Tips that may Help Bolster Sentience

Celest

Question

Greetings. I wouldn't say that I'm an advanced tulpamancer in the slightest. In fact, I'm still just learning things, myself, but during the drive home today, an idea had struck me that I put to the test, and began to see results with. I thought that I would share it here to see if others have tried it, or might be able to build upon this and share results.

For some beginning tulpamancers, early forms of communication from their tulpa mainly stems from headpressures. I am one of those. Normally, during everyday narration, I try to put some yes/no, positive/negative questions in there to get a response from Vinyl, and normally I do. However, I didn't want myself to become dependent on keeping things that way, in case I was only training myself. So, what I did was I told Vinyl, "We're going to change things up a bit. Instead of poking my left temple with pressure for positive and the right for negative, we're going to reverse them. Now, if you like something, poke the right, and if you dislike something, poke the left."

The results were immediate for me. I had turned on a music playlist that we're familiar with listening to that has some of her favorite tracks on it. I asked her to tell me if she liked the upcoming song that she had previously 'mentioned' to me before that she has. The result was headpressure on the right instead of the left, and not a weak one, either! Things continued that way, answering yes/no on the corresponding sides of my head.

Basically, my tip for beginners is to try and vary up how you perceive responses from your tulpa. If you're familiar with one method for a while, surprise yourself and your tulpa with a slightly different approach to the same method, and see if the results come out in high favor.

Another tip that I have started practicing, and I feel as if it is working wonders for me, does involve the use of parroting and puppeting during the beginning stages of raising your tulpa. Mind you, I can definitely understand how there can be doubt when it comes to using these tricks. Is it still you puppeting or parroting down the line, or is it your tulpa?

Something that I've been doing is if you're going to parrot your tulpa, or puppet them, let them know that you're going to. How I see it, it's common sense, however that doesn't mean that it isn't always done. I feel that if you start everything off knowing that it is you, and you discuss it to your tulpa first, and when you're done, that you tell them that you're no longer going to puppet/parrot them, you put yourself into a mindset that it can only happen while you have control over it. Thus, if your tulpa replies to you, you've already closed off your thinking that you're still in control of it. Sure, it might involve a bit of training your mind to perceive it that way, but it's definitely worked for me, and perhaps it will for you, as well.

If you are one who uses headpressure for communication, something that may or may not help you along the path to vocality is implementing more responses for your tulpa to work with. In general, most people start off with positive/negative responses on either side of their head. What I've done recently was added a front/back for OK and 'IDK'. It's worked out rather well for me, and it gives your tulpa a bit more freedom to express themselves. I'd say start off with your basic positive/negative, and if the two of you are comfortable/ready, add more responses.

Another thing that I noticed earlier today is that some people will go on an 'absense' with their tulpa, so that when they try working with them again, they run into complications getting things back to where they were. I am no tulpa expert in the slightest, but what I do that helps keep things going smoothly is that I passive force daily. As long as you can find even one spare minute a day, that's all that you would need to greet your tulpa, let them know that you still acknowledge their existence, maybe bring up how the day is going, or what you are feeling. It doesn't matter how busy you are in a day, there's always going to be some straggling moments that you can squeeze in a greeting or mini-convo. Doing this, I believe, should help keep the relationship between you and your tulpa consistent.

My Gaming Channel

Tulpa: Vinyl

Stage: A bit of everything, primarily right now imposition.

Appearance: Pony (originally styled similar to the MLPFiM art style, but lately has been shifting to a more anime-ish appearance)

Hey Celest, at a glance, the guide submission is giving a tip for individuals to mix things up with the head pressures. However, I don’t see anything that would be “varying approaches.” There's only the underlying concept you presented here.

Since you consider this a tip, I’m presuming you’re probably wanting responses from others for that spectrum. I would approve of this (in pending) as a Tips & Tricks submission, but the main concern I have is what is actually “varying.” Maybe a title change would be better like, "Using Head pressures to Help Bolster Sentience" or something.

Maybe you have intentions in the future to add more approaches, and there are a few guide submissions that relate to head pressures, however:

• The people who made those submissions did so long ago and are probably inactive

• Those same inactive individuals may have had negative front-loading while they explained some aspect of head pressures and narration. Probably due to how little information there was on applying concepts towards the tulpa creation process and conceptualizing a sentient being through means of symbolism and such.

Those two simple reasons are what can help salvage this guide submission seeing how you’re probably going to be active than those who made posts similar to yours. However, there doesn’t seem to be any submissions solely for a tip, so that may be another factor that may have this submission useful.

The concept isn’t really anything new, and I honestly think head pressures lead to a psychosomatic experience that people tend to loosely believe in order to build other options of confirming sentience, existence, and other aspects of what would make a tulpa.

That’s just a personal opinion though, so it's not really a bad thing, and I’ve seen countless of individuals have head pressures as their breakthroughs in reaching some level of communication with their tulpa.

Other than that, I think this is a useful Tips submission if some of the concerns addressed before could be fixed. For the tag, it seems this would be a supplement towards [Narration] (i.e. using head pressures as confirmation for certain responses) than just [sentience].

Easily fixed, upon retrospect not sure why I had 'varying' placed in there.

My Gaming Channel

Appearance: Pony (originally styled similar to the MLPFiM art style, but lately has been shifting to a more anime-ish appearance)

Looking like some tips and tricks material to me, this would fit there well. This was actually something I did a lot too when I was dealing with a non-vocal tupper, switching sides and stuff to challenge both of us. Funny how it never seemed to be a challenge, though.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I've updated the first post with my views on parroting and puppeting. Any opinions are welcome.

My Gaming Channel

Slight update adding another paragraph regarding multiple headpressure responses.

My Gaming Channel