Thinking Time! with Duvain and Liv

Duvainor

Hi. I'm Liv. Female tulpamancer, and a fairly new one at that. I've spent the greater part of the past year investigating tulpae and related, and only recently did I think to look up a guide. Reading five or six guides convinced me that this was a smart move.

To summarize the past three weeks of progress (or lack thereof), I spent my first week with Duvain working on personality, with a bit of visualization. His current form was easy, he's a glowing gold wisp. Personality-wise, I shoved a few traits I desired quite a bit and made sure to leave room for him to grow and change. (I imagined slipping pieces of paper into him with traits and explanations of how they would play out in his character, and watching them dissolve. I also put several blank pieces in, to symbolically let him write out what he wants, too. I dunno. Felt like a good idea and worked well for me.)

Past two weeks haven't been quite as full of narration as I'd like to say, but the daily narration minute/hour count has been slowly increasing (with a few exceptions from the trend). I aim for an hour and a half of solid time, with assorted 30-second comments all throughout my day.

I would say Duvain is doing okay for three weeks of average-effort forcing. I am trying to be less liberal with calling things a reply, but I will probe into what I am not sure about. (example; I'll be thinking something and then 'I bet Duvain would laugh at that' then, I think I hear a faint chuckle. Not sure if I did it because I wanted to or if it was him. I'll think about it for a bit, decide it was me, and then think to him 'If that *was* you, I'm sorry for not thinking it is') so perhaps instead of being discouraged, he'll be encouraged to try harder.

I'll tell him stories from my past, talk to him about what I plan for the future, ask him for advice (even though I don't really expect anything in response.) I feel a presence. A very quiet presence. I suppose it's good that he likes to listen, because I have a lot to say.

tl;dr I have a non-vocal tulpa and give me advice pls kthx

Duvain does not approve of this message.

Today, I've been chatting with Duvain while cleaning, and have been reading other progress reports to him. Doing so seems to be good for concentration.

I had a dream last night with a man that looked similar to how I'd like one of Duvain's main forms to be in the future. It wasn't him, but thinking about it now, I'm finding it easier to visualize that form. I doubt Duvain will be using it for a while, though.

Last night I spent a bit of time with Duvain, and have come to the conclusion that I need to work on my concentration skills if I want speedy progress with Duvain. I was attempting an exercise to help Duvain along in talking, (saying half of a sentence, having your tulpa finish it or repeat it etc) and I was having *such* a hard time keeping my mind quiet to let him respond. I don't know if I just had a busy mind last night, or whatever, but I don't think it's fair of me to expect Duvain to work towards overcoming my cluttered mind if I am not also doing so. I feel I ought to work at making my mind a more comfortable place for him.

I'm going to give the dots-on-a-card trick a go, and if anyone knows of better ways to help with concentration, please let me know.

I just recieved confirmation that Duvain can hear and understand me. I am so excited! I was narrating to him and noticed an odd pulsing feeling in the top right of my head. I established with him two pulses was yes, and one pulse was no. I also asked him to refrain from pulsing unless he was answering me. I asked if he was able to understand me, and recieved two pulses. I affirmed this a few times, and I am elated.