Lucid Dreaming Advice

Redacted System

Hi everyone,

I've already talked about this in our progress report. The four of us want to lucid dream together, and I suck at reality checking and using a dream journal.

Mainly, I don't have time to write in a dream journal in the morning because I'm usually rushing to get ready for school after someone else runs into my room to get me up, and I'm afraid of doing reality checks in any room where someone else is present (other than my tulpas).

We're posting here for advice. I'm not good with wonderland immersion or visualisation so I'm hoping this could help me.

I am able to get lucid dreams every night by using WILD (wake induced lucid dreaming). Basically what you do is you get into bed and lie down. Now you have to totally relax your muscles, including loosening your jaw and letting your tung hang freely in your mouth. This may be kind of uncomfortable, but it is necessary for this to work. You also want to have your eyes closed.

Next you are going to stay completely still (if you swallow reflexively due to syliva build up that is fine, but don't do it on purpose). However you must keep your mind active; you could sing a song in your mindvoice or talk to your tulpas, those are easy ways to stay aware in my experience.

Eventually you should enter sleep paralysis, you will know this because your body feels heavy and you can't move it. Don't get worried when this happens, it is a good sign that you are getting there.

At some point during the sleep paralysis you should start seeing colors and hearing sounds, this is called being in a hypnogogic state, and it is what allows us to do WILD. You need to interact and shape your hypnogagia into a dream, and once you've don't that you will be lucid dreaming!

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

There are reality checks that you can do without anyone noticing, like counting your fingers or reading something twice (texts tend to change in dreams), something extremely easy to do is try to remember how you got where you are, i.e, you're in school and suspect you may be dreaming, stop and think how you got there, if you can't remember then you're dreaming, either that or you have very poor memory but you get the point.

Pinching your nose is very effective too (you try to breath and if you can then you're in a dream), if you don't want anyone to notice you, just cover your nose with your both hands as if you were blowing your nose, I've done this lot of times in front of people and no one has ever looked at me. When doing reality checks try to truly question whether or not you're dreaming, don't just do them on auto-pilot, try to be aware of both your enviroment and yourself.

About the dream journal, even if you have good dream recall, it's better if you keep one, it can do wonders trust me. If you can't write when you wake up, try to keep the dream in your mind till you can write it, even if you only remember random words.

Check out DreamViews because they've got lot of information, tips, tricks, guides and discussions about it.

I get into WILD the same as Breloomancer, however i don't ever get sleep paralysis for some reason. In normal dreams, I've hit the wall, slapped myself and literally put things into my mouth that were on the bedstand. In WILD i similarly don't get sleep paralysis and can even ride the line between awake and asleep without interrupting the process. (I am also prone to sleepwalking) The more relaxed i am, the stronger the experience is, but if i'm too tired i slip into a regular dream or sleep.

What we usually do is communicate through imposed audio, (auditory hallucinations) but i've also gotten clear and vivid adventures with them. Mostly i fall asleep and it ends.

Here's my large post on lucid dreaming that should serve as a good introduction: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-great-shared-lucid-dream-project?pid=170800#pid170800

Reality checking is incredibly important to be in the habit of doing when you see something strange. Preferably the moment something doesn't make sense to you, as your dreaming self will find a way to explain it in some nonsensical way and you'll be hating yourself when you wake up, so always do it if it even comes into question you could be dreaming.

The best reality check in my experience has been pinching your nose and trying to breathe through it really quick. In a dream, you'll feel the air go through your fingers and it'll be a very strange sensation, since your breathing is tied to your actual body and not dream self. If text is present (it often is, but not always, so not as reliable), try reading it, looking away, then looking back and reading it again. Text extremely rarely stays perfectly the same in dreams for some reason, probably because that part of your brain is asleep. In my case, simply focusing on my alarm clock I've seen thousands of times immediately shows nonsense despite me being so familiar with it.

Sometimes I can't really do the pinching my nose reality check in public, but usually I can. You can do it pretty quick/casually without trying too hard. But probably look into the Dreamviews forum (linked in above post) for a more extensive list of techniques, both for reality checking and lucid dream induction itself. Most people have success specifically with one technique or another and not all of them (as consistently), so do try them all, but remember to give them enough attempts you actually know if they'll work for you or not. Not having immediate success is normal, but you'll never have success if you never stick with one thing long enough for it to work.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I am also interested in lucid dreaming, and I have a problem I can’t solve. I can’t seem to lucid dream consistently. Even if I apply the techniques I need every night, most of the time I just fall asleep. Lucid dreaming seems to happen randomly, it’s as if I can’t build this muscle even after many years of practice. Anybody else has this problem? Is there anybody who can offer some advice?

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

Anyone else with the problem? Yeah, us. Any advice? Uhhh...

Well, what's your method(s), exactly? Things like WBTB DILDs are not as consistent just by their nature. WILDs are as consistent as it could possibly get. MILDs are pretty random but perhaps less so than some others. WBTB MILDs sound like a nice in-between.

Have you tried looking into other techniques on Dreamviews, Worldofluciddreaming or Howtolucid? Also, high dream recall (preferably with a dream journal or reciting of some sort) can help with having consistently vivid dreams.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Anyone else with the problem? Yeah, us. Any advice? Uhhh...

Well, what's your method(s), exactly? Things like WBTB DILDs are not as consistent just by their nature. WILDs are as consistent as it could possibly get. MILDs are pretty random but perhaps less so than some others. WBTB MILDs sound like a nice in-between.

Have you tried looking into other techniques on Dreamviews, Worldofluciddreaming or Howtolucid? Also, high dream recall (preferably with a dream journal or reciting of some sort) can help with having consistently vivid dreams.

I tend achieve lucidity listening to guided meditation videos on Youtube. Sounds and voices help me remain conscious. However, when I'm tired and sleepy I simply lose any dream control, even when implementing WILDs et cetera. It's really frustrating. All I manage to achieve is being aware of the point in which my brain shuts off. I'm familiar with Dreamviews, I'll go check the sites you suggested. Thank you. As for journaling, I'm tempted to start a thread for aspiring lucid dreamers. Perhaps community and competition might help us.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

This is me:

*looks at clock face in dream again*

*time changes*

*doesn't suspect a thing*

Good job dream me.

It's frustrating sometimes, but it's still worth the effort to try. I'm not in a good position to play around with Lucid Dreaming too much right now, but every so often the dream triggers me to help me realize I'm dreaming, like for example a dream character randomly talking about Lucid Dreaming or I'll get scared and realize I have more control than I previously thought, or I try to snooze and recognize what paralysis feels like. I won't rely on these rare "dream-breaks", but don't get discouraged if you can't get WILD down or can't get Hypnagogic hallucinations. All of my sleep paralysis / near-lucid experiences were always hypnopompic.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account