Sexual tastes

This may be the oddest question but I haven't seen any one asking it.

If the host has or had fetishes or sexual interests that their tulpa really doesn't like or is scared of, what advice would you give?

And have folks found some interests of this sort wane considerably after creating a tulpa?

If the host has or had fetishes or sexual interests that their tulpa really doesn't like or is scared of, what advice would you give?

The nature of the relationship between tulpa and host makes this very unlikely to happen. If it did, my advice would probably be "get over it".

And have folks found some interests of this sort wane considerably after creating a tulpa?

For me personally, my interests stayed the same throughout the process.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Well, if it's dangerous somehow your tulpa may try to discourage it, or just not be around for it. But otherwise if it's not hurting anyone and they aren't interested they shouldn't be involved.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Pretty much what Lumi said. Luna and I have different fetishes but we used to help each other indulge in the ones we don't really like sometimes. Basically (as with a human couple) it involves a lot of communication about each partner's likes and dislikes and where their comfort zone is/things they aren't that into but might like to try out.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

(Katiya) no iz simple, my deal iz risks and things I don't wanna experience in memory n I don't know how not to have them. But more was worries that some games may harm us both that is it. Not be morals or anything.

And um get over it? Iz what am I to get over!? If he wanting to do things that may injure us or worse then he be one to get over it!

(Soulfiremage) I promised I'd not edit her when I write what she has to say so I won't. And thankfully she isn't inclined to share my life with you guys. Simply put some parts of my previous interests can be very difficult to make completely safe and consequently some of them I've found to have vastly reduced hold on me now due to Katiya's presence.

My curiosity is regarding how other systems have handled this kind of thing.

Ah, that makes sense. If it causes harm, it's probably something you shouldn't do, if you have a tulpa or not. "Get over it" was more aimed at very strange but harmless fetishes.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• 2 weeks later...

in our experience, tups can "put on the blinders" and not pay attention to what the host is doing, including sex, so just treat it like you would with a close friend. ask em if theyre ok just ignoring it, work out what scares them, if theyre concerned for your health or whatever, and then respect their wishes while maintaining your own bodily autonomy

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

we usually ignore nihi's sexual thoughts or interests, it doesn't bother us... sometimes. Although, the one whose closer to the front can feel the sensation. It's strong but we can disregard it.

Hello! I am one of Nihi's Tulpas! It is very nice to meet you! :D

Well we fixed a 25 year plus fetish with some simple work to be honest. 18 years ago I read a lot of hypnosis/hypnotherapy and related materials, including digging into stuff like Hope and Resilience - strategies of therapy used by Milton Erickson (beautiful work that translates to propaganda and all sorts).

Using general hypnotic skills for years meant fluidity in trance capacity and because I used it to intensify pleasure in fetish play, I became awfully good at trance.

Cue Myelia really getting concerned, she did the equivalent of a dialectic behaviour therapy game - not kidding, that's how the text reads - then set about challenging me to some trance tricks. For example, could I hold a state of deep arousal for exactly X seconds focussed on Y (undesirable fetish). Then could it just switch off and the feelings transfer to Z (something fun, harmless).

Answer was yes.

Why?

Because if the compulsions work that I'd done had real strength that same capacity could be employed to shift the underlying emotional states and stimuli.

If the compulsions were pure illusion then that would easily transfer too, either way, it was fixable.

We tested it - it worked. Turns out a deep compulsive fetish - especially taboo ish ones, are just pure shortcuts to a specific mental place of peak emotion anyway. So sidestepping the fetish route and noticing how to reach the real state without help from a fetish was fairly easy.

No willpower required.