How to force?

QwerKi

I know what forcing is, but when I come to do it, I find I come to a dead end and have no idea what to do.

Do I visualize its form and just talk about personality and possibly just talk to it about anything? Or is there a certain way to go about this? What should I think of while doing it?

Also, narrating, do I just think about anything that pops into my head and just keep talking to it throughout the day?

Don't sweat it too much.

If you're personality forcing, yes, I'd suggest talking to them about the traits. Give an overview of what they mean, explain how the trait would cause them to react in certain situations, etc. Beyond personality forcing, you basically just spend time with them. Talk to them about stuff, guide them through the wonderland, work on visualization, or do whatever feels right to you.

Yes, that's essentially what narrating is. Just remember to direct your thoughts to the tulpa.

There's pretty much no wrong way to force. Don't sweat it too much.

If you're personality forcing, yes, I'd suggest talking to them about the traits. Give an overview of what they mean, explain how the trait would cause them to react in certain situations, etc. Beyond personality forcing, you basically just spend time with them. Talk to them about stuff, guide them through the wonderland, work on visualization, or do whatever feels right to you.

Yes, that's essentially what narrating is. Just remember to direct your thoughts to the tulpa.

Thanks. So I understand personality forcing now, so when I force and it's not based around personality I just talk to them about random things and basically pay attention to them?

Also, how do you direct your thoughts to your tulpa? I always visualise their form and pretend I'm talking to it. However, sometimes I'll just lose focus and think about random stuff.

Thanks. So I understand personality forcing now, so when I force and it's not based around personality I just talk to them about random things and basically pay attention to them?

Also, how do you direct your thoughts to your tulpa? I always visualise their form and pretend I'm talking to it. However, sometimes I'll just lose focus and think about random stuff.

Yes, that's basically it.

As long as it feels like you're talking to your tulpa, you're doing it right. If you lose focus, just take a second to collect your thoughts and refocus.

Yes, that's basically it.

As long as it feels like you're talking to your tulpa, you're doing it right. If you lose focus, just take a second to collect your thoughts and refocus.

Thanks. :P

I know what forcing is, but when I come to do it, I find I come to a dead end and have no idea what to do.

Do I visualize its form and just talk about personality and possibly just talk to it about anything? Or is there a certain way to go about this? What should I think of while doing it?

Also, narrating, do I just think about anything that pops into my head and just keep talking to it throughout the day?

We have plenty of guides that explain forcing, but I'll try to sum it up in a few sentences.

Personality work is where you basically explain the trait to the tulpa. Do this for however long you'd like, giving examples of the trait and how the tulpa would react in a certain situation. FAQ man wrote up a personality template that might be able to help you out with that if you're still not sure what you want to talk about. You can find that here.

There's also a symbolic way of personality work, doing what registers for you. You basically focus on the tulpa's essence and do something symbolic - fusing smaller orbs into a larger orb, pouring "trait potions" into a cauldron, etc.

For visualization, all you're doing is imagining your tulpa until you're able to recall whatever form you want them to have (or what they chose) until you're able to recall it with ease. You don't really have to focus on certain parts of the form like some people say, just do what works for you.

As for narration, yeah, you can literally talk about anything you want as long as you're doing it as much as you can. Quantity > quality when it comes to that.

Guest Anonymous

There's pretty much no wrong way to force.

I hate it when people say this. There are numerous wrong ways to force. People misinterpret this sentence as "Whatever you do, it'll work", while it should mean "If it works for you, don't think it doesn't just because it doesn't work for somebody else". It also gives the impression that forcing is easy - if that were the case, why can I count the hosts with imposed tulpas/tulpas capable of switching I know on both hands, and don't I know anybody whose tulpa can both possess and switch, even though I've been in the community for nearly a year? It's not easy, and giving a new person the impression that it is only frustrates them.

So, doing what works for you is obviously the way to go, regardless of what you're practicing. That said - how many guides have you read? How many different forcing methods do you know of? How many forcing techniques have you discovered through experimenting on your own?

If you haven't done a lot of those three things, of course knowing how to force is hard, because you haven't really tried doing it. The more you force, the better you get at it. So just get to practicing, and try as many methods as you need until you find one you're comfortable with. The basic idea is not that hard - executing it consistently is.

Guest Anonymous

Guess after what Tess said your problem would be solved but just one small thing...always try personality first.