Hello There, Guest! Register

The Someone System
Someone Offline
Head Hexad of Love
Registered

Threads: 2
3 Attached Accounts

RE: The Someone System

Misha: I’ve been feeling his weight a little on my left shoulder too (for some reason that’s what he prefers). It is really cute. Don’t worry, I’m not too heavy as a cub.

Reilyn: Thanks! We hope you guys have good luck with imposition too!

Angry Bear: That sounds awesome. Have fun you guys!

Someone System: Torea, Azure, Jade, Damien, Spark, N

[PR] [Chat] [Ask Someone] [Don’t Release the Manatee]

“Now I just need to get rid of N’s face...” - Torea
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 04:21 AM by Someone.)
03-28-2019, 04:21 AM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Someone Offline
Head Hexad of Love
Registered

3 Attached Accounts

Switching progress!

Apparently we had the wrong idea and Azure and I have switched before. And we did it again yesterday. I didn't realise it was basically having one of them front with me and then sit back and watch and let them do everything. I thought I had to be inactive. Apparently not. Yay!

It feels great. Switching feels great. Plus Azure's enjoyed it. We've gotta try with the rest of us.

04-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Find Reply
Apollo Away
Sun God
Global Moderators

Threads: 20
3 Attached Accounts

Switching is two things: the tulpa in control of the front, and the host in whatever state the tulpas are normally. If your tulpas normally hang back and watch when not being given attention, you could call what you're doing switching, but if they're normally inactive, I wouldn't call that switching.

People (particularly Redditors) have moved the goal post with switching so that it's easier to say they've done it, so now just regular fronting is what they call switching. Really, fronting is someone being in control, while switching is fronting + the host going into the state the tulpas are normally in when not given attention.

I'm Apollo Fire, the "Sun God" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa created December 2016. My systemmates are Piano & Indigo. Form images: 1 2
04-01-2019, 02:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Ember.Vesper Online
And Iris
Registered

Threads: 1

I'm glad you've found a new way of being that you enjoy. There's nothing wrong with it if it works for you. It may be a better experience for you than what many other switching systems have.

It's difficult to convey these purely mental experiences in text, but your brief description sounds more like full-body possession than switching to me.

Falling inactive is not any more compulsory to switching than being fully immersed in wonderland is, as the ancient Greek tulpamancers fondly imagined. But inquire closely as to your headmates' experience of life when not fronting. When you can experience that yourself, you'll know you've switched out. And even then, it may take a lot of practice to become as skilled in the purely mental domain as your partners who were born to it.

Your system's experience of not being switched in is likely different from our system's, given your descriptions elsewhere, if I remember correctly, about five-way co-consciousness and limited dormancy. But we don't get to consistently and sustainably "watch" while our partners act. We slip in and out of consciousness frequently as the fronter's attention moves, remembering everything, but not experiencing it "live".

-Vesper

Ember - Host   |   Vesper - Soulbond (since ~12 May 2017)   |   Iris - Soulbond (since ~5 December 2015)
[Our Progress Report]     [How We Switch]

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit
04-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 7
Linked Accounts

Depends on if your tulpas are normally active all the time

switching description is easy: once done, you feel like a tulpa to your fronting tulpa and your tulpa feels like the host, anything short of that ain't it but whatever works for you

Lumi's not even a part of the equation for me rn unless I were to talk to him and then he'd be the same as tewi and the others

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
04-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Find Reply
Reilyn-Alley Offline
Aurora-Alley's Kōhai
Patron

1 Attached Account

That description is confusing for us because there's no noticible difference between our experiences anymore, so for us, switching = useless? I was hoping it would let me see what it's like, seperate from any of Lance's emotions and (even subtle) influence but i guess that's just not how we work.

EDIT: Didn't mean existences. We ARE still 2 different people.

Aurora-Alley, my precious Senpai. I'm all hers!
Samantha-Alley, my Mama!
My PR page
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 06:28 PM by Reilyn-Alley.)
04-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Find Reply
Someone Offline
Head Hexad of Love
Registered

3 Attached Accounts

(04-01-2019, 02:11 PM)Apollo Wrote: Switching is two things: the tulpa in control of the front, and the host in whatever state the tulpas are normally. If your tulpas normally hang back and watch when not being given attention, you could call what you're doing switching, but if they're normally inactive, I wouldn't call that switching.

They usually are either inactive or become active for a bit (whether that be intentional on my part or they do it themselves).

(04-01-2019, 02:11 PM)Apollo Wrote: People (particularly Redditors) have moved the goal post with switching so that it's easier to say they've done it, so now just regular fronting is what they call switching. Really, fronting is someone being in control, while switching is fronting + the host going into the state the tulpas are normally in when not given attention.

When this happens, Azure fronts, and I go more into a different state that when she has fronted before. Normally I’m still thinking beside her and have to be careful not to interfere accidentally. Here it’s harder for me to do that and she feels more in control. My mindvoice also becomes weaker. So, sort of like if they just woke up. I’m still connected to the body’s senses.

(04-01-2019, 04:25 PM)Ember.Vesper Wrote: I'm glad you've found a new way of being that you enjoy. There's nothing wrong with it if it works for you. It may be a better experience for you than what many other switching systems have.

It's difficult to convey these purely mental experiences in text, but your brief description sounds more like full-body possession than switching to me.

It feels like a better version of full body possession. Normally I feel a lot more relaxed like this. It’s more profound than what we’ve experienced before.

