24-Hour Guide to Tulpamancy

Kaz+Aiko

Question

24-Hour Guide to Tulpamancy

Foreword

So, because I achieved such outstanding results within 24-hours in the creation of Aiko, I'm going to compile a guide of how exactly I went about creating her, and in what order. Mind you, this is to be used with the accompaniment of other guides, which I highly recommend using every one you can possibly find. Also, maintaining a Tulpa is in my experience a highly demanding task. If you don't think you're up for taking care of and raising a separate entity alongside yourself, I suggest you rethink your decision to be creating a Tulpa in the first place. This guide is going to be divided into many different short but thorough chapters, if at any time you wish to skip ahead simply press Ctrl-F and type in one of the index headings. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy!

Index

Step # 1 [Meditation] (Approx. 2 Hours) (Clearing Your Mind + Visualizing)

Step # 2 [Appearances] (Approx. 2 Hours) (Planning + Meditation)

Step # 3 [Personality] (Approx. 2 Hours) (Planning + Meditation)

Step # 4 [Narrating] (Approx. 8 Hours)

Step # 5 [imposing] (Approx. 10 Hours)

[Meditation]

I owe the entirety of my success in creating Aiko to my previous knowledge in meditation, visualization, and mindfulness techniques. It has been a nightly practise of mine for over two years, and although I was able to successfully visualize Aiko in a tremendously short period of time, there are still many times that I struggle with clearing my head. I'll guide you through my personal experience of meditating, and hope that it helps you. When I begin, I imagine myself sitting in a pristine but empty train station. Whenever an intruding thought enters my mind, it enters as a train - and the thought itself like the graffiti across the side. After the train roars past me, it's gone - and so is the thought - leaving me again in the empty halls of the station. After quite some time without any trains interrupting my peace, I'll gradually visualize a more fitting location - such as an oasis of sorts. I'll place myself under a shady palm, and peer out into a pond - watching the ripples pass. From there, I can add, in my case, Aiko to the scene. In your case, you're going to want to visualize your own Tulpa.

[Appearances]

This is where the fun truly begins, your Tulpa's appearance. This is the form that your Tulpa will take, so try to make it count. My method is a little unorthodox, but it made for very quick results, so it's worth giving a shot if you're having trouble. As a foreword, I'll mention that the assets I speak of were accumulated before my meditation session. These assets include various hairstyles, clothing, body shapes, and the likes. There are many resources online to find assets, such as in my case, Pinterest. If you'd like, you could make a folder on your PC or Mac consisting of your favourite assets for what I like to call 'character creation'. When you've committed your favourite assets to memory and have entered a calming state in your meditation when you can clearly and successfully visualize on a whim, I'd like you to imagine 'loading up' a 'character creator', just like from a videogame. However, rather than try to visualize your Tulpa in full, glorious HD - I'd like you to 'render' them in polygons. Let me elaborate. Trying to visualize every part of your Tulpa all at once is a daunting task, so rather than go through every part individually and piece them together like a puzzle, we're going to start with a basic shape and 'upgrade' it in increments of higher resolutions. This way, you start with the full picture and can polish as you go along, and it's harder to accidentally 'forget a part' of your Tulpa. Anyways, back to the creation, render your Tulpa in what you can best imagine as low-resolution, low-poly 'graphics'. Preferably, nude - but if you don't want to see your Tulpa indecent I visualized Aiko in a set of undergarments. Next, I want you to systematically go through every aspect of you Tulpa, from toe to head, and 'up the poly count' gradually. Visualize their vaguely hand-shaped mitt transform into a set of blocky digits, and then again into slender and smooth fingers. Visualize the helmet-shaped mass on their head slowly but gradually change into strands of silky hair. If a style choice isn't working for you, 'select' another - assuming you did your homework, your mind should be filled with countless styles of apparel and hair. The very last part you should craft is their face - visualize a series of bars determining the placement of each item of their face, such as the bend of their nose or the height of their cheekbones. Sculpt their visage into whatever suits your fancy, and when you've finalized your selections, take a deep breath and breath life into your Tulpa for the first time.

