New Users Getting Banned

Srn347

Lately I've noticed new users tend to get autobanned at 0 posts (likely as they attempted their first post). It happened to me at first, and is likely what has happened to the current newest member (at the time I'm writing this post) jungleboy, as well as one of the newest members within the last 2 days (I remember noticing a newest member banned, but unfortunately I do not remember that user's name). Somehow this managed to bypass that same algorithm however. What's going on with the spam detection bot?

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

It may be a better to post this in the Talk to Staff forum, as the administrators and moderators will be able to see this quicker and respond as quickly as possible.

It probably has to do with the amount of spambots that register to attempt to post links, only to fail due to the post requisite. They stay online or idle for a while afterward, and I presume it's a way to cull the mass registration of them and have more legitimate accounts listed in the Member List section.

lol you used our screenshot

it's fine in this board!

But hey, for anyone that DOES get banned and sees this, go to the talk to staff/this place https://community.tulpa.info/forum-contact-box and tell them your name and that you got banned

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Heh, I sure did. Lumi really shouldn't be up at such an unreasonable hour (even if it is

).

For those of you that this happens to, don't get daunted by the access denied message when you try to send a message through the contact box. That's completely normal, when you're banned everything is an access denied message.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

I'm not sure what all of the anti-spam keywords are but it's not surprising that some bots are still able to get through. Looking at the bot you mentioned, it likely snuck in because the posts are in Chinese and they don't have links. As an alternative to the contact box, I've asked Pleeb to add the #tulpa.mods IRC channel to the ban message.

Unfortunately the last time I went through the users list (before the auto-banning plugin) something like 85% of accounts registering were spam bots, and we were deleting the same style posts daily. The plugin may fire some false positives but the alternative is 7 or so spam posts a day.

If there is anyone who is autobanned incorrectly, please contact staff and we will resolve it as quickly as possible.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

I second Vampire's comments.  I'm afraid that before we posted the auto banning plugin...  7/10 new members that signed up were spam bots.

We've changed a few things to raise awareness of how someone can avoid or alert us on autoban.  Whenever someone signs up to tulpa.info, they'll receive the following Welcome PM:

Welcome to the Tulpa.info forums!

Please take a moment to read the Rules and this Guide for New Members.

There are many resources that exist to help you along your journey. The Glossary should help you to understand much of the terminology used in this community, and the FAQ should answer many of the question that you will have as a beginner. Detailed guides can be found for nearly every part of the process, so reading through some of them from this List of Guides should put you right on track towards creating your own tulpa.

Creating a tulpa is about the journey, so after you have familiarized yourself with the basic FAQs and methods, we recommend trying things out for yourself, in your own way, and not worrying too much about the little things. If you do have any questions, please make sure you have read over the given resources before asking. If the FAQ and guides don't seem to answer your questions, please look around Questions and Answers, and use the search function to see if your question has already been asked. If it has not, feel free to create a thread of your own.

We look forward to having you, and hope that you enjoy your stay.

P.S.  We recently added a new anti-spam plugin.  It may automatically ban you if you try to post a link or certain key words in your first post.  If you happen to get caught up in it, please let us know by making a new topic in our Contact Box or posting in #tulpa.mods at: tulpa.info/chat

If someone is triggered by the auto-ban, they'll now receive the following message:

Your message has been flagged as SPAM  If this was a mistake, please contact us at https://community.tulpa.info/forum-contact-box or post in #tulpa.mods in our chat room: www.tulpa.info/chat

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Hey guys I need to say that when one got auto-banned (me too lol) he could not post anything via the contact box https://community.tulpa.info/forum-contact-box as well.

After pressing "Send as %username%" there will be an error message saying "You cannot access this page, maybe you're banned? blabla..."

Nevertheless, appealing to Vos via the Discord server solved my auto-ban problem in no time.

Lia  -  30 Jan 2018

Art thread

PR

I addressed this in my above post. The message sends, it just puts you on an access denied page because everything goes there while you're banned.