Some questions

L83

Hello,

I learned about Tulpae a few months ago and started making one early June, but I'm not sure I'm doing everything right.

First of all, I don't understand how it's supposed to go on in my imagination. I've been lurking a bit and I see people talking about how they see their tulpa chilling in their wonderland, or the fact they can change things in here or themselves. But I don't get it. I can't see in my head anything that I'm not thinking about myself, every time my tulpa does something, it's something I though about him doing (for example, running or shaking my hand), and I only see him when I imagine his appearance from my memories so I don't see how he can change it (same goes for my wonderland).

Does it mean he is not sentient yet ?

Also, I have another problem that may be related. I can't see things clearly in my head, everything is foggy, so I have a hard time doing things like seeing in first person, moving or imaginating my tulpa doing something clearly. I know almost exaclty how he looks like, but if I try to see him the vision is blurry and keeps moving. I don't know how to explain it clearly but I'll look at his face, and a few seconds later I'll think of his hand and my vision will switch to it. What I'm trying to say is that I almost can't imagine him picking something off the ground for example without my vision moving to a smaller part of him.

Is it a common problem that'll get better with time and practice ?

I've been forcing for two months now. He still doesn't speak or react in any way (or I haven't noticed it), so I don't know if he is sentient or not. I may have heard a word the first month but now I think it was just my imagination, it sounded like something coming out of someone at my side and I've read that you're supposed to hear him as a mindvoice first.

I forced almost every day the first month (30 min - 1 h) but I started skipping a day between sessions early July. I took a one week break but know I skip even more days (2-3).

Is there a way to keep myself motivated ? I never forget him, it's just pure laziness. I'm starting to have doubts I didn't have before and using it as an excuse to skip forcing. I'm getting tired of repeating the same things about his personality, so I'm wondering if it's okay to explain it to him every few days or maybe one time a week, and talk about whatever goes through my mind the other days ?

I still speak to him everyday when I feel like it, but I don't think it's enough if I want things to move.

Do you have any suggestions to help my current situation ?

Thank you very much!

PS : I'm sorry if I made mistakes, english is not my native language.

Yeah, not to sound dumb, but pretty much everything comes with time and/or practice. It may not be that your Tulpa isn't sentient yet, but it hasn't yet developed off of you. Kinda like you guys are still attached.

Your second issue, about the mind visualization, yeah, it'll come with practice. If you want, you can start small, just a brick on a table, for instance, then other things. Once they aren't blurry, foggy, etc. then you can move forward and such.

Third thing, yeah! Force when you want to.

i'm kinda a lazy butt myself...

Maybe keep a journal, or PR so you can motivate yourself to have something to look forward to.

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

>Does it mean he is not sentient yet?

Well it depends, do you believe he is sentient? Do you expect him to be sentient? I hate to answer your question with questions, but I want to get the point across that how sentient your tulpa is is based on your belief and expectations. If you want your tulpa to become sentient then change-up your expectations and beliefs. When you force, expect your tulpa to do random things that you wouldn't make them do during sessions. When you narrate to him expect a response, believe that he hears you and is trying to communicate with you. Your beliefs and expectations are a key role to how much time it takes to create your tulpa.

>Is it a common problem that'll get better with time and practice?

Yes it is, and there are many guides out there to help increase your ability to visualize. I think JD1215's guide (http://community.tulpa.info/thread-visualization-JD1215-s-guide-to-visualization) might be worth taking a glance. It may take some time, I know it did for me, but you should soon be able to visualize your tulpa's action with ease as you practice more often.

>Is there a way to keep myself motivated?

You're creating a companion who is closer to you than any other person can be in this whole world. A companion will always be there by your side to help you, to love you, and to cheer you up on your dark days. A companion who you can never get tired of, who'll always have interesting things to say, and funny jokes to make. The days you will spend with them will make the time and effort you put in now well worth it, so what are you waiting for? Do it for the bright future you will have with your tulpa.

>Do you have any suggestions to help my current situation?

I would suggest to make forcing sessions a daily thing. Forcing sessions are what helps you and your tulpa make great progress, it's how you and your tulpa will spend time together and how you'll be able to give them your full attention. I think that making these sessions weekly is a not a great idea simply because you'll starve your tulpa of attention causing very low amounts of progress to made. Also narrate, narrate, narrate, narrate. This is a VERY important step that you shouldn't get lazy with.

Hello,

I learned about Tulpae a few months ago and started making one early June, but I'm not sure I'm doing everything right.

First of all, I don't understand how it's supposed to go on in my imagination. I've been lurking a bit and I see people talking about how they see their tulpa chilling in their wonderland, or the fact they can change things in here or themselves. But I don't get it. I can't see in my head anything that I'm not thinking about myself, every time my tulpa does something, it's something I though about him doing (for example, running or shaking my hand), and I only see him when I imagine his appearance from my memories so I don't see how he can change it (same goes for my wonderland).