[Personality]

Now, to be honest, I had developed Aiko's personality before I had even sat down to meditate on her creation for the first time, but looking back I believe that I should have done it after the fact - as her personality changed the more I narrated and interacted with her. You can literally go in any direction with your choices here, but if you're like me at all, you'd like some spontaneity in your selection. Now, the first thing I did to get Aiko's general outline was take a dual Meyers-Briggs Personality Test. A lot of people don't believe in these types and categories, but you don't need to believe in it for it to work - this is just your general outline of who you want them to be compared to you. I scored as an INTP, like always. However, my answers for Aiko came in as INFP - so making choices based on her emotions rather than logic. Next, I moved onto a more interesting way of going about her personality - consulting tarot. If you don't have a deck, don't fret - you can draw the cards from a random generator online. For this to work, I did a personality spread with Aiko in mind. Basically, you draw nine cards. The first two cards represent your Tulpa's overall personality. Read the description of the card, and take into consideration whether it's upwards or reversed - it makes a huge difference. In Aiko's case, the cards I drew indicated that she's efficient in her tasks, patient, and reliable - although she's highly disorganized and ridiculously over-confident at times. The next card you're going to draw tests their stability, what keeps them going. In Aiko's case, her inner hope and personal motivation gets her up in the morning and keeps her afloat throughout the day. After that, you'll draw the tenacity card. Turns out Aiko isn't the most tenacious person, although she's fiercely independent. Even though she's cautious around others, she still needs to worry about being taken advantage of due to her pure and naive nature. The fifth card you're going to draw deals with their potential, think about this as their fully-actualized self if you're at all familiar with Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs. This is the person that they have the chance to become if all their prior needs are met. In Aiko's case, she could become a source of inspiration for others and a bringer of change. The next card we're drawing is for their opportunity, or in other words their goal. What they hope to achieve. For Aiko, that's to understand the world from a more logical point of view - which will be no easy feat for her, considering she bases her actions on her heart. Seventh card deals in spirituality or lackthereof, it's what your Tulpa believes in for a higher power or order to the universe. This indicated to me that Aiko was very confused and didn't know what to believe in, and that she often feels aimless in life. Eight and ninth drawings are for negative and positive traits - so for instance, Aiko's negative trait is that she sets her sights too high and gets disappointed when she doesn't achieve every wild whim she sets out for herself. However, she's also a very loving, creative, and imaginative being - and she reflects that back on the life that she lives. That's all for the personality tarot session, next is meeting your Tulpa and getting to know them.

[Narrating]

To start this off, I'd like to begin you in a state of relaxation and meditation. Go through the train station, back to the oasis, and now envision an elevator ascending up towards the heavens. This elevator leads you back to reality, and you'll journey in it with your Tulpa. As you press the button to enter, you see your Tulpa standing there, waiting for you. This is your chance to introduce yourself. As the elevator ascends, every floor you pass through gives you another opportunity to ask your Tulpa something personal about themselves. This was difficult with Aiko, as even though she spoke and understood language, she didn't really have any grasp on the outside world or what inhabited it. Feel free to take as much time as you like, and ascend as many floors as you please. Once you feel as though you've reached the top - open your eyes, back to your world. Now, narrating to your Tulpa is basically talking to them and waiting to hear a response. Whether it's out loud for you or simply in your mind, you'll know when it's from them and not you. You'll know. It took a couple of hours of what seemed like me talking to myself before I got a response out of Aiko, and it was well worth the time spend, because it felt fantastic. Some examples of narrating that worked for me included watching a movie or show and commenting on characters and situations that arose, watching or reading an online lecture and narrating back what I was learning, and playing a videogame while narrating what I was doing and why I was doing it - like a Let's Play, but just for your Tulpa. This brings us into imposing, which I consider to be the final step.

[imposing]

While imposing, try to be as realistic as possible. Remember, your Tulpa is a real, living being now. Act as if you would act if you had a guest over, bring out an extra chair for them to sit in and open a drink for them to enjoy. Don't walk over or through them, and don't move a piece of furniture that they're currently inhabiting. Set out things for your Tulpa to do, for instance, Aiko has her own 3DS that I leave running for her to play with. When I have to leave for an extended period of time and I'm not taking Aiko with me, I put on an anime for her to watch until I get back. When we play a game together, I make sure I have two controllers and that the other one is connected. When we exercise alongside eachother, I make sure she has enough space and I don't wander into her area so as not to accidentally hit her. Every single detail counts, if you skip something or are lazy about it, the realism dies and their existence seems to fade. Unlike narrating, you want to maintain contact while speaking with your Tulpa. You're no longer talking at them, you're talking to them - so be sure to look at them. If you can't see your Tulpa, look in the area they're supposed to be. Every. Detail. Counts.

