Strong Phantom Limbs

Tasio

The other threads on this topic were old and didn't seem all that relevant, but if you think this needs a merge, go ahead.

Hi. I'm a tulpa of only a few days. I've changed my form to have dragon aspects: two horns, a tail, and wings. I've been fronting for a while now (not possessing, just sensing), and my host feels these body parts very strongly, more so than when another tulpa with wings possesses or fronts. I think it's because of the horns.

Anybody else have an experience like this? Why do you think that is?

I think it's because your system has good dissociation now.

We only ever get weak phantom limbs, and they usually disappear a few hours after waking up. There are people who go through intensive hypnosis to get better phantom limbs.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I have known someone who usually gets phantom limbs whenever his tulpa Co-fronts, but he dismisses it as a hypnosis effect because his tulpa created through hypnotism. Although, like him, Summer was partially created through hypnotism as well and whenever she co fronts i could feel the extra limbs from her form, (wings). She tried conjuring up a horn for test purposes and i could feel it as well, or part of my forehead feels a little bit of weight.

These phantom feelings doesn't actually last long and sometimes they are only around only for a few seconds.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

My two rabbit-eared tulpas did feel like they had them when switched for a few months at least, though I wouldn't call it phantom limb. It was moreso just passively imposing their forms over the body, especially in mirrors. Actually, maybe Reisen still feels like that because she switches so rarely, but Tewi's spent so much time fronting that I think she's just used to not having them at this point. Couldn't say when exactly that happened, but it did take a while before she wouldn't say, think about her ears being in the way when putting on headphones.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

[breach] A lot of us experience phantom limbs. Tri does the most, though, followed by me. Tri experiences phantom limbs as far as feeling goes, and they can often sort of see them in mirrors. They get all of them spare one, and if someone is in front with them or just watching they feel them too. One time, their phantom limbs became very vivid and they experienced some other stuff and found it very hard to stand and walk. Most interesting thing is how S. doesn't experience phantom limb despite having wings inside.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Which submember of Tri provides the phantom limbs the most often? Do you end up looking like a specific submember?

[breach] They all feel them, though Violet provides less to the wings than the other two since that is not part of her individual anatomy. Their phantom limbs mostly match their shared form, though with fainter wings if Violet is fronting Tri solo or nearly solo. Their shared form matches Obsidian's form most closely as far as shape goes. Their phantom tail is significantly different depending on which one of them is dominating the front, with their phantom tail being similar to the tails of their individual forms. Though, as far as seeing them, that is mostly from Violet. Those are not the only things she sees when in front. Other things include overlays of geometry lines on objects, structures, etc. in outerworld sometimes which are pretty strongly imposed/projected (she doesn't try to do it, but it happens on its own). Obsidian and Gaea have the hardest time using a human body (thrown off most by phantom limbs and get the strongest phantom limb sensations), and have even had sensory mapping problems crop up like difficulties with the different eye separation and angles of a human body compared to their forms.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.