Basic Method On Practicing Visualization

Nikodemos

Question

So, another visualization guide, meant for those who have difficulties seeing anything at all with their mind's eye. It is quite simple and involves using actual physical objects.

First, pick up an object. It can be a marble, a tennis ball, a Rubik's cube, your piggy bank or anything similar as long as it's relatively simple in shape and fits in your hands. Once you have found an appropriate object, start to examine it thoroughly, feel it's bumps, dips and texture, listen to the voices it makes, smell it's scent, see how it fits in your hand. Do this for as long as you need to in order to have a good feel of it. Once you're done with that, stretch out your arms forward in a way that you can see your object without looking down. Remember where that object and your arms are located in your vision, and close your eyes. Next, start imagining that objects, it's bumps, dips and other properties in the same place in your mind's eye, along with your hands alternatively.

You should see something, the edges of the object, the color of the object or even a fully imagined, 3D object. Repeat this process a few times a day until you can see it clearly. When you have a solid feel for the object, next you should try and manipulate it. Roll it, twist it, squeeze it, anything you can do with your hands, whilst keeping your eyes closed and simply imagining how your manipulation affects the object. Opening your eyes occasionally to see how close you got to the real object looks like when you manipulated it physically with your hands.

Once you feel like you have mastered this, the next step would be to do these exact same things, but not using as many senses this time. You could place it on a table and simply look at it, then visualize it in your minds eye again, moving and manipulating it. Keep this up, gradually moving to more complex shaped objects, until you are able to simply imagine all the objects you want within your minds eye without external input.

This is meant as a guide to practice visualization, and it should help yoh visualize objects better. It worked for me, and I hope it works for you too. Any questions you have regarding this guide, feel free to contact me and ask. Good luck!

-Niko

TL;DR: Get as many senses as possible to visualizing objects, such as touch smell, hearing etc. Gradually work yourself to not needing senses for visualizing in your wonderland.

Name: Dante

Form: Toa Mata Nui, a Bionicle(Amadeus made a sketch of him, kudos!)

Stage: Narration, posession

Being original since July 2012.

Nice idea.

I tried it with not a ball (none here) but this: DVI-Adapter

That shit is rather complicated but I got realistic images in my head.

The problem is: It was never complete. Parts were missing or wrong. Also, it was never persistent. Pictures only flashed up for 2-3 seconds. They were full 3D and I was able to rotate them freely but the time, man. The time.

Feel free to fuck up.

Nice idea.

I tried it with not a ball (none here) but this: DVI-Adapter

That shit is rather complicated but I got realistic images in my head.

The problem is: It was never complete. Parts were missing or wrong. Also, it was never persistent. Pictures only flashed up for 2-3 seconds. They were full 3D and I was able to rotate them freely but the time, man. The time.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a ball, anything that is relatively simple in shape can also do. But at least you managed to get a realistic looking picture in your head with your adapter, even if it was only for a few seconds. Keep on practicing and you should manage to make them last longer.

I just grabbed the first thing being small enough to move around in my hands with ease. Happened to be the adapter.

I trusted myself with being able to do it and I was not totally wrong, luckily.

I will train with this method a lot more, now, since it gives me something to work with. I mess up alot, when I need to make stuff up myself.

Feel free to fuck up.

I'm new to this but I was shocked at how vivid my visualizations were, so I'll share what worked for me.

Basically OP's (Nikodemos') method of complex feeling of the object, but further: imagining what it looks like in different lights, imagining it on things. Imagine how much it weighs, how gravity effects it, imagine it laying on something, imagine holding it and throwing it. Imagine how wind wraps around it, imagine if it makes noise when rubbed. Imagine all possible physical situations, and as in-depth as you can. Keep it up until you can start visualizing so strong that you trip your body out and get an adrenaline rush. It seriously can feel more vivid than an actual memory, and you can really pimp-out your imagination.

And for a Tulpa, imagine the body piece-by-piece that way, and their clothes that way. The more vivid they get, the more you can sense their being. And with memories of vivid moments, you can build even more vividness.

hmm seems worthy too try... so many exercises I'm overwhelmed but i'll try them all.

You can just start with taking a simple shaped object and do the things described above, the key is to make sure your brain believes that the object you are holding is there, and thinking of more and more ways to show how the environment affects on the object helps.

Good luck!

I used a tennis ball, and for the most part its pretty good, its still in my head after a day,though its a still image, I never though to rotate it, I feel like im doing something wrong cause it feels a little easy, it may not be exactly right but I'm never off by more than its general shape

Progress report

"You'll have a Tulpa because you didn't give up" -Koomer

Alright, decided to edit this thread a bit after a long break. It should be clarified and more beginner friendly now. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions regarding my guide!