Does it mean he is not sentient yet ?

When it comes to training your receptive ability to become aware of your unconscious' ability to imagine more things than you can fathom consciously, it seems like a challenge at first. However, there are exercises you can do mentally that trains you more, and the blurry images start becoming more vivid for you in terms of seeing it in the mind's eye. And by that, it's simply having the imagery and movement in the front of your mind and still being able to go about your usual day.

As for sentience and even sapience, there really isn't a "scale" or "measurement," so the practical way (at least for the time being), is to treat your tulpa as sentient. This means you demonstrate to them and/or the unconscious mind that you have intentions of being able to make a mental picture of your tulpa being competent in terms of sensory awareness and being able to make deductions from those sensations and much more.

Because the more you're able to create a mental picture, to have behaviors of confidence and assurance mentally, your unconscious mind is going to make those neurological connections quickly, and most likely have made 100s, if not 1,000s of probable scenarios. But the thing is, the unconscious and conscious mind shouldn't be seen as some dualism, they are just facets of yourself. So while it seems you think you're at loss of what to do with your imagination, the first step is acknowledging you have that ability to see many things at once.

I was in the same situation as you, not being able to visualize my tulpa so easily, but these past few months, I can imagine Eva and Ada easily in all angles, like how you would see characters in an in-menu viewer that allows you to zoom in and out and turn in all directions and angles. So as you're shifting your attention and focus on certain parts of your body, rest assured that you can train yourself to be more aware of the rest of his body with practice.

You just have to find ways to increase that awareness, and there are several guides to do that.

What I'm trying to say is that I almost can't imagine him picking something off the ground for example without my vision moving to a smaller part of him.

Is it a common problem that'll get better with time and practice ?

Allow me to use a simple example that's similar to this. Imagine if you were to go to New York for the first time, especially in a busy downtown area, things would feel inconsistent, blurry, and very hard to focus on several things at once. But the more you're in that kind of environment, you find yourself easing in to the situation, because your unconscious mind has already made presumptions and calculations on what's necessary, and what can be "blind" in terms of how limited our range of vision is.

It's the same when trying to imagine our tulpa, it feels awkward, weird, and the more we worry about it, the more it becomes a detriment for us. Which is why practice is going to be something we'll all have to do, and the emphasis is "DOING" rather than "trying." Doing means acknowledging there may be a few mishaps and faults here and there, but also trusting in your unconscious mind (and all facets of it), along with just experimenting and gaining experiential learning from it at an unconscious and conscious level as much as you can, seeing your tulpa easily is inevitable.

Is there a way to keep myself motivated ? I never forget him, it's just pure laziness.

Indolence is common for everyone, even me, there are just some moments where we're just not "feeling it," and when we actually think and say "I'm not feeling like doing this today, maybe tomorrow," it tends to send a message that because there's no intention to DO, the unconscious mind won't really create those scenarios and visualizations. Which is why when you find people who feel they haven't had progress, it's mostly because they haven't trained themselves to have mental endurance to see things through, and it really is a challenge because consciously trying to express effort into this is difficult, especially with other responsibilities we have to take care of.

Motivation is really just finding ways to force yourself into DOING, Inspiration is what seems to drive you naturally rather than by force. There are ways for you to become inspired and motivated to do this, and a simple way of doing that is creating that mental picture of seeing yourself with your tulpa that's sentient, sapient, and all sorts of factors mixed in.

If you don't make the intention of wanting that daily, the chances of it actually being carried out is a bit smaller. It may happen, it may appear as a deus ex machina when you finally hear your tulpa's voice after so long, but when that happens, it's just that the unconscious mind finally made the connections (based on your desires, experiential totality, knowledge base, and much more).

Motivation, Inspiration, whatever, they all involve being able to develop rapport with your mind and knowing there can be rapport the more you practice and actually crawl your way through those challenges, because they will get easier in the long run.

Keep at it, have faith in the potential the unconscious mind can do for you when you make conscious intentions and mental pictures of what you want, know you can build rapport with it with practice, enjoy both your triumphs and failures, and always aim to learn about as many things as you can.

Thank you for your answers !

>Does it mean he is not sentient yet?

Well it depends, do you believe he is sentient? Do you expect him to be sentient? I hate to answer your question with questions, but I want to get the point across that how sentient your tulpa is is based on your belief and expectations. If you want your tulpa to become sentient then change-up your expectations and beliefs. When you force, expect your tulpa to do random things that you wouldn't make them do during sessions. When you narrate to him expect a response, believe that he hears you and is trying to communicate with you. Your beliefs and expectations are a key role to how much time it takes to create your tulpa.

I guess I believe he is sentient already, I feel guilty when I skip forcing and apologize to him, and I try not to offend him when I talk to him.

Honestly I don't feel like i'm talking to myself.

When it comes to ...

Thanks for the great advice! I'm motivated to try new things now.