Hosts: How would your system change if you could start over?

I would like to start this off with an intimidating word wall, but i am going to wuss out and just say 'nothing'.

Seriously though, i'm one of those cases where the system just happened, if those brilliant individuals never existed, then i would have had one tulpa, now that i know better, it would have been Dashie (not knowing anything else about my other tulpas) because her thoughtform equivalent was my favorite. (A tough girl with a massive heart.)

So what would you change about your system, if you could, now that you know better?

EDIT: tulpas, it's just a thought exercise, please don't take it the wrong way.

We've made to much progress to want to start over. And anyway I think that I really lucked out and accedentally made all the right decisions

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

First, I would get imposition down before starting with their creation, that way I could be able to see them from day 1, which would be great. Second, I would get my shit together, they don't deserve this mess of a host. Wonderland immersion would be something that I would want to get right before, that would make forcing sessions waaay more interesting than just sitting there imagining stuff.

I would start their creation during summer, for them to get as much attention as possible. I would keep all of it a secret to people IRL, keeping my relationships with others away from tulpamancy. NO PROCRASTINATION, you don't know the unholy amount of times I've procrastinated my forcing sessions, and I hate myself for that. I would have developed their personalities in a well organized way, creating them slowly without skipping importants parts of their personalities, etc, etc. Yes, I know nothing of that is neccessary, but I would have liked to.

Of course, I would have kept a damn progress report, I only wrote the first day of Akai's creation and that's about it, I wish I did it from day 1 to now. Writting this made me realized that I could have done this way better than I did, why am I like this.

My tulpas would probably love me more, they insist they do anyways but I can do better. I don't think they would have changed that much, Miri would be as developed as Akai since I would have created them at the same time, but nothing else I guess.

The only thing I would change is how i treated Myrtle and cherry when they first pop up, Especially cherry. The fear of Intrusive thoughts and random malicious thought entities popping up made me made some bad decisions in my early days that i want to forget or change.

Although, because of those events they are who they are today.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

Guest LanceReilyn

I guess I' can't really contribute here. The last time I started to think "man, sharpening up these skills is taking a while" I looked over at a callender and, well yeah, I've had Reilyn as a tulpa for... 22 days. Have been forcing and working at it with intent for about another two weeks before that. It actually keeps it in perspective for me, like.. why can't she possess yet? Oh yeah, because shes still pretty much some sort of mind toddler. Yeah, that earned me a sassy remark but she deserves it for the Meow video. ;P

We've discussed this internally plenty of times, and the point that sticks out the most is that there would definitely be less tulpas in this head if the host could start over. That isn't to say that each member of our imaginary cabal isn't valued, but sticking to one would've likely made creation feel more personal.

I would treat my tulpas seriously from day 1 and make sure they got the attention they needed. When I started I didn't think of tulpas as anything but "this cute little thing people have", that, I feel, should've been different. My views changed once I realized what tulpas really were once mine showed proper emotion, thankfully.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

Assuming I get to start over with Ranger, I have a question: Do I have to assume that the time period is the same? If not, then I wish this happened a little earlier so we were better prepared for the future.

First of all, I would liked to have a better idea of how head pressures and narration work. As almost a running gag, Ranger told the story to everyone of me trying to narrate my teaching him the alphabet. The second thing was head pressures gave me a sense of support, and I lost confidence and started to have the most trouble with doubt. Once I regained my faith in those, Ranger had enough time to develop and I had enough time to relax.

I wish I knew that switching starts off as fronting and slowly builds to possession and then switching. It was a big demotivator for me at the time, and I wish I knew that...

I also wish that I knew that I didn't have to beat myself up every time I couldn't get a clear visualization of the wonderland during a forcing session. That was demotivation I could have done without as well.

And finally, I also regret not spending as much time on the "last one to post wins!" thread. It's really meaningful to have good off-topic discussion here and if anything, Ranger and I met some friends on the IRC and now discord by chatting with others online.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

[redacted]

Edited by JGC
"External things are not the problem. It’s your assessment of them. Which you can erase right now.”

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

If there was one thing I would change, it's my laziness. I have been tulpamancing since about January, and have practically nothing in my wonderland, despite my tulpa's desires to have a home. I have also made some subjective mistakes with my second tulpa, essentially forcing her into quirks and traits that didn't fit her starting form and her having some emotional issues with it. But either way, my tulpae and I have strong bonds and love things the way they are.