Spam bots, again

Luminesce

Quite a problem right now. Usually when they start showing up en masse like this you like update something.. or something, right? Well anyways, unless it's literally Vos and no one else getting rid of them, I'm pretty sure I've reported more spam threads (one thread per account of course) than any single mod has deleted lol.

Honestly, I wish I just had the power to deal with spammers and nothing else. I don't want to be a mod here and do all the other things mods have to do - that sort of thing is stressful for me and might actually burn me out of Tulpa.info - but it does feel a bit silly just reporting spambots and letting their threads sit there for hours. But I mean, preferably we just wouldn't have so many in the first place.

Anything that can be done about that?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My system would be willing to be mod and take care of stuff like that, I think we'd enjoy it. But they're probably not taking volunteers, so idk.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I actually have a lot of experience moderating and administrating various places (not talking Minecraft servers, here) so I get how stuff works. It's less that you're not allowed to volunteer and more that if {we} took volunteer applications, {we}'d get a lot of... people who aren't quite qualified. But seeing as I've been one of those people who's tentatively volunteered for a Staff position before and was definitely qualified, I do think a tiny bit more mediating between Staff and potential Staff is usually in order. No Staff team I'm speaking of has ever been some government-level secret society, it's really just a norm to tell people not to volunteer because it prevents a lot of headaches.

As someone who was offered modship here twice though, I'm just going to throw out there that Heckhound's posts just look like the type of person who becomes a mod in my experience. I don't necessarily mean to recommend her even, it's just an observation, it's the sort of post history I've seen a lot of times before...

But I'm not the one choosing here, so I won't say anything about Apollo's system or anyone else, just felt the need to point out the above. At the moment we have exactly two active mods and one on the most unsure-period-of-time leave I've ever seen, so, I don't know how many people in each position the administration here prefers.. But another mod in Tulpa's position can't hurt, unless you guys know he's coming back soon.

@jean-luc That seems like a rather iffy fix to me, will interfere with the occasional legitimate post and is easily circumvented by spambots. Also the answer might be no, it's not possible, lol.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

it's really just a norm to tell people not to volunteer because it prevents a lot of headaches.

Yeah, I get that. Still, wanted to put it out there.

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

It's been a mix of myself, Vos, and Pleeb dealing with it.

I'll take a look at some options and recommend some things to staff later today.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Who is spamming?

Bots. Lots of them.

As someone who was offered modship here twice though, I'm just going to throw out there that Heckhound's posts just look like the type of person who becomes a mod in my experience. I don't necessarily mean to recommend her even, it's just an observation, it's the sort of post history I've seen a lot of times before...

I appreciate the observation, Lumi.

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112