Set the Bomb to 500

Ranger

EDIT: This game was revised. Here's the latest version: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-set-the-bomb-to-50

This game can be played in several ways. This post contains the simple rules. To see the Advanced Rules, click here.

BASIC RULES: We will set the bomb to 50 and the goal is to increment the count to reach 500. Once it reaches 500, everyone wins!

To increment the count, just type the old amount +1. For example,

P1: 52

P2: 53

P3: 54

...and so on.

Another thing you can do to earn points is to create a five letter word. A poster trying to make a word must start with one letter in quotation marks. Then, the next person can add 1 letter from the previous post. Once you reach a five letter word, that word can now be turned in for additional points. The player must add to the timer and the player must also include a (+10) or just +10 to show where the extra points came from. Note that non-five letter words equal 0 points by themselves. For example,

P1: "t"

P2: "tr"

P3: "tre"

P4: "tree"

P5: 55 "trees" (+10)

If the number with the calculated change or the (+10) are missing, then it does not count. The five letter word must be constructed consecutively, so any breaks in the chain require a re-start. For example,

P1: "r"

P2: "ro"

P3: "ros"

P4: 26

P5: "s"

Quick edit here, after a 5 letter word is counted for points the word count has to start over. If a word is messed up for whatever reason, it can be turned in for points (see advanced rules for details).

As a final note, these can stack. If the fifth player chooses to add the bonus from the word, they can also add the increment bonus (so a total of 11 points were added).

P3: 34 "cro"

P4: 35 "crow"

P5: 46 "crows" (+10)

Begin! 50

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 "fl" I like that plan!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

63 "flaps"

Correction: 68 "flaps" (+10)

We didn't want people to have to write +1 for every time they incremented the counter, but because of all of the other rules we want people to write the (+#) for everything else so people don't get confused as to why the counter jumped up or down. 5 letter words are worth 10 points and I don't know if Breloomancer wanted to stack the +1 with the word or not so I only added the +10 bonus.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

May have been confusing the moderator rules?

Anyways, you took the first congruent-to-seven post and wasted it!

FOR EVERYONE:

for the rule "If you recognize that your post number is congruent to 7 (mod 17) then you can can win an additional 3 points. Just make sure to write “math” somewhere." the first few post numbers that match the criteria are:

24, 41, 58, 75, 92, 109, 126, 143, 160, 177, 194

for the rule "If you recognize that your post number is prime AND the sum of 3 unique primes, then you can win an additional 13 points. " the first few post numbers that match the criteria are:

19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, 97, 101, 103, 107, 109, 113, 127, 131, 137, 139, 149, 151, 157, 163, 167, 173, 179, 181, 191, 193, 197, 199

EDIT: In fact, it would seem every prime number past 19 almost certainly fits the criteria.

small.png

71 (+2)

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

We figured walking into this that this game is very much in beta. I don't see any reason in making any major changes to the rules yet if reaching 500 isn't going to be that difficult. I want to sit back and see what quirks/errors pop up first and if 500 is reached we can remove the kinks and make a second draft of the game.

73 "no"

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account