Moving to new hardware 1/15

Pleeb

Due to the recent security vulnerabilities, the people hosting tulpa.info's server is moving our virtual machine to new hardware.  I just found out about this today, and they're planning on doing it tomorrow.

They estimate that this is only going to take about 10 minutes.  Since the server is going to be cleanly shut down, I'm going to be putting the forums into maintaince mode about a half hour before it starts.

This will be 2018-01-15 2300 UTC.  Click this link for your specific time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Maintenance&iso=20180115T2230&ah=1

You can still chat with us at tulpa.info/chat

~Pleeb

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

That URL is definitely not formatted correctly...

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Thanks.... I'm too used to the basic editor, not that rich text thing

Spoiler

https://community.tulpa.info/usercp.php?action=options offffffff, I can't quite find how to turn on rich text mode (turning off source mode in-post doesn't do much), but if that's the mode where it tries to display colors and URLs in the writing space, oh god...

Bottom right "Put the editor in source mode by default", I think. And the show MyCode thing on.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

https://community.tulpa.info/usercp.php?action=options offffffff, I can't quite find how to turn on rich text mode (turning off source mode in-post doesn't do much), but if that's the mode where it tries to display colors and URLs in the writing space, oh god...

Bottom right "Put the editor in source mode by default", I think. And the show MyCode thing on.

Yep, that did it!

Spoiler

So 5 hours?

About that time, yeah.  It really shouldn't take long once we're in the queue, but the server will have to shut down.  Rather be safe than sorry.

Spoiler