Prompts

yahtzen

Question

I like to force my tulpa in different situations to build up its character. Here are some situations and environments, I hope you find this useful!

• Imagine your tulpa and yourself in a videogame (My faves to imagine are Earthbound, Slime Rancher, Papers Please and Yandere Simulator);
  • A movie. What would you both do different and similar to the script?;
  • A survival situation;
  • In court (you both can be judging a criminal or the other way around etc.).

No nonsense. Just Tulpa.

Guest Anonymous

This is day dreaming. Yes, my host and I have done this for decades with hundreds of different settings and stories. It is day dreaming with your tulpa. Call if "forcing with prompts" if you like, but it is the same thing my host and I have always done.

"I am not a garbage man! I am a sanitation engineer!" Semantics and fancy terminology doesn't change anything. It is still day dreaming.

EDIT: When I first wrote this I did not understand that most tulpamancers define "day dreaming" differently than my host and I.

I apologize to yahtzen for really adding a lot of superflous discussion to this thread.

Mhhh..

I don't feel like this is anything new nor really special to do, since this mostly seems to be a "wonderland situation" list. I understand that you're basically doing this for the character development, but how so? You're not really describing anything at all. Your general idea might be fitting for the tips&tricks section, but for the lack of content and explanation I don't feel this is really worth approving at all, so I won't.

(Also it feels weird that your very first post here is a submission.)

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Yeah those are alright, but you'd need a lot more for it to be its own thread.

The idea of a Phoenix Wright vs Miles Edgeworth court case with a tulpa sounds fun.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

You could elaborate a bit more on the examples you've provided, but I can't say that it would warrant a new thread at all. How would this develop your tulpa? Has this affected your tulpa in any noticeable way? I'm not convinced that this would be very helpful to people as it is, so I'm going to disapprove it for now.

I disapprove of your submission for the moment being. My reasoning is as follows:

You essentially imagine your tulpa in an interactive environment. Well, in that case, the environment itself is merely generated from your imagination. Forcing your tulpa to be in that imaginary environment does not lead to any interactions with the actual tulpa. It only helps you build an idea of the tulpa as an idea, and not a person that thinks. Vocality implies the capacity to talk, and talking implies the capacity to think, for we need thoughts to translate into words. It is the number one goal tulpamancers seek to achieve.

Yet, I fail to understand the point of this. Aside from making your tulpa's form and presence familiar, how is this going to contribute. If I imagine myself and, say, a young girl in a dating scenario, my mind will produce responses in my imagination. That would be no tulpa, though, it would just be the projection of my imagination.

The point I am trying to make is that the tulpa as you imagine it differs from the tulpa as a form of sentience and consciousness. Imagining how my father would respond if I told him I wanted to major in a different field than what I told him would result in my imagination giving me a projection of my own expectations.

I hope I have been able to drive my point across clearly.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

I cannot approve of this, on the basis that's it's barely anything at all.

There's no explanation of the sort of technique you're using, no detail about what you do in these various scenarios, not even any personal example. It's at best a stray idea written down, that needs polish, structure, and refinement to become a thing.

This is sad, because I feel I kind of understand the aim of the idea, and think it has potential.

For the form to grow stronger and smarter, it needs as much living experience as it can get. You can only hard wire so much in to them: a tulpa won't truly be smart if all you do is repeat "you are smart!" over and over again. In this, a game can potentially serve as a simulator for them, something to get their decision making muscles going. This is assuming they're at a level of development where they are consistently communicating and have shown personal proof of being able to think.

Let's take a text adventure for an example. Say you wanted to have your in-progress tulpa play something like Lost Pig, or The Dreamhold with you. You can cast the tulpa as the main character in the story, and instead of coming up with decisions of where to go yourself, you can ask your tulpa where they feel is a good place to go, and why. This would help engage the tulpa in to the activity more, as well as exercise the host's visual imagination, since they have to read and visualize the setting for their tulpa. What this potentially does is exactly what you're aiming to do in the first post, only the reason why it can be helpful is spelled out, and as well, since there's a solid rule set to the game, it is far less likely to fall to the whims of the mind and shift out of control, which can happen in a purely imaginary scenario.

