Hello There, Guest! Register

Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media
EdgeLordMaximus Offline
Registered

Threads: 8

RE: Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Not sure if it's mentioned but Dexter, from the show of the same name, has a tulpa like entity of his father that he talks to.
10-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

ShadowsDancing Offline
Registered

Threads: 0

(06-28-2018, 09:38 PM)ShadowsDancing Wrote: &%$^ ninja! That one. 

I am getting a kick out of all the "no, no, that's not Tulpamancy, just MPD/DID." comments. In my experience these things are not mutually exclusive. Wink

Tewi

They very much are, although in the context of saying "Hey, that's sort of like a tulpa" about things, I'm not sure it applies as much. There's still a difference, but most often in media tulpa-like things aren't really trying to be one or the other and so fall somewhere between. Or just as entirely its own thing.

Plenty of multiple/plurals, especially larger system types, engage in Tulpamancy. Most that do so have "full citizenship" options available to the new folks. Saying "not mutually exclusive" is not the same as saying tulpas = multiples = tulpas.
10-24-2018, 01:39 PM
Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 6
Linked Accounts

hm, probably read that wrong, we definitely wouldn't have said people with DID can't practice tulpamancy

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas. I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written.
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
10-24-2018, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
Areolo Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

No one told about "Finding Paradise"?

It's very cool thing, recommend to find and to play, will take not more than a couple of hours. And of course it connects with "tulpa" theme.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2018, 07:04 PM by Areolo.)
11-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Find Reply