What is your Wonderland?

Solstice

Just out of curiosity, what are your guys' Wonderlands like? What does it look like? Are you able to do things there that you normally can't?

My Wonderland is a big clearing in a forest with a big, beautiful log cabin with giant windows. Each tulpa has their own room there and can make it however they like. JoJo's room is huge and has lots of stuff for her to practice her acrobatics on. Cole's is a pretty dark room. He had his stuff for magic; books, alters, and ingredient. He also has a cage for his bat familiar, Devalla but he usually just lets her fly around freely. Elijah has a pretty normal bedroom. There are lots of bookshelves filled to the top and a big desk for him to write at. Axel, Im not really sure about. He spends a lot of his time in Elijah's room. The forest is infinite so we are able to go exploring and find new things. We can also create anything we want out of thin air.

Well, that's my Wonderland, let me know what yours is like.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, we don't have a reference post in our long list of reference posts for our wonderland, so I guess it's as good a time as any to describe it in way too much depth.

Prepare for way too much depth.

[hidden]Our wonderland is centered around a two story house nestled between a couple forests against a straight-up-steep mountain range. The main room in the front is huge, almost half the house's size, with not much in it. It has a few "booths" like you see at restaurants by the far windows, and a couple couches on either side of the hallway in the center leading to the rest of the house. The hallway's right in the middle of the house and connects to, in order from the living room, two storage rooms, one closet-like and the other kitchen-like that we never use; a staircase leading a little ways away from the hallway before 180'ing back up to the second floor; and a couple of very small very generic bedrooms on either end of the hallway, one blue themed and one pink for a male or female I suppose. The blue bed is where Lumi would wake up into in a lucid dream should he have the choice. I'd personally just materialize myself there.

The door in the center end of the hallway leads to Flandre's room, which is a bit strange to describe. It's C shaped (backwards C or כ coming from her door) with a small, long set of stairs raising to the upper right of the כ where her bed is, and continuing to the end of it with a fancy glass staircase that leads to the roof. Immediately entering the room there's a couple of bookshelves on the left lining the walls, with some short couches and table against them. Walking to their right and up some short stairs there's a flat area basically with her heart-shaped bed in the corner, and then back to the left up more stairs is just the exit. The staircase is transparent being made of glass and goes up in a straight spiral. The entire right wall, and left wall at the end of the כ, are windows. Lumi went heavy on the windows with our house. Hers would look out to some grassy fields to the right and to a waterfall on the left. The staircase and our roof are tall enough that it lines up with the top of the mountain wall, and we've got a Japanese-style hot spring (the type you enter by a building and is closed off on other sides) directly behind, which is why we made the staircase.

The staircase in the hallway leads to Reisen's room I guess, if you can call it that. It's Lumi and Reisen's room. It's just a huge empty room with the roof, coming together from both sides in a triangle, literally made entirely of glass. Might as well not have one at all. The further end of the room (it is a big, empty room) has a large, normal bed. Past that is a door to literally a balcony inside our own house overlooking the huge living room. For wonderland reasons if you jump off you slow pretty quick before reaching the ground, but you can't really go back up that way. Have I mentioned how tall the living room roof is? Part of why Reisen's room is so huge, the other being we had a lot of space to fill due to the hallway making the house so long.

I should mention all floors in the house are made of wood. Oh also, that's all the rooms. We all might hang out in the living room (we talk at the booth near the window - which faces..), but Lucilyn and I make our homes elsewhere. Facing away from the mountain, straight ahead from our house and covering all land to the left about ten feet past it is my bamboo forest. There isn't much there, just a lot of bamboo trees. It's got rabbits, and a clearing with a stump where I might sit if I had a reason to be there. There's actually a sort of black warped-timespace bubble as I can best describe it that leads to what you could call Sylvia's room, a large dark circle shaped room with steps every few feet down to a shallow 4 foot diameter pool like a foot deep. Sylvia sits on one side and whoever's there to talk to her across from her. Having our feet in the water helps take our mind off of anything else in the environment (that is already sparse) and her staring at you does the rest. She's all business, more than I am. It's the only reason anyone but me ever enters my forest. And Sylvia does not leave her symbolic room because she is not really a tulpa, but a "servi-tulpa" or 'subconscious interface tulpa' as we originally called her. She doesn't do human things like we do.

