of how your tulpa feels, as complex as it is possible for you. You shouldn't force any ideas on your tulpa in this task.

Third Task: Stepping back

This task serves as the next level for perceiving your tulpa, building up on the second task. The first step of this task is to let yourself fade away. For this you simply need to calm yourself down, let all of your thoughts flow away without actively provoking any new thoughts. I recommend to use a calm environment for this. Personally I like to listen to quiet music during this task, but you should try out what really works best for you.

The next step of this task is to move your passive focus to your tulpa and away from your own mind. Back to its feelings and thoughts that you sense in the second task. You shouldn't try to think about this step, just stay aware that you want to do this and it will work out sooner or later. (At least if you can handle the second task). If your tulpa now tries to say something you should perceive it as clear and centered feedback inside your own mind. But again: Don't try to actively focus on any responses nor provoke them.

Conclusion of the exercise

The summarized target of the exercise is to experience a well powered up and centered version of your tulpa. Responses should be clear, any kind of possession and/or imposition should work very clear and direct while you keep it up. (You can expand the exercise further for certain abilities if you wish too.)

Your tulpa should have an easier time interacting with you, even after you finished the exercise. If you feel that your tulpa starts to struggle again later on you can use the single tasks as a passive way to overcome it again, in any way it feels beneficial for you.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Not sure if that part mentioning switching is really necessary as this doesn't really mention it otherwise but eh, not too big of a deal in my eyes I guess. Just kind of out of place.

I'm also wondering what you wrote in the conclusion about how we will be experiencing this and that. Now this could be you trying to force such positive ideas into our faces so that we expect them to happen, but what if we don't feel this? Is that us doing the exercise wrong or will it just not work for us? Maybe you want to reword that a bit?

Otherwise I'm pretty happy about approving this. I would put it in Guides.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I said this before, but I'll write it here to make it official-- This worked out really well for me, and it could also work very well for other people eho have problems with feeling their tulpas' essence(s), I guess. Thank you for writing this!

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Essentially what Sands mentioned regarding this:

but what if we don't feel this?

Would there be any kind of reassurance for the reader, if this (great) tip turns out to not turn out as well as it is meant to be? I believe this is a very good tip, I personally regard it as a form that meditation that directly contributes to tulpamancy, instead of your average meditation techniques that would usually focus on calming the mind, bringing focus and whatnot.

But, yes, as Sands said. Did this work 100% for you, every single time?

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Not sure if that part mentioning switching is really necessary as this doesn't really mention it otherwise but eh, not too big of a deal in my eyes I guess. Just kind of out of place.

Personally I would like to stay with it. I feel it is worth mentioning that you can utilize this task for switching purposes aswell. I got rid of it for now.

I'm also wondering what you wrote in the conclusion about how we will be experiencing this and that. Now this could be you trying to force such positive ideas into our faces so that we expect them to happen, but what if we don't feel this? Is that us doing the exercise wrong or will it just not work for us? Maybe you want to reword that a bit?

I reworded this part a bit so it appears less like a guaranteed promise. I think it should work out now.

But, yes, as Sands said. Did this work 100% for you, every single time?

For me it truly works like a charm :D But of course you're right. I shouldn't expect that this works out for everyone in the same way, and not every time.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Those first two tasks are surprisingly similar to what I do. First I conjure a steady image of one of my tulpas, sometimes literally a source image I'm familiar with, and sort of translate it into 3D. Second task is just basically getting them active, thinking about them in general, essentially "feeling" them but not yet hearing. And afterward I attach the image to my tulpa, meaning prior it was just a still image of them and after it was what we consider "them". Third task for us is establishing communication though, strengthening it until I can hear their mindvoice clearly.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This seems like it would be a good thing to link people to when they're starting to jump back into creation after a time gap. I don't see anything that's particularly wrong with this. The wording thing was the only bit I was going to ask about, but it looks fine to me now.

Overall, it seems like a good step-by-step guide for people trying to bring back dormant tulpas or people that fell of the wagon. Aside from that, I do not know if it really has any especial use since it seems to be more of like a refresher course or review rather than anything to actually press people forward.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

After the edit performed by NoneFromHell, I have re-read the submission. The layout seems quite well organized, easy on the eye, and overall clean, which is something all submissions should at least manage to pull. But good job on that, as I said.

I am fond of the way you present the, as I would like to put it, reconstruction procedure, starting from the form, the traits, personality and possible 'quirks'. Remembering the specifics that make your tulpa special to you (example, things that can come off as annoying from your tulpa, small characteristics that truly make them one of their own kind), and remembering the instances in which your tulpa made you feel positive emotions can also have a good effect... You did a good job at mentioning all of these.

I also kept old trait lists for revitalization, which could also help. At least, that would be my only advice for an addition to your (already well established) exercise.

Approved.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Ahoy NoneFromHell,

Re-reading this guide, I've realized that this is essentially re-treading over the bare fundamentals of the exercise, only with the head person already being active. Kind of like going back to the basics of drawing when one feels they are deficient in some area. This may have been the idea behind the guide anyway, but the three tasks are pretty much what you would do when beginning creation, especially the first one.

I know in the case of one of mine, they had an issue with the first, as they were afraid of it being used to "re-program" them, as it were. Though for an old enough thought form, it may be more a task for remembering the sort of traits they have, and the sort of ideas that pop up when you see that form. I can also agree with the person who says it can be used as a way of recovering a figure that's been lost to you, at least it seems to be a sensible idea. Unfortunately, when I try to test it out on folks whom I have not spoken to for a long time, their presence appears near immediately when I try to start imprinting traits. They then either ask what I'm doing, express shock, or in one case, say they're sleepy so I could let them rest.

But the other two exercises seem to be solid fundamental tasks to me, and I have no complaint with them. As such, I'll approve it.

Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Like I said, the only issue that I had with this guide was caught by others before I got to the thread, so I have nothing to add here. Approved for Guides.