Question about real relationships and tulpa relationships

Delteis

As a male I've been thinking about creating a tulpa for quite some time now. In all honesty there's quite alot of reasons that i want to do this (to possibly help mental stability and to share my life with another mindset mainly).

The more research I do, the more I stumble upon posts about people who love their tulpa or are in a legitimate relationship with one. While I have nothing against that I found myself asking what about a real relationship?

I'd like to have a real relationship in the future, but as I plan to make a tulpa to get very close with (and from what I read about many people creating tulpas and just ending up in a relationship).

How many people here both manage a relationship with a tulpa and a relationship outside of ones system? If you do, mind if I ask a bit of background and opinion?

I personally wouldn't want to create a tulpa and then explode my head over something like that. Other then that I'm pretty much aiming to create one.

I’m probably taking a different view of it here, but even though Gareth and I aren’t more than best friends, because of his connection to me he’ll defend me pretty hard and, uh, “vet” anyone who I want to be in a relationship with, it’s like he’s over my shoulder as I talk to them, heh.

Creepy? Controlling? Maybe, but he’s gotten me out of some bad situations involving relationships in the last, so I trust him.

There's a bunch of threads about this. Basically the answer is, talk it out with your tulpa first and foremost, but otherwise a tulpa and a human partner do not usually fulfill all of each other's roles in your life. There's no reason you couldn't have both - unless your tulpa, or your SO if you tell them about your tulpa, has a problem themselves.

Basically this, though

try Searching for "relationship" or "roman" in Thread Titles, there's a batrillion topics on that stuff already

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It's possible to have a special relationship with both a human and a tulpa at once. They are different types of relationships, and they provide you with different things, emotionally. I strongly believe your tulpa would naturally want what's best for you, and would not feel spurned by you finding a human loved one. It will vary, of course, but I wouldn't worry.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

I think as long as you tell the other person about your relationship with your tulpa and are transparent about your system dynamics it's fine. As Lumi said it's important to make some compromises if the other person has a problem with you being in a relationship with your tulpa.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report