Hello There, Guest! Register

Which of your opinions and beliefs about tulpamancy have changed over time?
Miri Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

RE: Which of your opinions and beliefs about tulpamancy have changed over time?

(08-09-2018, 06:43 PM)nihi0145632 Wrote: Yeah, Switching is not what I imagined it to be Sad

Welcome to the club

Akai: 5'6 female with red hair, blue eyes and fox ears/tail.
Miri: 5'5 female with brown hair and green eyes.
08-09-2018, 07:43 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Transparent2012 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

First :
Tulpa can reflect the same projection you make it of , for example if he an angel he going to be angel .

Second :
Tulpa is tulpa only , the belief that attached to him while making him , doesn’t change you are making a tulpa but in your unique projection beliefs.

Third : hearing from my tulpa “ yanus “ is the same like psychic medium do , and seeing also visions.
08-30-2018, 05:42 AM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Online
In The Shell
Patron

Threads: 6
Linked Accounts

I read solarchariots responce and in the middle i thought, did i write this? I had nearly the identical thoughts.

Also, just now, i realized i may have been using terms all wrong. I thought passive forcing was inner voice and active forcing was out loud.

Well i just did some research, and i read passive forcing is like sitting next to someone watching a movie, while active is focused attenion whether out loud or inside.

Is this even right yet?

Angry Bear: 6'4", green eyes, brown hair
Ashley: 5'6", 27, amber eyes, brown hair
Dashie: 5'4", 21, dark violet eyes, blue hair
Misha: 5'0", 20, blue eyes, magenta/pink hair
Our Journey
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 11:11 AM by Angry Bear.)
08-30-2018, 11:10 AM
Find Reply
Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
Gray the Cat-Griff
Registered

Threads: 23
1 Attached Account

(08-30-2018, 11:10 AM)Angry Bear Wrote: Is this even right yet?

Yes, this is correct. Passive and Active forcing have nothing to do with speaking out loud. The only difference between the two is how focused you are on your Tulpa.

In the movie theater, you are distracted by the movie. Your conversation with your Tulpa might be you guys commenting on the actor's ugly hair style or whatever. As a result, the conversation is usually shallow. Passive forcing can also occur when doing homework, reading, folding laundry, cooking, playing a video game, etc.

Active forcing is the same thing, only you are in a nice quiet place and you are not doing anything. It can make it easier for the host to hear and process what their Tulpa is saying and the Tulpa has a better opportunity for thinking and talking about a more complex topic. I think some people may like to talk out loud while active forcing because it helps them focus and because they are alone they can get away with it.

Pretty much my Wonderland form minus the glasses and the fur. I'm not a hippo, I promise.
Ranger now speaks in light blue text, but some of his older posts are in blue text and his oldest posts are in orange text.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 11:28 AM by Cat_ShadowGriffin.)
08-30-2018, 11:27 AM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Online
In The Shell
Patron

Linked Accounts

Thanks again Cat

Our Journey
08-30-2018, 11:53 AM
Find Reply
Fantastic Night Dreams Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

At first, I thought Tulpas were just a theory used to explain how Slenderman could come to life. Then I thought that the people making Tulpas were crazy and that they could potentially go wrong and harm you.

But now, I see it as a way to make companions that'll last a lifetime, harmful Tulpas aren't actually that common, and the community is full of people that are both completely normal, sane, and intelligent. It's not voodoo magic, but a psychological science, and that's really interesting!

I'm glad I no longer think such close minded thoughts, and to have a chance to be a part of it!
08-31-2018, 04:23 PM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Online
In The Shell
Patron

Linked Accounts

Hey Mel, I am constantly impressed by the caliber of the users and staff on this forum.

Our Journey
08-31-2018, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 12
4 Attached Accounts

Let's see. Since I accidentally created? tulpas before they were a thing and wouldn't find out about this community for many years, the large majority of my beliefs were painstakingly thought through myself. I'm not comfortable believing in anything I can't explain (even if the explanation is just that I can't know or something like that), so when I accidentally created Reisen through obsession over a character and a couple of music videos I watched all the time, it took some figuring out. I loved Reisen, and when Flandre and Tewi spontaneously appeared at the same time some time later it became pretty hard not to try and explain their existences. I'd never had imaginary friends as a kid, and I never really thought of them as spirits or anything (wasn't totally sure if I believed in spiritual stuff or not), so the most logical explanation was that I was making them up myself. But they seemed totally independent, and Reisen said and thought about things that utterly clashed with my own ways of thinking. Namely that I was (depressed) cynical and thought that happy people were ignorant and that the human race was corrupt and doomed to die out, or something like that. Meanwhile Reisen loved everyone and everything ("unconditional love"), saw human life as beautiful, and held these beliefs in my own mind despite knowing my ""logical"" reasonings behind how I felt. Since I loved her (and couldn't see her as ignorant obviously), I figured there must be something to her beliefs - and, more relevant to this thread, to whatever she was.

I actually ended up coming to roughly the same conclusions as the tulpamancy community would, that the brain was capable of "being" more people than just the host and all that. Finding the forum four years later in 2014 was crazy, but it validated my own thoughts on my "tulpas" as not just nonsense. It was surprising just how well everything matched up in fact. After some dang extensive reading for a day or two of like every thread posted in in the last year, I was basically able to start giving advice and answering questions myself.

The only things I can think of that changed are I learned about the concept of switching (something that would never in a million years have occurred to us), and I started thinking of both my own tulpas and others as people and not "just tulpas". Up until then my three tulpas had all represented something (Tewi represented intuition, Reisen unconditional love, and Flandre humanity), which just seemed normal to me. Even when I created Lucilyn in 2015 I intended for her to represent motivation, but I quickly dropped that as she was far too much of her own person to think of her as "representing" something so singular. Also, she more or less represents fun and togetherness now in my opinion anyways. Not as a tulpa, but as a person. Reisen is still a major representative of unconditional love to me, though. Flandre and Tewi are more or less just people. They're all unique, but that's the biggest thing that changed, that I stopped thinking of them as representing something.

Anyways, I've rounded out my beliefs on how tulpas work and what they even are over the years, from my own thoughts and all the posts I've read on this forum. That's quite a few. I mean there's thousands of posts by us now, and we read much much more than we post ourselves, so it's safe to call it 10,000-30,000 posts? Rough number since so many are ones like the one above me and yet others are paragraphs upon paragraphs. The forum says "Our members have made a total of 209,268 posts in 14,381 threads.", so it may well be more than that, since I've read everything posted outside of Progress Reports and Forum Games since I joined. So more than anything my beliefs have been rounded out and reinforced rather than changed since I came here.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
09-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Find Reply