Question about the science that might one day prove tuplas

ghost kid

The forums tend to be a little slower these days, especially on subjects like this. I don't think we have enough science yet coming out yet to give an informed enough answer, though Tulpas are already starting to be published in scientific journals.

I believe that a tulpa having a thought could produce a different pattern compared to a host thinking that same thought, just because they're different minds running on the same brain (for lack of a better term). They've done studies in the past for people with DID, and have found the brain in a different state depending on the personality, compared to control (actors pretending to be different people).

The brain isn't black and white though, but I still feel like a good way to help support tulpas would be to use something like

-- have the host just sit there and do nothing, while the tulpa trains the mouse to move. It should, in theory, move the mouse to the tulpa's thoughts instead of the hosts.
Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• 1 month later...

I think it is perfectly plausible for science to eventually prove the existence of Tulpas. Viessiere's research is promising in at least they are looking. In 2013, WIRE wrote an article where scientists were recording dreams using fMRI.

https://www.wired.com/2013/04/dream-decoder/

So, if they could do that, and we assume they are getting better at that because, why wouldn't that research continue. Lots of people like dreams, and rich people might even sign up to have their dreams turned into video, so potential funding isn't an issue, and there are scientist that are interested in improving our understanding of dreams, right?

If they can do that, why not put people experiencing schizophrenia in an fMRI and see if we can see their hallucinations? Would it be helpful for people to confront their 'demons?' Would it be helpful to understand how the visual part of the brain works in real time when people experience hallucinations? That's just one step away from a dream. Maybe dreams and hallucinations are similar pathways, because clearly a dream is a production of the brain, a whole world experienced hallucination... And so, if you can see dreams, hallucinations, why not tulpas? I think there is research where DID can be recognized with different brain waves compared to the normal host's brainwaves, as if brainwaves have flavors like finger prints.

I think the only limit is where science wants to spend its money.

When I get some necomimi I'll share my findings. thry likely wont be very interesting tho since tulpas are just brain activity. and the necomimi doesnt differentiate between different kinds of brain acitivity

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

I had to look up necomim... Wow! How cool is that. Neurowear is my new hot topic of interest. I am still mad that we don't have better apps for seeing brain waves in real time on our phones, or more bio-neuro-feedback tools. I mean, there is more computing power in my I-phone today than what got the space shuttle in orbit, and the only preferred app I have is for catching pokemon? Seriously, I love pokemon, but why is this tool so under utilized! More necomimi please!

Oh, and show us the ears, Spice!

When I get some necomimi I'll share my findings. thry likely wont be very interesting tho since tulpas are just brain activity. and the necomimi doesnt differentiate between different kinds of brain acitivity

I know someone who had those ears; when their tulpa was off sleeping or something, the ears would move to their mood -- when the tulpa was active/awake, the ears would just kind of move at random with no real pattern. I believe the tulpa's activity was influencing the ears... I'd like to hear the results.

Also, related, for anyone interested: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1s3bPNAewPAw-LRUoFCBdzbhTWyiTgEUy

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png