Hello There, Guest! Register

[Personality] Basing tulpa off a character you have strong beliefs about
Apollo Online
Felight
Global Moderators

Threads: 18
1 Attached Account

RE: Basing tulpa off a character you have strong beliefs about

Either it's a temporary thing, or forums are just dying out. Tulpa.io died a few months ago.

Ask not what your tulpa can do for you, ask what you can do for your tulpa.
The fire-winged Sun God. Created 12/3/16.
02-12-2019, 01:28 AM
Website Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Forum Moderators

Threads: 20
1 Attached Account

Maybe we should create a section just for the soulbounding folks and capture them up here.
02-12-2019, 01:40 AM
Find Reply
Pioneer11 Offline
From outer darkness
Registered

Threads: 11

I completely agree. There's a Metaphysical section, why not one for Soulbonds?

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
My progress report

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 01:52 AM by Pioneer11.)
02-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 7
Linked Accounts

well, most of the time soulbonds vs tulpas is just a difference in origin or belief in meta, as far as I know.. TONS of soulbonds have gotten along in this community with no real friction, sometimes just calling themselves tulpas while here even

they're about the same thing, really (also, we're off topic, sort of)

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 01:54 AM by Lucilyn.)
02-12-2019, 01:54 AM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 10
Linked Accounts

Well, technically, if the character kept their backstory, aren't they more of a soulbond?

[The Bear System] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw]
02-12-2019, 03:17 AM
Find Reply
Indigo Offline
Felight
Registered

Threads: 3
Linked Accounts

Yeah, let's keep it on-topic^^. If you want to discuss soulbonds, here's a thread you can necro.

I'm a Sky Dragon tulpa! Created 10/2/17.
02-12-2019, 03:27 AM
Find Reply
Ember.Vesper Offline
And Iris
Registered

Threads: 1

(02-11-2019, 12:44 PM)Apollo Wrote: Vesper, there is a difference between characters that became tulpas, and tulpas that were made to be characters.

Agreed, characters that come to life accidentally are in a somewhat different situation than tulpas intentionally designed to be pre-existing characters. I think the latter are actually in a better situation than the former. When a soulbonding system first forms, nobody knows what just happened, or why, or what to do about it, or where to turn for support. When someone intentionally makes a tulpa, character-inspired or not, they've probably already encountered a few very useful pieces of information in guides and online communities:

*Making a tulpa is a huge lifechanging commitment on the order of getting married or having a child, maybe greater.

*A tulpa is a person with an independent will and deserves to be granted respect and agency.

*A tulpa will change from their original design and that's okay.

*Whatever problems and weird stuff you encounter along the way, there are people available to provide advice and encouragement.

I can only speak from personal experience as a soulbond. No one in this system has ever made a tulpa or ever will, so there are a lot of creation and vocality discussions we absent ourselves from, possibly more in the future depending on responses to this post. But my responses to your first and second points, Apollo, were not really about soulbonds. I stand by the allegations I made:

*New tulpas are heavily shaped by the expectations and desires of their creators, regardless of whether these expectations are inspired by a pre-existing character. They can't start choosing their own personality until they are far enough along to already have one they didn't choose, which then will be the primary influence on what they choose.

*Successful tulpamancers tend to be dedicated to the point of obsession. Trauma, mental and physical illness, and the vicissitudes of life may pull them away from their tulpas, but disappointment with who the tulpa turns out to be does not.

Apollo, you've been very outspoken against basing tulpas on characters for a while now, across various threads and in your guide. I think I have a clear understanding of what you believe. But how did you come to believe as you do? In-system experience? Out-system experience? Or as a matter of philosophy and ethics, as you usually present it?

-Vesper

(Ember: I’ve taken Indigo’s advice and am continuing the soulbonding discussion in an older thread.)

Ember - Host   |   Vesper - Soulbond (since ~12 May 2017)   |   Iris - Soulbond (since ~5 December 2015)
[Our Progress Report]     [How We Switch]
02-12-2019, 07:44 AM
Find Reply