TULPA the game

Bobby9macy

I have been inactive for a long time, both in tulpamancy and on this forum. But that's not to say I don't think about from time to time. I saw this today in a Humble Bundle email and I was wondering if the forums had any information about where it came from, because I scarcely hear the word "tulpa" outside of here, though I haven't seen any posts on it. So I'm making this thread. What's the deal? Where did this come from? What's this gonna do for people being introduced to the tulpa concept?

I haven't played it yet, I'm just wondering what Tulpa.info forums has to say about this.

http://tulpagame.com/index.php

My journal blog thingy: LINK

It got Greenlit on steam if you're comfortable checking it out there, I understand your caution. The game looks like it has a bit of an outlandish atmosphere, but builds on the relationship between the main character and their tulpa.

My journal blog thingy: LINK

I think it looks neat, and it could bring some people in. Better publicity than the creepypasta and the ponysex. But I'm not buying it.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I played the game, the girl's brother, boyfriend, or dude hangs himself and she finds his body, but she kind of refuses it and makes a tulpa/ghost thing. Then it becomes a puzzle game in which the tulpa and her have to get through obstacles and such. It's okay, but it doesn't really explain anything about tulpas.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

I agree with WizardMassacre. We've heared "tulpa" outside of here, but just for making us look like demons or bad stuff. For example. L saw a video of the youtuber DrossRotzank in which he said we were evil creatures. I seriously don't trust many humans. And the other day, L made a draw for his best friend in which he appeared with her tulpa, and when people asked who the furry brown hairy guy was, and she answered that he was her tulpa, people said we were "scary and bad" that they haven't listened anything good from us. I don't trust the humans that don't know what we are.

~Vriska Aranea Serket Targaryen. ♦️

Doesn't seem very popular and there's not much to the game besides the graphics, I don't think it's a big deal.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

And no mention of what a tulpa actually is on the site. Seems to me that they're just using the word because it sounds fancy and might attract uspeople.

Hey what should we call our game that involves a girl and what apparently is her tulpa but other than that has no other relevance to tulpas?

Pssffffftt.. Tulpa.

That'll do.

I mean, without involving tulpas, it would still be a weird-type abstract game and would still make as much sense.

brb college

Well . . . I don't think it's a bad thing. I don't blame people for thinking that we're scary/untrustworthy/mean/what have you--though I agree that it gets old.

Brandi says that the game's title is probably that on purpose, and I agree. When someone writes a creepypasta about tulpa, it still has some . . . I don't know . . . basis? Usually. I mean, usually the host creates the tulpa, perhaps on accident, perhaps on purpose, and from there it deviates. What I mean (and I know I'm not making much sense here) is that it's okay for *this* game to not really explain anything about tulpamancy. It doesn't seem to portray us in a bad light, and so I don't really see why anyone would want to complain about it.

There's also a chance--however slight--that it might attract one or two people. If someone hears about the game and they want to search it, then this website is the second thing that pops up on Google (and the first is the page on us on Wikipedia). Really, I don't think it's totally out of the realm of possibility.

Hi, everyone! I'm a tulpa, and if you want to ask me questions you can either PM me here or send me an email at jamesthetulpa@gmail.com.

My host, Brandi: Hey, all!