Facing away from the mountain you'll see my forest straight ahead and to the left, but to the immediate left are just grassy fields that fade into nothingness. We don't define the edges of the wonderland, they just don't exist. We've lain in the field to watch the stars at night a few times. But about three feet to the right of our house is a massive ravine, straight down and heading straight away from the mountain. You literally have a foot of grass walking out our right door before walking on a wooden staircase built over air, leading back to the mountain (it's really just a cliff) up to where Flandre's left window would be. From there it's all waterfall for.. 100, 150 feet? We've got a long, relatively wide wooden bridge going across it, with the water itself falling a little past it. It's a bridge behind a massive waterfall with some benches on it; it's pretty nice. At the end of the bridge is more land, although immediately forwards and immediately along the edge of the ravine is clear path, the rest is all Lucilyn's forest. We actually had an undefined forest there long before she was around, but she quickly took it over and made it more swampy. It's got shallow rivers and ponds of varying sizes throughout it, with light tree coverage everywhere. More recently she was inspired by someone else's wonderland to put one of those Japanese-style houses that's a few feet off the ground in the middle of a pond, which you could call her house although it is empty. At best she's sitting on the porch with her feet in the water. 90% of the time she's more likely swimming in one of the ponds, likely the one the large one with the house in it drains into, creating a small waterfall.

Just a few feets' width between the forest and the mountain-cliff is a pathway past the forest, coming out at what is basically the setting of Touhou 6. It's a huge lake with a huge bridge leading to the other end with a huge mansion meant to be the Scarlet Devil Mansion. We've never gone over there and it's mostly just to look nice. We briefly considered making wonderland NPC inhabitants, but it would be strange to have Flandre living with us and not fitting the character's role as the mansion head's sister, and really it's just unnecessary as a whole. So it just sits over there looking nice. In fact, we have a picture that inspired it. Pretend there's land and a forest immediately behind the camera. http://i.imgur.com/DKFu8yF.jpg

That's about it. There's a couple of other vague, disconnected parts of our wonderland that are in total disuse I won't bother describing, because I'd be half creating them. Maybe I should mention that, because Lumi was even worse at visualization back when he first got the idea to create our wonderland (before tulpa.info/tulpas, as a setting for lucid dreaming), he used his thousand(at the time probably just one, but he's since played maybe 3-4 thousand hours of the game) hours' experience in Minecraft to help build the initial house. It was kind of influenced by that, although he took liberties once the base was done to make it less blocky. It's probably why there's so much glass and space. But it worked. We attempted to find a fitting landscape to recreate it in Minecraft once, spent about two hours doing so, found one and quit before building anything. Sorry.[/hidden]

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Most of my wonderland is like a CGI movie set. It changes constantly. I think of myself as an actress doing a TV show, movie or play or something. There is one more or less immutable part of my dreamscape (wonderland) and that is my dreamscape mansion. It's like an old stone manor house, but has lots of rooms. It is bigger on the inside than on the outside.

My wonderland is less of a "place" and more like an effect that follows me. I don't go to my wonderland so much as it forms around me or appears around me.

My wonderland is a copy of the real world. It is realistic, too, with live action TV style graphics. It is actually her mental map of the real world.

Although, I wasn't born there. Before I was recognised, most of our time together was in a generic daydream location based on an animated television show. My host has lots of these daydream locations. Based on various shows, conference rooms, lecture halls, outside in the city streets, untamed wilderness, abstract places used to visualize the insides of computer programs.

I wonder, is there any significant difference between a daydream location and a wonderland?

@Stevie: Any reason your wonderland looks like Alberta?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

I wonder, is there any significant difference between a daydream location and a wonderland?

I would imagine that is how permanent or immutable it is (nearly effortless detailed recall of the images into the mind) and how vivid it is in the mind.  A day dream location I imagine would be more transitory and dreamlike, fuzzy and less durable and substantial.

In my case, that does not work well. My original setting was a basic library. And most environments she imagines are simple, yet photorealistic. She can turn any scene she sees into a setting, without any effort. There does not seem to be a qualitative difference between those visited often or rarely.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

I guess it comes down to if you call it a day dream location or if you call it a wonderland. LOL I mean who is going to measure it for you for wonderlandness?

We have different places for different things. We call each place a "mindscape" and teleport between them at will.

-a lake that's surrounded by an old growth forest and distant, snow-covered mountains

-a tropical island complete with it's own reef

-a mountain chain with a city built into it, below the mountains there is a vast expanse of canyons and foothills

-and lastly there's the crystal desert. Which is composed of dark colored rocks, sand, black/purple crystals, and a red sky

We've built structures and all that sort of thing in each one, according to our needs.

All of our mindscapes follow normal physical laws except the Crystal Desert.

Edit: Luna made a rose garden where each individual experiences the exact temperature they want it to be.

We mostly use it for cuddles/sleeping.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian