Hello There, Guest! Register

[Visualization] How to Visualize in First Person
Ranger Offline
~Hippoooos!~
Forum Moderators

Threads: 19
Linked Accounts

RE: How to Visualize in First Person

Overall, I really like this submission. I only have two important issues that need need to be addressed:

(01-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Breloomancer Wrote: Instead of trying to go into the form that you have already imagined, temporarily get rid of that form and move around your feild of view at the elevation that your form would normally stand. After you get comfortable with that[,] imagine having feet beneath you and make your vision bob up and down slightly as you walk.

A couple things here. First, go ahead and fix "field" and add the comma after "that". After that, you should add the context that this is happening in the mind's eye or the wonderland. I know it should seem obvious, but I can see how "move around your field of vision" can translate to a reader literally walking around irl and being very confused. I recommend the former since some people may not have a wonderland.

After you fix those two things, I will approve this for Tips and Tricks. All of the stuff I added bellow would add more a little more meat, but you don't have to add it if you don't want too.

(01-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Breloomancer Wrote: Please note that the following tip was written with the intention of being used by the person in a system who is currently switched in[...]

I can see why Piano recommended this disclaimer since younger Tulpas may have more trouble with this if they have never attempted to possess or switch in before, and I'm glad you added it.

For a more developed system, I don't think it matters too much. I believe in there being one "mind cam", and if I decided to go into first person, Cat would experience herself from my perspective in the wonderland. I can front while staring at my wonderland form. I have to admit- waving at myself is really funny.

(01-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Breloomancer Wrote: , and as a result would probably not be very helpful if you are not switched in.

I disagree, it's a fun challenge to try, but only after the reader mastered your tip first.

(01-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Breloomancer Wrote: It is best to take this process slow so that you are less likely to meet intrusive thoughts blocking you from your goal and so that you are able to get more acclimated to visualizing like this.

What intrusive thoughts are you referring to here? Are they thoughts of discouragement? If not and these intrusive thoughts are specific to this process, you may want to make note of them.

(01-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Breloomancer Wrote: If this process doesn't work on your first try then try again, this time doing it a bit more slowly and maybe meditating beforehand.

It could be an issue if the user has trouble with visualization and they simply need more practice visualizing. In this case, I would recommend letting them take a break and wait until they are getting better results with their visualization.

I'm Cat_ShadowGriffin's Tulpa and I like Hippos! I also like forum games, word puzzles, and chatting about stuff.
Log | Chat | Yay!
04-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Breloomancer Offline
No good trouble maker
Registered

Threads: 7
1 Attached Account

RE: How to Visualize in First Person

Can't believe that I forget to change the spelling of field after piano mentioned it.

I'm not saying that it's not possible to use the perspective of someone who isn't fronting, just that such a thing is out of the scope of this tip, and I haven't made any attempt to make this tip be helpful for such a thing.

The main problem that people have with going into first person is that when they attempt it, they get thrown back to third person. Basically, the problem is a very specific and very common intrusive thought. I find that easing into something typically doesn't trigger intrusive thoughts as much as rushing into things. Furthermore I don't think this has much to do with skill in visualisation, it's just about ability to combat intrusive thoughts

I have a tulpa named Monika who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"
-Me
04-16-2019, 01:41 PM
Find Reply