Hello There, Guest! Register

Tulpa Community Census 2018

Trying to understand stuff
solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Forum Moderators

Threads: 13

RE: Trying to understand stuff

You're very welcome, Mr. Implosium. and you may call me John.

Do you know, all of what you just wrote was very clear, and very meaningful. If it's any consolation, when it comes to meeting new people, even old people, by old I mean familiar, we never know what they think. That's why we invented questions! Unfortunately, it's generally inadvisable to ask what other people think of you, but instead you measure their interest in the fact they keep coming around. Well, that use to be a good measure. With cellphones and internet, we're not as good at being social as we once were.

Don't fret so much about being shy. Even really shy. It means you're human. It means you care. It means you love. That's huge. That's the reason we're here! Love. Yes, you will go back to school, and you will encounter your friend or person again. Those things happen. Most the time nothing bad happens. Most the time, it's usually anticlimactic. Sometimes we make things happen, or say the wrong thing. That's what we do. Sometimes we come across foolish, and sometimes we actually came off a bit smarter and cooler than we imagined we did, but most the time, everybody is so caught up in their own world and dramas that they don't even notice us, and so what happens, you breathe, and you keep going, and the world keeps going right along side you as if nothing happened. Kind of like Doctor Who episode where clearly the world witnessed aliens and mayhem and then the next day they go back to work and school and continue on with drama.

As for meeting strangers, yeah, that can be uncomfortable. And I can relate to thoughts going really fast, and i have said some of the most outrageous things and, well, all I can say is even this gets better with practice. I promise you, you will make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes! I still make mistakes. I am really good at recovering, most the time, because my head is still racing and I can sometimes follow up my blunder with a joke or a twist, or "I can't believe what just fell out of my face," and we just kind of breathe, and go on. Practice talking to people when you're ready, don't worry about knowing what they think, just listen to their words, watch their expressions and their hands, and you'll get the hang of that. Being insecure in our day in age is part of the social landscape. You are not broken. The secret is knowing, everyone is equally insecure. Some people won't like you. That's a fact. Some people don't like them. (The people who don't like you, I am particularly cross at them at the moment. How dare they!) 8 plus billion people in the world... Statistically, it's bound to happen, and of course, you can only measure that with people you encounter, so the trick is meeting more people! Smile If it's any consolation, just based on everything in this thread, I think you're amazing and I am super happy to see such resilience and breathing and continuing on. Yay you! It's okay if you don't believe me. But mark my words, maybe not next week or even next year, maybe in five years or ten years, you going to have such a brilliant day and laugh with friends, and you will know, you're amazing and someone half a world a way called it. You've got this. And that's true even if you fumble and you pick yourself up and brush yourself off and get right back in the game. Breathe. Carry on.

Yes, it is my opinion, if you want a tulpa, and you keep practicing the protocols for creating a tulpa, you will end up with a tulpa. I am not going to recommend any particular creation process, because I kind of dabbled with several, but they're all pretty similar. Tulpa.info guides were tremendously helpful; it became my sole source for info. There are probably some individual, human differences that impact the process, so time spent practicing could be a huge variable. I have not found that I have added anything significant to the process. I suspect the process is comparable to several different modalities which i have written about, but that's not relevant to the creation process. Your job in this process is picking the guide that you feel most comfortable with, and then committing to it. Still read all the other guides, but commit to one, add stuff as you need to, but keep doing each particular step until you get results. My intuition wants me to say, meditate more. Perhaps finding a particular meditation or mindfulness exercise to just help slow your thoughts down in general, for at least the time spent meditating. that, too, is a practice.

http://mindfulnessforstudents.co.uk/reso...uppy-mind/

that is the best mindfulness exercise I have ever found, and I use that to help teach meditation to people who don't think they can. your brain is sharp and fast and you probably like that most the time, but you can change the frequency and bring it down a notch, and maybe even enjoy a different exchange rate when it comes to communicating, without sacrificing intelligence.

there is no short cut around this part- you have to actually sit still and obsessively focus on your tulpa. the forcing part is just part of the process; absolutely fundamental. use the puppy dog method above to try and get through this. if you're doing this and you find yourself suddenly off topic, bring your mind back to what you were doing. don't say, 'damn I can't do this.' you can do this. your brain is a puppy dog, and it's being asked to do something it's never done before. and puppy dogs love to run and play and squirrel! call it gently back to task. don't hit it with a newspaper! saying 'you can't do this' or "you suck at this part, skip it" that's news papers. (Saying your shy or don't like meeting new people, news papers. You're normal. Meeting new people is tough. even the people you think are good at it, they're really not, they're just putting on a good show, and yes, most the time, putting on a good show works well for people. (Statistically, if you ask, they think they suck at it and they feel lonely, even though they seem to have good connections.)) You don't sit down at the piano and suddenly play moon light sonata, you learn the first couple notes, and you do it over and over and over until you got it, then you add the next phrase... you do this with video games. you die, you start over. you get better. you're thinking of you tulpa, you find yourself distracted, you come back to your tulpa. laugh and say, "(tulpas name), sorry, got distracted, shall we get back to work?" and you get back to work.

if you're good at art, draw your tulpa. You got to spend time with it, and minimize your distractions. When you walk, you're walking with your tulpa. Even if you don't see it, you're attention is on the fact it's there. If you're playing your video game, 'force' your tulpa's voice narrating the game, making observations. I like to write. At a certain point in the process, it was like I was not there and the stories wrote themselves. Maybe that's not true, but that's the way it felt. They're probably dreadfully awful stories, but they are what they are, grammatical errors and all, but it's now a part of my universe as much as Bliss is a part of my inner world. I meditate, using basic self hypnosis techniques, and I get relaxed, and I repeat the relaxation process going deeper and deeper, till I hear stuff or i fall asleep. If you fall asleep, you will wake up refreshed and go play some video games and start again the next time. and you just keep doing it.

if you don't practice lucid dreaming, I would start reading on that, too, and add that to your practice. i think LD was used with the first pony tulpas... I suck at history, (newspaper!) but someone will correct me on that if I mistaken, or have a precise link... just watch. group mind is awesome!

You got this.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2018, 01:50 AM by solarchariot.)
05-13-2018, 01:36 AM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Flandre Offline
Lucent Qualia
Registered

Threads: 0
Linked Accounts

RE: Trying to understand stuff

In case you do pursue lucid dreaming, we've got a post for it (especially note the link to Dreamviews, where more basic information will be): https://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-...#pid170800

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.
I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.
Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
05-13-2018, 01:45 AM
Find Reply