Hello There, Guest! Register

Tulpa Community Census 2018

Poll: Choose a mental condition (If Any). Should be chosen if you believe it has effect on how you function as a person.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
None (that have at least some significance throughout life)
28.13%
9 28.13%
Asperger's/Autism Spectrum Disorder
15.63%
5 15.63%
ADHD-ADD
21.88%
7 21.88%
Autism Spectrum/ADHD Mix
9.38%
3 9.38%
DID
0%
0 0%
Schizophrenia
3.13%
1 3.13%
Anxiety/Depression (Severe)
15.63%
5 15.63%
Mix of any of any disorders or unlisted
6.25%
2 6.25%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Poll] Mental Conditions of Hosts
vtk Offline
Registered

Threads: 7
1 Attached Account

RE: [Poll] Mental Conditions of Hosts

(05-10-2018, 06:32 PM)Mr Mister Wrote: I guess the reason I originally made it 1 vote per person was because if someone voted on 2 things it would look like 2 different people voting which seemed even less accurate to me. But I can see why other people would prefer the alternative of multiple votes.

Depends on how the percentages are calculated. Of course, you divide the number of votes for each choice by N, but N can be either the total number of votes, or the number of people who voted. When the poll only allows voting for one choice, it's the same number N either way. But when multiple selections are allowed, the former methods results in underreported percentages, while the latter method results in more useful figures.

Even more useful would be figures on correlation, but that would require keeping between O(n^2) and O(2^n) running totals depending on how thorough the analysis is to be, where n is the number of choices --- or just store the original ballots and recount them as necessary for each reported figure.

Maggie David (she or they, birthday June 4)
05-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Tewi Offline
Amaranthine Rabbit
Registered

Threads: 3
Linked Accounts

Yeah, basically, "Choose the condition you'd like to represent yourself the most" isn't so great. Probably best to lean towards inclusive for this poll.

Hopefully people aren't dumb and don't choose "Mix of any of any" plus 2+ other options, or the Autism + ADHD mix and also Autism and ADHD. I'd like to think they aren't.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.
All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.
Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
05-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Find Reply
dragon cake Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

(05-10-2018, 10:40 PM)Tewi Wrote: Yeah, basically, "Choose the condition you'd like to represent yourself the most" isn't so great. Probably best to lean towards inclusive for this poll.

Hopefully people aren't dumb and don't choose "Mix of any of any" plus 2+ other options, or the Autism + ADHD mix and also Autism and ADHD. I'd like to think they aren't.

Some disorders are more than one disorder by definition too. Like schizoaffective disorder, which refers to having both schizophrenia and a mood disorder like depression.
05-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Find Reply
Mr Mister Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

(05-10-2018, 10:26 PM)vtk Wrote: Depends on how the percentages are calculated. Of course, you divide the number of votes for each choice by N, but N can be either the total number of votes, or the number of people who voted. When the poll only allows voting for one choice, it's the same number N either way. But when multiple selections are allowed, the former methods results in underreported percentages, while the latter method results in more useful figures.

Even more useful would be figures on correlation, but that would require keeping between O(n^2) and O(2^n) running totals depending on how thorough the analysis is to be, where n is the number of choices --- or just store the original ballots and recount them as necessary for each reported figure.

Well if that's how it is calculated then I have no problem with that method at all.

I'm the host, but I also have Yulia with me.
05-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Find Reply