A maybe odd question.

Having read up on this interesting phenomenon, and not being sure if this should go here or Q&A, I had a slightly important question, which relates to my self debate on creating a lifelong mental companion.

Is it possible to passively create a tulpa without meaning to, or even being aware of it?

I ask this as recently, thankfully before I found this place or I would accuse myself of sel diagnosis, I have been getting minor headaches that feel more like someone or something trying to get my attention, but I have no memor of creating one in my past.

It also bugs me as when I create character, be it for personal writing projects or for group ones, like roleplaying, if I flesh it out enugh, I end up hearing them regularly in my head, or seeing them in my mind eye. So far none of my recent ones have done anything reletively tulpa-ish that I know of, but I thought I would ask.

Another question, branching off from that is, if I think I may have one that spontaneously formed and is lost in the slightly fractured and odd thing I call a mind, how would I find said tulpa while knowing nothing about him/her?

A lot of people on this site created their tulpas by accident. I'm not quite sure how that happens myself, but whatever.

As for how to contact it, I would simply suggest relaxing somewhere and doing your best not to think. And by that I don't mean pushing away any thought that enters your head, just don't focus on anything and let your mind wander where it will. There's a good possibility that as your mind is wandering, you could eventually "stumble into" this mystery thoughtform.

My tulpa

Name: Tammy

Sex: female

Species: Anthro (red fox)

Working on: imposition

I think it depends on how you define accident; it may be that when some say it, they mean to say that they didn't know that's what they were doing. They may have consciously gone through the process of creating one but without knowing that's what it was accomplishing. For instance, my tulpa tend to start out as characters of mine in writing, so in effort to get to know my characters as best I can, I did a lot of the same things that tulpamancers do when forcing; I didn't know that at the time, so because of that I might be inclined to say that they were accidental. If one is not familiar with the concept of tulpa, how can they know that they are creating one?

I think it's the process in and of itself that is not accidental.

Tulpa:

Killian

Description: female, dark fae with a violent streak, black iridescent wings, short red hair, no specific age just "young adult" (early 20s) looking.

Came into existence: Spring 2007

Progress: very vocal, occasionally manages partial possession, working on imposition.

when I create character, be it for personal writing projects or for group ones, like roleplaying, if I flesh it out enugh, I end up hearing them regularly in my head, or seeing them in my mind eye.

Writer thing. It happens. I have one, two... a lot of tulpas created from characters. I was only considering a couple, originally, but when I told Kaia that I wanted to complete the majority of the work on Kai before fleshing her out as a tulpa, she slapped me. And thus I realized I was too late.

This reassures me a little. I'll try what was suggested and see if she (at least a she if its who I think it is) replies or responds at all.

A little pressure I am getting right now might mean its her, or maybe that I just need to get some food. I am not sure if I will be exicted to have a spontaneous tulpa, but it is nice to see that trying to be a good writer would help the general process for some.

Welcome to the community. Having a tulpa is a choice. You do not have to accept every thought that comes along :

Edit: The question is, do you want the character to be a tulpa?

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Well, given that I have not ignored Melody (the name of who I suspect) I am sure she has not faded.

Its more to the point that my character creation process is far too similar to some of the guides I have read.

I also now feel a bit sad for the characters I do not use any more.

On another note, thanks for the welcome and the links. I will peruse as I continue to consider making a tulpa.