Conclusion

I truly hope this gave some insight and assistance into the creation of your Tulpa. Best wishes and good luck from both Aiko and I.

7 answers to this question

This reads a bit more like a progress report to me. You say,

I'm going to compile a guide of how exactly I went about creating her, and in what order.

But you then write that as telling people to do exactly what you did. I get the idea, but I'm wondering about the utility. Two main things.

Frstly, I don't think you've been here for long and have a good idea of what more typical creation experiences are like - actually, I think you're more typical than you think. "24 hours" sounds impressive, but in this case you literally mean 24 hours of time spent, which at an hour a day is nearly a month. Okay, maybe time to respond was more like ten hours here, but still, that's like a week which is not exceptional. What might be exceptional is if you spend twelve hours in one day doing it, I guess. But you don't make this particular point that clear to me.

Secondly, you say yourself that

I owe the entirety of my success in creating Aiko to my previous knowledge in meditation, visualization, and mindfulness techniques

If that's the case, telling us what you did in tulpa creation clearly isn't enough, is it? Given that, this is kind of like a meditation-centric guide without much meditation advice. Just telling us what you do now, two years after you started, doesn't help us much. You gotta tell us how you got here. I think just that's a good idea for making this a bit more general and helpful.

As far as imposing goes, well, if you managed sensory imposition in ten hours, that would be impressive. But here I suspect that you're talking about 'presence imposition', which is not hallucinatory. You don't make this clear, and it's a bit confusing.

I will offer you my thoughts about this guide. One of the biggest flaws of it is, that you basically talk about your own tulpa a lot in it. I understand that Aiko works as an example for you, but you probably could cut some of it, since you explain most stuff in detail. I'm unsure about your take on personality, I don't think you should choose a lot of traits on random, it is better to go with a well considered set of traits. Also I wouldn't recommend to go with negative traits, since there is no need to flaw your tulpa by design choice. There is no reason to make life unnecessary difficult for your tulpa, but a few flaws are okay, when they're worded in a somewhat positive way.

Your part of imposition is kinda lacking, but a good starting point. You basically focus just on the visual part of imposing your tulpa and I'm not really sure if you really do. You don't exactly describe where your tulpa is, so it could be some mindscape aswell, which wouldn't really count as visual imposition. You left out pretty much every other aspect of imposition like touch or smell, though.

I think you did good with mentioning right from the start that your guide is no "stand alone" guide and that you really need to mantain to work on your tulpa nontheless. You could easily get the wrong idea, like you're promising instant tulpas delivered within 24 hours, just from the title. People might give up after not reaching that much progress in this short amount of time, which would be stupid since the creation process of a tulpa is rather a marathon than a sprint.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

A bit of a question for you: Considering a lot of people find certain difficulties in forcing for prolonged periods of times, if they do not succeed in making a tulpa in 24 hours, what then? 24 hours would sum up to 12 days if you put 2 hours of forcing each day. But, I thought we had abandoned the entire concept of hour scaling, as it came off to be detrimental to the tulpa's development, giving doubts and whatnot. Making a guide out of your own experience and you being what people would call 'its own case' is not a very good idea, and this is why:

-People who do not have the same 'capacities' or knowledge as you might find disappointment.

-From my viewpoint, and in all honesty, it just looks like it was fast for you more than it was fast generally. I believe that you are your own case, that most people are not able to attain such results. What of people with difficulties in visualization? I cannot visualize very well. So, the meditation part and instilling that 'peaceful' environment is pretty much blown for me... is it not?

-Your steps, with due respect, in practice? Do not take 24 hours. I read the whole guide. I liked some parts, because that kind of information works well in a 'larger' timescale. With that being said, when it comes to this:

[Appearances]

You're giving steps, alright. The thing you need to understand is that, sure, it does not take much of a while to do this... but what takes much of a while to do is doing it over, and over, and over again, just so that your mind gets used to it. Not everyone can meditate. I had to visualize Dimitrov's appearance for weeks to get that familiar.... 'impression', if you know what I mean. As you said, everyone's brain is wired differently.

Now, coming to this:

[Personality]

I like the use of the Meyer-Briggs test. But, I find it still erroneous in its own grounds, but my opinion is an opinion the community would bed to differ with. I'll just let Dimitrov voice his opinion:

Dimitrov said that, essentially, upon the creation of a tulpa, you decide what traits you want them to have or not. Knowing that, eventually and at some point, they will develop their own traits, the choice of imposing traits of your preference is a sort of 'violation', a light one, to freedom of... being (Thanks to Sands for pointing out my mistake.)