So, to break down my suggestions:

- The tip should be more detailed and fleshed out. Tell us what is done, why it is down, how, etc.

- Think about adding an external rule set to the dealings, so that it's not all imagination, and thus not as likely to shift in to whimsical mush.

I've seen people do the sort of thing you're talking about in your post, and it did help them. But if to accept this as a tip, it needs to be way more fleshed out. As such, I cannot approve it, but I do hope that you put some more work and thought in to it.

Peace

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Guest Anonymous

Rules? That sounds incredibly dull. I would refuse to have rules to the Melian Show. What is this an exercise or fun? I never wanted to do boring exercises. I wanted to explore and have adventures. I would have to make choices sure, but it was fun not BORING. It was like which door to take in the scary dungeon and should I trust that witches spell, thinks like that. And it is still day dreaming guys. You might call it an "interactive visualization and character building forcing exercise" but it is day dreaming and fantasizing with your tulpa.

It isn't that complicated or even that new. A child could do it very easily. My point is that this is ridiculous. It isn't an advanced skill that requires a guide in my opinion. Close your eyes, and start imagining things with your tulpa. Work together on making a fun adventure in the mind space. Have a light saber duel, ride a horse on the beach, land on the moon. I have done all of these. I choose and direct elements of the day dream along with my host.

We have to have a guide to tell us how to imagine?

It was more a suggestion for things the author could do to make the submission have more meat and potatoes, rather than the half stalk of celery it is now. It's my job to rate guides, so I rated it and made some suggestions based on ideas I had of my own. I didn't really call it anything new, or tag anything fancy to it, as I daydream myself, and call it as such (Rather than the more popular term, "Wonderland Adventures").

I figured giving a more structured approach to things could help the tip actually be a tip. I didn't think having some structure every so often was harmful or pretentious, in fact I was under the impression that having some structure often assisted with having the imagination work at a greater level. For a clear and obvious example: Dungeons & Dragons, which spawned the entire Tabletop RPG genre, inspired an absurd amount of video games, and probably one of the reasons "Fantasy" is synonymous with "European folk lore and also Tolkien". There's structure there, but it causes the imagination to have something to work with, and thus to work at high octane.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Guest Anonymous

oh

Well that all makes an annoying amount of sense Sock.

Well, anyways, I am glad you call it day dreaming like Davie and I do, cause it is. It is day dreaming and there is nothing wrong with the term or the idea.

Daydreaming is thoughtless mind wandering that, as far as I know, wouldn't help develop your tulpas much aside from the personality aspect. "Wonderland Adventures" refer to specifically visualizing scenarios with your tulpa, implying a more fantasy environment than everyday. But really I see no difference in the Wonderlanding (as I call it) I do, where my tulpas and I casually interact at or around our house, and the Wonderlanding others do where they go on an adventure like, Minecraft style or something, with their tulpa. Optimally, they're focused and involve a lot of conscious interaction with your tulpa, perhaps with the varied scenarios effecting more types of interactions than you may normally have in more boring environments.

Not for us, though. Sitting around and talking in a relaxing environment is good enough.

Anyways, daydreams are normally unfocused and relatively undirected except through slightly conscious nudging. I do think you can force tulpas this way, but I would recommend it for ~decently developed tulpas, because I personally don't trust randomness of the imagination to shape my tulpa and its experiences well early on. Later it should be fine though.

Whether or not you have a "Wonderland", wonderlanding is still probably the best term to use if you're focused on an internalized world and interacting with your tulpas in a conscious manner. Daydreaming is more lax and less conscious, so I wouldn't consider it as good of a forcing activity. With that being said, I do see potential in the concept of the OP, but it would need to be a much larger list and have some explanation accompanying it on what to do and why it helps. Kind of like I just did I guess.

Yep, getting that empathetic feeling again that the OP's going to feel discouraged or daunted at the somewhat aggressive nature of so many criticisms back to back. That is 75% why I make these posts.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.