Hello There, Guest! Register

New GAT contributors/manager/future
Vos Offline
Administrator
Forum Administrators

Threads: 18

RE: New GAT contributors/manager/future

(09-22-2018, 11:47 AM)waffles Wrote: Do you mean rejoining the GAT and voting on guides as well, or just managing without voting? I would prefer for the manager to be active doing guide stuff as well, since most of the day-to-day is really corralling people and making decisions on guides - I guess Apollo fits that bill. Otherwise, I guess having a manager at all is better than me, who neither votes nor manages right now. This goes for Tewi too.

The former, but if Apollo is eager to handle things I don't think he'd be a bad choice, same for Tewi. Their contributions are consistently good, so consider them before me.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 01:24 PM by Vos.)
09-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

jean-luc Offline
capt@in.jean-luc.org
Patron

Threads: 53
2 Attached Accounts

So how many guides should I look through? There's 90+ and most are very old, I feel like I'd be necroing threads. If anyone would like me to look at their guide, feel free to PM me.

Host: Jean-luc (plain-colored text)
Tulpas: Snow & Henry
Choose your tulpas' colors here!
Click here if you'd like a changing avatar like mine!
Ain't that just fantitiliantastic!
I host a podcast called Tulpaudcast.
and ramble crazily about everything while walking on Jean-luc walking.
09-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
Tewi Offline
Amaranthine Rabbit
Registered

Threads: 3
Linked Accounts

(09-22-2018, 01:07 PM)Vos Wrote: The former, but if Apollo is eager to handle things I don't think he'd be a bad choice, same for Tewi. Their contributions are consistently good, so consider them before me.

I'd only take a position like that out of necessity. You're better suited, already being an admin and all.

(09-22-2018, 03:48 PM)jean-luc Wrote: So how many guides should I look through? There's 90+ and most are very old, I feel like I'd be necroing threads. If anyone would like me to look at their guide, feel free to PM me.

Try just the ones posted this year maybe, excluding ones where a GAT member requested a change/additions and the OP did not edit their submission afterward. Those are abandoned, at least temporarily.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.
All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.
Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 03:51 PM by Tewi.)
09-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
Apollo Offline
Felight
Global Moderators

Threads: 11
2 Attached Accounts

As a request I'd like if people reviewed that essay that I wrote. Though I'm not sure how I'll handle my own submissions if I become GAT manager? Perhaps I'll just have to wait for others on the GAT to tell me that it's good to move it, since I don't want to be biased.

The fire-winged Sun God. Created 12/3/16.
09-22-2018, 04:05 PM
Website Find Reply
Ponytail Offline
Omnifarious Heavens
Registered

Threads: 5
2 Attached Accounts

I'd like Luminesce's system to be the GAT manager. I know they don't even particularly want to be on the GAT, but I really think they're the perfect fit.

They're highly active on the forum, first, though that's just a prerequisite. Though actual seeing and knowing about every new guide is a big deal for the managerial position. Also, I think Luminesce's tulpas have the capability of calling the GAT to action to approve new guides. Why? Because they already do. They already fit and perform the role plenty fine, they just need the title now.

I know you're not big on the idea of approving/ disapproving guides, but really all you need to do is keep critiquing people until they make all the changes you think are necessary, which you already do anyways. All you need to do now is add the word "approved" to your posts after you say something along the lines of "this is good"

The System:

It's too big.
ha, that's what she said.
09-23-2018, 01:54 PM
Find Reply
Tewi Offline
Amaranthine Rabbit
Registered

Threads: 3
Linked Accounts

Rather Vos do it if she's willing. Similar to moderating, our system isn't good at taking action when probably appropriate because we're very lenient. We're also surprisingly inactive in the Guides&Submissions department historically because our interest lies more in answering questions and participating in discussions than content that just sits there. For the thousands of posts we've read over the years, we've not read more than a few guides the entire time.

Unofficially we'll still do what needs to be done when we see something that needs doing. That's our real role.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.
All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.
Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
09-23-2018, 03:18 PM
Find Reply
Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
Gray the Cat-Griff
Registered

Threads: 21
1 Attached Account

(09-22-2018, 12:51 AM)Vos Wrote: Instead of voting in new members once a year that end up disappearing, we could treat it like the mentorship program where anyone who's interested can hop in, assuming that existing GAT members agree that they fit the role. I don't see any issues with the current voting system as long as we're able to get more people interested in this. For better communication I could make a GAT-only channel locked behind a role (or a separate server entirely) like the old IRC one, although the latter seems like a better option for organization. 

I wouldn't mind the mentorship part. Even if that means I need to stick around for two years before entering a GAT position, I'm fine with that.

Don't worry guys, I'm not a Dragon! My art style is an optical illusion. I'm not a hippo either, I promise.
Ranger now speaks in light blue text, but some of his older posts are in blue text and his oldest posts are in orange text.
09-23-2018, 05:26 PM
Find Reply