Happy System Pride Day!

Akecalo

To anyone who feels that it is relevent to them, Happy System Pride Day (Februalry 23rd 2019) from all in this sytem.

For those who don't know what I am talking about:

Akecalo - Host

Maya - Tulpa

Mara - Tulpa

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't seem to include tulpas at all....

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever seen a DID channel mention tulpas, which is a shame... You'd think, in their fight to prove being a system doesn't mean being "crazy", they'd enlist people who seek out plurality, and didn't develop it in response to trauma. Especially when the focus is that the disorder is lack of communication, memory loss, and so on, not the existence of the alters themselves (so integration isn't the goal for most systems, it's about communicating and working together with alters.) Tulpa systems show that it's possible to have an incredibly rewarding experience with plurality.

It's also possible for us to be completely invisible, so we can hide ourselves in a way that many DID systems cannot. That's my guess as to why DID channels don't talk much about tulpas, and why we don't have a pride day. Nearly every tulpa system I've spoken to says, we should say hidden. DID systems can't, in many circumstances with unplanned switching and so on. They need people to understand, especially family members, medical professionals, teachers, and the media, what DID and plurality is. We can just... hide. And we don't have many YouTubers. I think nearly all of us are anonymous.

Happy System Pride Day, regardless! I never quite understood why the day had to be changed, but people got really upset the first time around. Tell your system members you love them.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Seems kinda odd to make a video dedicated to systems without even knowing about a certain type of system, since she only mentioned DID and OSDD, and didn't even touch upon any other kinds.

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Happy system pride day! Says the non-controversial bear and his beautiful and happy system-mates.

Doesn't seem to include tulpas at all....

Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever seen a DID channel mention tulpas, which is a shame... You'd think, in their fight to prove being a system doesn't mean being "crazy", they'd enlist people who seek out plurality, and didn't develop it in response to trauma. Especially when the focus is that the disorder is lack of communication, memory loss, and so on, not the existence of the alters themselves (so integration isn't the goal for most systems, it's about communicating and working together with alters.) Tulpa systems show that it's possible to have an incredibly rewarding experience with plurality.

It's also possible for us to be completely invisible, so we can hide ourselves in a way that many DID systems cannot. That's my guess as to why DID channels don't talk much about tulpas, and why we don't have a pride day. Nearly every tulpa system I've spoken to says, we should say hidden. DID systems can't, in many circumstances with unplanned switching and so on. They need people to understand, especially family members, medical professionals, teachers, and the media, what DID and plurality is. We can just... hide. And we don't have many YouTubers. I think nearly all of us are anonymous.

Happy System Pride Day, regardless! I never quite understood why the day had to be changed, but people got really upset the first time around. Tell your system members you love them.

-J

Seems kinda odd to make a video dedicated to systems without even knowing about a certain type of system, since she only mentioned DID and OSDD, and didn't even touch upon any other kinds.

A couple of things have been brought up in this thread that may require clarification by me.

My system has certain similarities with tulpa systems and certain similarities with trama based systems. We have met other tulpa systems who have  systemmates who have a trauma origin, primarily at .io, when they had forums. I thought that some of those people may have migrated to here when the forums there died. This is why I qualified my post, because I knew that it was possible that some systems would not feel that this applies to them.

As for leaving out or being unaware of tulpas, Wyn is aware of tulpas. She subscribes to the opinion that systems are generated by trauma, that there can be systems, including tulpa systems, that do not recognise trauma in themselves but if a system was generated sucessfully it was due to trauma that the system is either unaware of or in denial of. That is her opinion based on the state of her undrestanding at this time, as I understand it. This is why she did not explicitly mention tulpas. It is an opinion that many disagree with, I acknowledge.

We just thought that it was worth wishing a good System Pride day to any who felt that it applies to them, sorry if i caused any offence by it. I think that any system should be able to celebrate a day dedicated to systems, whatever their origin or percieved origin.

Akecalo - Host

Maya - Tulpa

Mara - Tulpa

"Systems should be proud, let's not be swept under the rug! Unless they're tulpa systems, they should be swept under the rug or labeled closeted DID/OSDD."

Happy pride day to everyone!

I find it very frustrating when people claim to know more about me and my system than I do without having ever met me. I've got no idea when I would have experienced trauma or why my tulpa has no memory of existing before I started forcing her if she existed before from some sort of trauma, but I guess that you must be right because you know everything. Ok maybe I'm being a bit too mean there, it just really annoys me

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Nearly every tulpa system I've spoken to says, we should say hidden.

I know plenty who feel differently. I also know that before homosexuality was removed from the DSM, most LGBTQ people wanted to stay hidden too. When stigma is so great that people run the risk of not just being hated and denied jobs, but being institutionalized as a mental patient if they live openly, it makes people a lot less comfortable being open about what they are.

-Fox

As for leaving out or being unaware of tulpas, Wyn is aware of tulpas. She subscribes to the opinion that systems are generated by trauma, that there can be systems, including tulpa systems, that do not recognise trauma in themselves but if a system was generated sucessfully it was due to trauma that the system is either unaware of or in denial of. That is her opinion based on the state of her undrestanding at this time, as I understand it. This is why she did not explicitly mention tulpas. It is an opinion that many disagree with, I acknowledge.

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. "You can't be who you think you are unless you have trauma" is a sick and oppressive mentality. They used to think that people were only homosexual because of receiving abuse as children, too. It's not right to treat everyone like they have a mental disorder just because they are plural. I'm not saying that disordered forms of plurality don't exist, but it's downright oppressive to say that a perfectly mentally healthy system must have some kind of repressed trauma just because they are a system.

-Fox

Radical Dreamers system includes:

Jester of Doom, host

Fox, 9 year old tulpa made by Doom

Tiger Valkyrie, 1 year old tulpa made by Doom

Kitsune in Yellow, 1 year old tulpa made by Fox

Voice of Planet, 1 year old tulpa made by several members