Parents with tulpa (Tulparenting!)

OceanStrider

So, I was wondering if anyone had tried parenting with a tulpa?

I've always liked the idea of adoption and was curious about how others have handled it. I suspect it would be just not telling the child and using the tulpa soley to support yourself. Or would you be honest and let the child know why you sometimes talk to yourself when you're alone? Would even having a child whilst having a tulpa be a terrible idea? I'd like to think they'd love the child as their own, but I suppose it varies from tulpa to tulpa, they may even get jealous!

Thanks!

tumblr_momjd0NfhW1r2en1ko1_500.gif

I know of only two parents with tulpas. One is still a secret but young still, the other is open. neither visit this forum, though.

It is not a terrible idea. Why would it be?

Well social services taking the child away is my main worry, and the child itself thinking that you're dangerously deluded is another. But then again I think my parents are crazy :P

tumblr_momjd0NfhW1r2en1ko1_500.gif

Having a tulpa and having a kid have literally nothing to do with each other. How to tell your kid, I dunno. If you can tell your kid you can tell your significant other, so work with them on that.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

[breach] I know one tulpamancy system around here who is a parent, and I know another from back when I grew up. I would say it worked out real well with the one I know in RL. Interestingly, both are systems with some of the oldest tulpas that I know of.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Edit: "Social services taking the child away is my main worry" made me think you meant parenting with the tulpa as the second parent. Having a tulpa is really not that big of a deal. Telling your family (and/or child) about them is situational and always weird. Mistgod's family knows about Melian and acknowledges what he says she thinks and does. But he's a rather eccentric individual, and said his family and friends knew he was kind of weird and had an active imagination. Outside of him, I can't say I've ever seen a parent or adult-figure tell others in their family about their tulpa so openly. I would've assumed, if it weren't for Mistgod's account, that having them interact with your tulpa like that was totally implausible. But apparently it can happen. So, if it doesn't seem like a big deal, go ahead. Definitely talk to your significant other in the first place first though, then get their opinion on telling anyone else in the family.

If you meant something else, take my deleted "Tulpas =/= separate humans" advice. Tulpas don't replace other human beings, they just complement your own experience in life.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I am a parent and I have my yound (3 month old) tulpa companion River who created two more thoughtforms I call Dante and Rocky. I haven't told anyone in my family, and I don't know that I ever will.

River has been an extremely good influence on me as a parent.

• 5 weeks later...

Closest I've come to this is making up a tulpa for a make-believe session with a kid I've babysitted for. Thing is, he's 11 and he honestly seems to think he actually is a snake in human 'clothing.' He says it with seriousness. He says it's a secret and I can't remember if he said I'm the only one he's told, or if he had confided in someone else.

I'm reluctant to bring it up with the parents because I think they'd jump immediately to mental illness and I have little to no trust in the psychiatric system. (psychologist, when it's the right person, sure, but I'd have no say in this). Plus, it would probably be felt as a betrayal to him.

I've toyed with the idea of introducing myself (or a tulpa/alternate personality) as a dragon, to play the 'game' with him. I'm just not sure if it would be a good idea or not. If it's just overactive imagination, then it shouldn't be a problem, but . . .

Woodwindwhistler on www.asexuality.org

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

My poetry: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5qMnL2tDkJYOGNhLW4tRHFHa0E&usp=sharing

{Kevin says: My family have had tulpas for at least three generations. So, a tulpa in the family is just another member of the family. It starts when you are a child. The family has two tribal tulpas Crab and Turtle. They are very simple tulpas that pass down through the family.

I've been married 30 years now. My wife and I both have tulpas. Our [biological] son learned of tulpas the usual way for my family, through meeting Crab and being entertained by Crab when my son was young. Our son didn't decide to make a tulpa himself, but other members of my family (such as my brother) did.

In my experience, tulp's just become part of the family and can be accepted in their own right. It's not everyone's experience, but it is mine. My youngest tulpa has matured to be rather independent and lives a life almost seperate from me - finding her own love and helping out in the background with tulpa.info . This logon is her account, not mine: I lost interest in tulpa-realted things last century.}

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.