Hello There, Guest! Register

Update to glossary
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

Threads: 10

Default  RE: Update to glossary
Wow Reisen, this is going to go really off-topic but I was wondering if someone was going to make similar arguments about family. I thought about it and came to the conclusion that family means so many different things to different people. I could write about it a lot, but it seems like a really cultural thing? Like to some, it's all about blood being thicker than water and all, but to me, I don't think it really implies being one or even being close. It's a very physical connection to me: people I am related to (and this isn't even a must, though it works for many) and people who raised me/was raised with (and I guess who I raised, but eh). I guess here you are given the chance to move out as soon as you're of age without having to worry about money too much, so everyone pretty much does it and then you're on your own. In some other cultures that would be unheard of and you're expected to stick together no matter what.

And I guess that's why I don't consider Roswell a part of my "family". That isn't a bad thing, a "family" is more of a thing that happens whether I like it or not, it's not some peak relationship status to me. We're friends and we live together. Though I guess you could argue that sharing the same body, we are definitely related in some way…

ps we should totally call ourselves tupperware containers make it happen please

We could also use "group" if you really need to refer to everyone: it's not a special term, you wouldn't say "I am a group" but more like "the rest of the group agrees too".

Beatles Wrote:Guys, I don't like the word "host." Let's stop using it and get angry at people who disagree with me.

You know, if you can't handle the fact that people will disagree with you or think your opinions aren't good, maybe places where people can communicate freely on the internet isn't really good for your mental health?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
02-23-2017, 12:02 PM
Find Reply
Beatles Offline
Lyra, Apollo, Piano
Registered

All Accounts Posts: 211

RE: Update to glossary
I can see you're not good at detecting sarcasm.

Brain family - Lyra: host Apollo: 12-week-old tulpa Piano: merged thoughtform
"You think you shouldn't have done that? Well, you did, and now you have to get yourself out of it."
02-23-2017, 01:16 PM
Find Reply
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

RE: Update to glossary
You just sounded more upset than sarcastic, there.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
02-23-2017, 09:07 PM
Find Reply