Separation of thoughts?

Techoh

Sometimes he sees what I am thinking when I try to "switch" into his body. This sort of makes him confused a little.... but I guess it makes sense on why.

This is probably what may be causing the strife you two are going through the separation in switching. If he's fixating on empathizing what it would be like to be in your perspective throughout the switching process, he'll most likely go back to square one again to feeling those sensations still (e.g. full-body possession).

An idea he should consider is fixating on imaginary senses instead, rather than one where he focuses on what a tulpa intends to do (taking dominion of real life sensations). Whether it's imagining a wonderland, and him absorbing into that experience, or something else that doesn't involve focusing on real sensations in general, is probably a good start, i.e, where he shifts his awareness that doesn't lead him to where you two wouldn't want him to be for learning the switching process.