Hello There, Guest! Register

What does Members Reffered mean?
Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
Gray the Cat-Griff
Registered

Threads: 23
1 Attached Account

What does Members Reffered mean?

On my profile, I was surprised when I saw a "1" next to the "members referred" label. I kept thinking to myself, "gosh, I wonder who I inspired to join Tulpa.info?"

After looking at some other member profiles, I realized that the "members referred" matched the number of Tulpa accounts attached to the host accounts, and the Tulpa accounts referred to 0 members, and I realized that the member I referred was probably Ranger.

Does "members referred" actually mean how many members were inspired to find Tulpa.info or is it some kind of system counter?

Pretty much my Wonderland form minus the glasses and the fur. I'm not a hippo, I promise.
Ranger now speaks in light blue text, but some of his older posts are in blue text and his oldest posts are in orange text.
11-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 6
Linked Accounts

RE: What does Members Reffered mean?

when you register an account you can put that someone "Referred" you, which means that's the person that told you about the forum or why you made an account I guess, it doesn't do anything special just gives that person a +1 referred so you know who's helped the forum grow, at least that's the intent of the feature

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas. I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written.
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 04:40 PM by Lucilyn.)
11-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Find Reply
Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
Gray the Cat-Griff
Registered

Threads: 23
1 Attached Account

(11-05-2018, 04:40 PM)Lucilyn Wrote: when you register an account you can put that someone "Referred" you, which means that's the person that told you about the forum or why you made an account I guess, it doesn't do anything special just gives that person a +1 referred so you know who's helped the forum grow, at least that's the intent of the feature

Ah okay. I wonder if this could be a slight problem because while Tulpas are referred members, the statistic is really saying this many Tulpas got accounts rather than this many systems registered with Tulpa.info.

I'm not really sure if there's a way to un-do this or a way to prevent Tulpa accounts from inflating the referred members count in the future, unless the new purpose is to track how many Tulpas are comfortable enough with vocality/possession/etc. to get their own account...

Pretty much my Wonderland form minus the glasses and the fur. I'm not a hippo, I promise.
Ranger now speaks in light blue text, but some of his older posts are in blue text and his oldest posts are in orange text.
11-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Find Reply
Vos Online
Administrator
Forum Administrators

Threads: 18

People usually don't pay attention to the referral count anyway so it's probably not something we should worry about.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018, 03:47 AM by Vos.)
11-06-2018, 03:47 AM
Find Reply