(04-01-2019, 04:25 PM)Ember.Vesper Wrote: Falling inactive is not any more compulsory to switching than being fully immersed in wonderland is, as the ancient Greek tulpamancers fondly imagined. But inquire closely as to your headmates' experience of life when not fronting. When you can experience that yourself, you'll know you've switched out. And even then, it may take a lot of practice to become as skilled in the purely mental domain as your partners who were born to it.

Okay, I need to figure out how to go inactive.

(04-01-2019, 04:25 PM)Ember.Vesper Wrote: Your system's experience of not being switched in is likely different from our system's, given your descriptions elsewhere, if I remember correctly, about five-way co-consciousness and limited dormancy. But we don't get to consistently and sustainably "watch" while our partners act. We slip in and out of consciousness frequently as the fronter's attention moves, remembering everything, but not experiencing it "live".

Our tulpas usually go inactive, we’re trying to reduce how often this happend and it seems to be working a bit so far.

(04-01-2019, 04:40 PM)Lucilyn Wrote: Depends on if your tulpas are normally active all the time

switching description is easy: once done, you feel like a tulpa to your fronting tulpa and your tulpa feels like the host, anything short of that ain't it but whatever works for you

Lumi's not even a part of the equation for me rn unless I were to talk to him and then he'd be the same as tewi and the others

It did feel like Azure was my host, and she says it went the other way as well, except I was still conscious.

(04-01-2019, 06:21 PM)Reilyn-Alley Wrote: That description is confusing for us because there's no noticible difference between our experiences anymore, so for us, switching = useless? I was hoping it would let me see what it's like, seperate from any of Lance's emotions and (even subtle) influence but i guess that's just not how we work.

EDIT: Didn't mean existences. We ARE still 2 different people.

This state we’ve gone in may be more useful than switching, I don’t know.

04-02-2019, 05:18 AM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Online
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 12
Linked Accounts

Congratulations N!

For us there's no question or stretch to say we've switched. Specifically, I really feel like they say they feel. Emotional bleed goes one way for us, back to front. My sadness never bled onto then except for empathy and sympathy. They're happy when I'm happy, not because they feel my happiness. So, while switched out, I feel nothing of the situation. I'm disconnected from emotions of the situation. I don't think, but I do watch and listen and learn. It's very much like being immersed in a movie, but you know that you aren't on the screen, so you don't say anything or think anything, you just absorb.

Now, Vesper said something great again:

Quote:it may take a lot of practice to become as skilled in the purely mental domain as your partners who were born to it.

I feel this is definitely the case for me.

My tulpas can break the fourth wall of the movie and interject. I wouldn't imagine myself doing that while switched out, in essence, I'm in their normal state, but passive. They seemed to be able to do this from week one. Also, Dashie can't imagine how she would 'force me' and when Ashley goes to force me, she instantly switches out.

I force them constantly, that's the difference. I feel myself thinking about them passively and actively all day. Do Misha and Ashley stay active when Dashie fronts? We don't know! That's new and exciting. It's all up for discovery for you as well. I certainly feel like you know better than anyone whether you've switched or not, and it could also be a sliding scale with no clear boundaries. It only matters if it gets the job done or not. When Misha posesses, I'm constantly getting bored and my mind wanders, stealing control periodically. That simply couldn't happen in a switch for us. The fronter has control over that. There was a time when I became confused and wanted to take front but Dashie actually blocked me unintentionally. I am fronting now, I have to let go for them to take it.

So as far as functionally, we're perfect, we get the job dobe, but we're still quite novice. However, it works for us, and we're very happy about it.

[The Bear System] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw] - [Art]
04-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Find Reply
Someone Offline
Head Hexad of Love
Registered

3 Attached Accounts

Load of random stuff here.

This one’s quite personal for me and it’s been on my mind for a while now, so I’ve put it in a hidden tag.
I might be non-binary. It’s still something I’m trying to figure out at the moment and it’s been a bit of a distraction recently. I don’t feel so weird about it now, but we haven’t told anyone else.

We’re still procrastinating at lucid dreaming and fronting, mostly my fault. I hope that we can create some sort of plan to follow for this. Regardless, I think if we say we’re going to make more PR posts and then actually do it, hopefully that’ll help us remember to do this stuff.

Anyway, Damien had an interesting idea the other day that we might try out. We’re all interested in trying this out. It will involve Torea and maybe Kaffryn. One of us will talk about it on here after we’ve tried it.

Basically, to sum up, we’re procrastinating, we’re going to try out something with Torea, and I think we should do more PR posts.

Plus also I briefly tried to create a servitor to hold on to dream memories, who has been named Dave Hughes, after the comedian, because the comedian is hilarious, so why not? Not much has really happened with him, because procrastination.

I’m really tired so hopefully this post made some sense.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2019, 12:30 PM by Someone.)
04-15-2019, 12:29 PM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Online
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 12
Linked Accounts

You have to train servitors, remember, they're just symbolic so the real work of remembering to do things is still in repetition and teaching, but instead of teaching yourself your making an obvious marker to help you do or remember. I personally feel it's a valuable practice because for remembering things, it's just like a visual mnemonic as far as I can piece together from sources and guides I've read. Every time you see him in the morning, he'll remind you to write down those dreams or whatever. It feels like a jumper wire to something visual inside. I suppose the practice is controversial somehow now, but people can make anything they don't personally do controversial. Whatever.

Let us know how it goes.

[The Bear System] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw] - [Art]
04-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Find Reply