What does Members Reffered mean?

GrayTheCat

On my profile, I was surprised when I saw a "1" next to the "members referred" label. I kept thinking to myself, "gosh, I wonder who I inspired to join Tulpa.info?"

After looking at some other member profiles, I realized that the "members referred" matched the number of Tulpa accounts attached to the host accounts, and the Tulpa accounts referred to 0 members, and I realized that the member I referred was probably Ranger.

Does "members referred" actually mean how many members were inspired to find Tulpa.info or is it some kind of system counter?

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

when you register an account you can put that someone "Referred" you, which means that's the person that told you about the forum or why you made an account I guess, it doesn't do anything special just gives that person a +1 referred so you know who's helped the forum grow, at least that's the intent of the feature

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

when you register an account you can put that someone "Referred" you, which means that's the person that told you about the forum or why you made an account I guess, it doesn't do anything special just gives that person a +1 referred so you know who's helped the forum grow, at least that's the intent of the feature

Ah okay. I wonder if this could be a slight problem because while Tulpas are referred members, the statistic is really saying this many Tulpas got accounts rather than this many systems registered with Tulpa.info.

I'm not really sure if there's a way to un-do this or a way to prevent Tulpa accounts from inflating the referred members count in the future, unless the new purpose is to track how many Tulpas are comfortable enough with vocality/possession/etc. to get their own account...

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account