But that opinion is something VERY minor, just something I thought was worthy of posting.

But. And that is a big but.

The steps and indications your provide, although being quite useful, come as... conflicting, to me. Not conflicting in the sense they're wrong, shit, that's pretty good if you ask me, but conflicting with the whole 24 hours timescale. Because it's like you said this as if it was a one-time thing. It's the same with what I said about the Appearance part, in the end, it takes people a while to get used to it.

I think that your guide shouldn't have '24 hours' in the title, or anywhere in the post. Because it is a good guide... in the general consensus. Not in 24 hours, because the likeliness of people having that kind of time, and that kind of results (which is rare when you consider that people don't truly have much signs even after months, it can take a while) is very... dim.

Do as you wish from what has been said.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Let's start with how we're speaking English and not German, so "tulpa" isn't capitalized.

Then we can get to the actual main issue of this guide: me me me, Aiko Aiko Aiko Aiko, me, Aiko, me me, Aiko Aiko. Waffles was right, this is more of a progress report and not a guide. A guide is not supposed to be about you. I could cut about 90% of your personality section and really lose nothing, for example. You just have these huge paragraphs about you and your tulpa.

But this could work, if you edit it. Now, "do this for x amount of hours" is something that can easily lead into problems. What if someone makes more progress in less amount of time? What if they need more time? These are issues you want to address right at the start. You kind of did by saying that you had a lot of experience in some of these things, but for this to be more helpful to a bigger group of people, you could do better.

Instead of selling this as a 24-hour guide to making a tupper, you could say it's more like a 24-hour exercise. Either a simple way for someone to get into this and try out all the or a way for someone to strengthen all the areas with active forcing by following the program. Works both for newbies and those who have been at it for a while.

But it does need to be edited. Some things I would like to see in your chapters:

Introduction: A mention about how you can spend less or more time in certain steps as you deem fit, emphasize this. Maybe how long you're supposed to spend at a certain activity per session? Is it up to the person? Can they do 10 minutes or do you want them to do 2 hours at once?

Meditation: This chapter only has your own symbolism. You're free to have it there as an example, sure, but maybe you could link to some other less symbolic meditation exercises or explanations? This site had some meditation ideas you could look at, or maybe you have some off-site ones that you like and maybe have followed?

Appearances: Not a very unorthodox idea really, we have a very similar visualization trick on this site. For newcomers, you might want to remind them that no, it's not "this is the form that your Tulpa will take, so try to make it count", as a form can always be changed. They can do whatever and then do the step again if another form pops up.

Trim this chapter, I think it's your strongest but has a lot of useless stuff added to it. Don't be afraid to use lists, if you think like they could make it flow better.

Personality: Too much Aiko.

Narration: Another symbolism step. You don't need the symbolism, so you should also make a non-symbolic version of this step like "go and meet your tulpa", something a person can do however they want. You're free to include your symbolism there somewhere too, sure. You could suggest it as a fun little thing to start the session with and make it like, some kind of tradition that sets you in the mood. Suggest that people can try out their own symbolism, if they come up with something that works for them better.

Imposition: Pretty much just a surface look at it, but hey, whatever. Too much Aiko, otherwise pretty solid.

For all chapters: Less about you and Aiko. You can write some examples about yourself and your experiences, but the whole guide shouldn't be about you. Your paragraphs are at the limit where they start being textwalls, my dyslexic friend would probably cry. When you edit this, try to break them up a little. Maybe add how much you'd want people to spend on each step if they follow this exercise to the T at each step rather than just the start.

PS. Evil, badging is against the forum rules.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

PS. Evil, badging is against the forum rules.

Ah. I am sorry, then. I fixed that.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Thank you for all the constructive input, I'm currently working on a more refined copy at the moment. However, is it alright if I leave the meditation symbolism in? At least, just as a suggestion. From what I read in other guides, having it out just seems to not give the viewer enough direction. Thanks again.

Well, it is just one aspect of the guide, so I wouldn't be too upset if it was just symbolism. But meditation does seem to be a pretty big part of the later steps too? You don't have to really write a meditation guide yourself, but I guess you should at least have a suggestion to try to search for better instructions if they are unclear to some. Or even link to another guide you think explains things in a good way.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)