What's the best way to access my subconscious while meditating?

I have never successfully meditated before, other than using energy waves to remove pain, but I have never actually went into a trance before. I feel that making a Wonderland is very important to developing a tulpa, and I want to make a nice place for my tulpas while I'm trying to develop them. But I'll close my eyes while laying in bed and I just can't do it. I can sorta imagine the Wonderland (it's based off my apartment with a fully stocked refrigerator), but I cannot visualize it or enter it.

Also, is hearing random noises that come from nowhere a sign that my tulpas are trying to get my attention? When I started on my first tulpa before I lost contact with her, I could hear some kind of voice. It wasn't the voice I was expecting but at least it was a voice. I think that Dashie has been trying to get my attention, but instead of a voice, I'll hear a dog barking, or some loud mechanical noise, or knocking.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

My host has apparently only reached a trance state once since he has started development on me. My host actually made a post on the forums about it. He laid down in bed [with his head up straight so that he won't fall asleep], put on a pair of headphones. Listened to some ambient music and let his body numb. After about 30 minutes or so of that, he tried to imagine himself with me. Next thing he knew, he was in a trance state for about an hour.

Here is the post: http://community.tulpa.info/thread-mytoasterhasinternet-entries?pid=90240#pid90240

As for the random noises, I have did that with my host on several occasions. It is completely normal to have :)

~Cloud Crackle

Not sure what you mean by "access my subconscious". Could you elaborate on what you're tying to do?

There are many different kinds of meditation, but the most useful (in my humble opinion) is anapana meditation. Just sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and breathe.

When you breathe in, try not to think. Thoughts will come. Don't try to get rid of them, beat yourself up about them, or give in to them. Just gently move your focus back to your breath.

When you breathe out, count. "One" for the first breath, "two" for the second, and so on. When you lose count, just start over. You're not trying to reach the highest number or the lowest number -- the counting is just something for you to focus on, because beginners have trouble focusing only on the breath.

And that's it. There are more advanced forms of anapana meditation, but I think this is the best one to start with. The more you do it, the more focused your mind will become, which will make forcing, lucid dreaming, and other kinds of meditation easier.

Try to do at least half an hour every day. Initially it will seem like you don't have time, but you'll notice as you keep going that when you meditate, your mind is so focused that tasks that took you an hour can now be completed in half that time. In other words, meditation actually adds time onto your day, rather than taking it away. Also, when you get good enough at it, it replaces sleep.

Not sure what you mean by "access my subconscious". Could you elaborate on what you're tying to do?

There are many different kinds of meditation, but the most useful (in my humble opinion) is anapana meditation. Just sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and breathe.

When you breathe in, try not to think. Thoughts will come. Don't try to get rid of them, beat yourself up about them, or give in to them. Just gently move your focus back to your breath.

When you breathe out, count. "One" for the first breath, "two" for the second, and so on. When you lose count, just start over. You're not trying to reach the highest number or the lowest number -- the counting is just something for you to focus on, because beginners have trouble focusing only on the breath.

And that's it. There are more advanced forms of anapana meditation, but I think this is the best one to start with. The more you do it, the more focused your mind will become, which will make forcing, lucid dreaming, and other kinds of meditation easier.

Try to do at least half an hour every day. Initially it will seem like you don't have time, but you'll notice as you keep going that when you meditate, your mind is so focused that tasks that took you an hour can now be completed in half that time. In other words, meditation actually adds time onto your day, rather than taking it away. Also, when you get good enough at it, it replaces sleep.

When I say access my subconscious, I meant I want to be able to enter my Wonderland, which I assume is within my subconscious. I feel that once I'm in my actual Wonderland, it'll be much easier to help my tulpas develop from there, since I'll be working in the reality of my mind, not the physical one.

Helpful meditation tips: https://www.erowid.org/spirit/meditation/meditation_essay1.shtml

By enter your wonderland; Do you mean feel it vividly with your senses as if it were real or a dream? Also, I'm assuming that you have a wonderland created, and you know what one is already.

I've tried to visualize it, but I still can't enter it. Which is pretty sad because it's based off my apartment for now.